ATLA Online Movie Club! (147 posts)

• FireSageGuntur

Master of The Elements

said 4 years, 9 months ago

Note: This movie club will be organized not by one person, but by the entire group. That way, if a few people aren’t here, we can still get on with it.

Welcome to the ATLA Online Movie Club! Where we all pick one movie together, watch it by a certain day, discuss it, and have fun! It’s as simple as that. Some guidelines for reference though:

1. Most important: All movies will be rated at least PG13 or lower for the sake of those younger members we have.
    2. As of now, we will watch one or two movies per month, but we can tweak it as much as we want in the upcoming weeks.
    3. We will not pick movies that are in theaters, as it restricts access to many people and we want as many people to watch the same movie as possible. So older movies are suggested, but the only real restriction is none in-theaters.
    4. In regards to deadlines: The voting stage will take one week and the viewing/discussion will take a week and a half.
    5. Have fun!!! :)

Breakdown:

Voting β€”> One week
    Viewing/Discussing β€”> A week and a half

For example:
    If the voting will begin on the 1st, then it would end on the 8th, a week later. Then, from the 9th to the 18th-19th (1 1/2 weeks later) we all watch the movie (Wall-E for example) and discuss it along the way. The following week, the voting process for the next movie begins and the entertainment never stops :) Easy enough, right?

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Any questions? Come straight to me, either through this thread or PM.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Current Movie Info:

Category: Disney Renaissance (late 1980′s to early 2000′s)

Movie: The Lion King

Deadline: September 22nd

Voting Deadline: September 12th

β€œWe cannot concern ourselves with what was, we must act on what is” – Gyatso
    β€œWhen we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change” – Avatar Aang
  • Brandy

Elite Bender

So, are people supposed to sign up before the group gets started? I’d like to give it a go.

” You, my friend, are just a few plums short of a fruit pie.”-Momo
  • KoolKorra

Master of The Elements

You know what? I may have a thread related to movie reviews but i’d like to join. It could help me on my reviews and improve my reviewing skills!

I’d like to join please!

If you look for the light, you can often find it. If you look for the dark, it is all you will ever see
  • Ricardo

Lion Turtle

Why not just combine the other movie thread with this one?
    Instead of having the movies restricted to a certain time range, you could do it by a vote system.
    If the majority voted for a recently released movie, then it’d be wiser to watch and discuss that one, since they’ll all have been able to watch it as they’ve voted.
    If the majority instead chose an older movie, then again, it’d be better to all watch and discuss that one. The other movie thread wouldn’t have much activity if people wanted to do an older movie anyway, and vice-versa.

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

Yeah this thread pretty much is the exact same as KoolKorra’s but more open in that KoolKorra’s reviews can be posted here as part of the discussion and this is more open.

I see no reason for signing up. As if you watch the chosen movie you can join in.

This could go all over the place with votes so perhaps voting from a theme each time would be better than just leaving all under 13′s movies open.

Like say “Pixar Movie” “Disney Animated Movie” “Dreamworks Animated Movie” “Star Wars movie”

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Tea Bender Iroh

Elite Bender

This sounds awesome!

β€œI followed the law and I ended up in the woods. I go against the law, I find my self chased. Finally I have come to understand law. It is an attempt to create justice where there is none but will ultimately fail. So now, I come to you, follow the path down the centre” Kai
  • FireSageGuntur

Master of The Elements

@sifubrandy @cooltoph58 No sign-ups required!

@midnight0094 I was thinking recent movies would be acceptable, but not advisable is all, not that they could not be chosen. The only definite restriction I was thinking would be no movies that are in-theaters, which is exactly the opposite of KoolKorra’s correct? Her’s is more of a movie review for those who might want to see it, while this one is an open discussion about one that we all have seen.

@airspeed Yes, I was thinking somewhere along the lines of either categories or nominations, but I’ll probably go for categories in the end.

@drinkbender Thanks :)

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

Ok so when is the first movie going to be chosen?

• Tea Bender Iroh

Elite Bender

I think we should start with sonetging related to the site like: The last airbender or possibly Sozins’s comet which is the feature length finale

• FireSageGuntur

Master of The Elements

@airspeed I’m thinking I’ll choose the first category today, then let everyone pick a movie and we can narrow it down from there. But i definitely wanna have the first movie chosen before September begins, which shouldn’t be too hard at all, so we can set the first deadline date to halfway through September, around the 15-16.

• FireSageGuntur

Master of The Elements

@drinkbender I don’t know. The Last Airbender is a possibility, but as much as I like Sozin’s Comet, we’ve all seen it a dozen times I’m sure (I know I have), and I want this experience to be new for at least some people.

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@firesageguntur
    Wow that is a long wait to get this started, that is nearly a month away.

More people will be interested once we get this started and start naming some movies.

I see no reason why it should take that long

• FireSageGuntur

Master of The Elements

@airspeed Yeah I suppose so. Let’s begin then :)

The first category will be: Pixar Movies

• Ricardo

Lion Turtle

@firesageguntur So now do I name a pixar movie?

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

Ok
    Pixar Movies

I vote for Toy Story 1, have not watched that in a while.

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 10
Queries: 204 queries in 0.633 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f