RULES – PLEASE READ (16 posts)

• Deleted User

Newcomer

said 6 years, 8 months ago

Ok, so some of you might be new to this kind of roleplaying. Basically, what it is is a story. Each character in the story is expressed by a different person. For instance, say I started a cafe scenario, and I was the barista. You could join as a customer, writing out your character’s actions and what he/she says. I would reply by having my character reply to your actions and your dialogue. It might be a little difficult at first (it was for me) but once you get the hang of it, it will be very fun.

RULES:
    1. You may have scenarios that don’t relate to ATLA.
    2. Be polite and considerate to the other roleplayers.
    3. Do not kill the other characers without their creators’ permission.
    4. Do not use bad language.
    5. This is suppossed to be fun, so do not try to start fights, unless it pertains to the story you are roleplaying
    6. And most importanly: Have fun!

• Steve

Fire Lord

said 6 years, 1 month ago

And a few other things
    1.no gore
    2.no sexual referance
    3.and most importently NO SPAMMING (unless it has something to do with the roleplay)

Your making peanut butter bombs? – Sokka
  • Starbender

Bender

Hey Steve I was going to stcky this topic.*sad face*

Sokka-Even the meat eats meat here.
  • Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@starbender
    Then why didn’t you, took to long :P

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Steve

Fire Lord

@starbender Lol sorry, if u want, Ill unsticky it so you can resticky it

• Starbender

Bender

No thanks,I think I will delete it and make it over again and then sticky it.*evil laughter*.
    JK

• Steve

Fire Lord

• Starbender

Bender

If you try to stop me I will go Rough Rhini on you.Kinda a she considering every time we see them they get beat up.

• OG Sokka

Master of The Elements

I would like to be sure these are all the rules, as I don’t want to do or say something that causes any unnecessary interruption of the story so if any mods would like to add anything please do so so we are clear on the cans and the can’ts
    thanks

“Your awfully cute, but unfortunately for you your made of meat.”
  • Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

Ok these are the full rules, continuing off the OP

RULES:
    1. You may have scenarios that don’t relate to ATLA but must be in the Avatar World, any non avatar ones must say so in the threat title.
    2. Be polite and considerate to the other roleplayers.
    3. Do not kill the other characers without their creators’ permission.
    4. Do not use bad language your characters can insult people without bad words.If it comes to that lol
    5. This is suppossed to be fun, so do not try to start fights, unless it pertains to the story you are roleplaying
    6. And most importanly: Have fun!
    7. Violence is allowed but never in excess, i.e no gore/gruesome violence
    8. Keep any sexual stuff the same, Innuendo all you want, but no details. Your characters can have romances if that is what you are going for
    9.Alcohol may be used in roleplays, but again not in excess, like inviting a character for a drink in a bar is fine, but just randomly having your character drunk all the time and rude is not
    10. Smoking is also fine, again no in excess, don’t just have your character constantly smoking, maybe try a Sprig Of Wheat.
    10. Keep roleplays threads related to the story, there is a thread for Out Of Character stuff.
    11. Try and keep to the story that is developing, don’t suddenly change the plot unless everyone agrees

Updated By Airspeed Prime 4/6/2011

• Deleted User

Newcomer

And if your character has a potty mouth, rather than say the word, you can say “They cussed like a sailor” @airspeed That okay if I added that>

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@tracycruze
    Yeah that is good, gets the point across without actually saying it.

• Nicky

Elite Bender

said 5 years, 6 months ago

Thanks for telling us the rules guys… (Especialy you, mom)

• Melon Lord

Elite Bender

said 5 years ago

Here are suggested rules previously mentioned before the hack-attack:

1. No one-lining and/or chatspeak. A basic level of English literacy is recommended, unless one-lining and/or chatspeak is integral to the character.

2. Stealing and/or plagiarizing from other members is prohibited, be it character formats/biographies or roleplay idea. It is stealing if you have not acquired the original owner’s permission to reuse the material, and it is also plagiarizing if you imitate and claim that it’s your own. From now on any discovery would be penalized with a ban.

3. No godmodding. Your character is bound by whatever limits are set by the roleplay. If your character is a typical high school kid, he/she shouldn’t be able to run at the speed of light. Don’t make an invincible character; nobody likes that, and it isn’t realistic.

4. No power-playing. Basically, no controlling characters that do not belong to you. No moving another person’s character during your turn. Some people might not mind, but it’s best to avoid it altogether. If someone corrects you for accidentally doing it, don’t be offended and simply fix your turn.

5. No meta-gaming. Don’t use outside knowledge while in character. There are some things that should be kept separately; and meta-gaming can ruin a lot of things, and bounce realism out of the picture. What is meant by outside knowledge is lets say, ‘Person A’ and ‘Person B’ have a conversation about the characters via PM and share secret information about their characters. When it comes to roleplaying in character, their characters shouldn’t know each others secrets. As roleplaying, you will have to share the same information that was shared via PM through the use of your characters; this is the basic art of roleplaying.

6. Communication is everything. If you don’t like something another player wrote, please discuss it with them, and be ready to make changes where necessary. Roleplaying is all about interactive communication; clashes are bound to occur at least once during your lifetime. Be prepared to compromise and change things; do not turn any disagreements into a flame war. If you cannot compromise with another player, turn to the roleplay creator. Should that fail, contact staff member.

7. Roleplay creators have the right to reject a user from their roleplay or ask for revisions on their character fact-file. Should a player cause problems in a roleplay, the roleplay creator has the right to kick that player out from their thread. Should the player choose not to leave, the incident should be reported to a member of staff.

Basic Terminology

RP – ‘Roleplaying’, essentially. Just a shortened word, like how GFX is short for ‘graphics’.

Turn – A turn is basically a post in a roleplaying thread, which follows another post.

OOC – ‘Out-of-Character’. Basically, free discussion. Sometimes “OOC:” followed by a message to another player is added after roleplaying turns. In this forum section, there is an OOC Discussion subforum, where players can discuss about their characters and RP events without roleplaying them.

IC – ‘In-Character’. The opposite of OOC. Roleplays are considered ‘IC’ moments.

Godmodder – A person who makes their character overly powerful or invincible.

Meta Gamer – A person who uses outside knowledge (i.e. discussions outside the roleplay world) while in character. For instance, knowing another character’s thoughts or name before meeting them in character.

Power Player – Someone who controls another person’s character without their prior permission.

Mary Sue / Gary Stu – A stereotypical character without flaws. The worst sort of character any roleplayer could create.

I am the greatest Earthbender in the world! Don’t you two dunderheads ever forget!

Fully Realised Avatar

said 5 years ago

these rules seem easy enough to follow

If you want the secrets to all the site emoticons, click here ;)

And feel free to check out my page here: http://www.redbubble.com/people/avataryangchen

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 3
Queries: 227 queries in 0.637 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f