View by Last Post? (3 posts)

Topic tags: categories, feedback, New Posts, organization, posts, sort, topics
  • jwilliamson1987

Hotman

said 3 years, 12 months ago

Hey there!

Is/Could there be a way to sort the posts in a category by newness? or the last person to post? Most forums have a way to sort by what has just been posted. Am I missing it maybe?

Also, I was wondering if there was a place to see all topics, regardless of category, and see them in in a “Newest First” organization? Say a New Posts Page. That way you could see all new posts since the last log in/viewing of that New Post Page with their categories off to the side?

These were just things I have experienced in other forums, and found them super useful for following current postings.

Thanks!

:: ”Wait, I want to know everything.”
    ”Everything?” “Everything.”
    ”For you, my dear, I’ll start from the beginning…” -Zuko and Ursa
  • jwilliamson1987

Hotman

I actually think I just found what I was looking for… Sorry!!!! I see a forum directory? And that lists all topics and times… so… never mind! haha :-P

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

Yeah we have some fairly unique things here, it does take a bit of getting used to.
    Easiest way to explain things is this

http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com/community/

Forum sections here, click into one and you see all of the topics by default arranged, by last post. I am pretty sure you can organise them other ways in the settings, but I never see the need to do it.

Then my favourite feature of this site

http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com/activity/

Activity wall, where all activity on the site is collected. This is perfect for me as the head mod to check out everything and just in general keep up with things. Not to mention you can see people’s activity updates.

Other than that it works like most other forums, though the twitter-esque reply system is another feature I don’t see on many other forums. Makes for a less cluttered forum with less of a need to quote every post just to reply.

Just let me know if you need any help :)

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 11
Queries: 162 queries in 0.710 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f