New Members – PLEASE READ (21 posts)

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

said 4 years, 8 months ago

I had this thread here before the site hack, and completely forgot about it, until this morning.

Basically this is a list of some common things new members should know that will help you to adapt to the site.

First of all, please have a read of the full forum rules

The Following are included in the forum rules above, but are things that are sometimes forgotten.

- Before Making a new thread please check and make sure there is not already a thread about that very thing, this saves so much time and effort.

- Try not to post multiple times in a row in the same thread one after the other, You can reply to more than 1 person in a post, just type out their @username which is on every post by every member and it will show up as a reply.

- This site has it’s own function for hosting and posting images and should hopefully save you a lot of time when posting images.
    Every member has a photo album found by clicking “My Pictures” you can then upload images there using the upload image button. You are given the option to give the picture a description, save it, then you are shown a piece of forum code for that image, by copy and pasting this code (not the URL of the page your picture is on) into a forum reply your image will appear in your post.
    NOTE/ Right now this function is not working fully. So we recommend you use
    http://tinypic.com/ to host and post images on the forum, until this feature is fixed.

- To spoiler tag spoilers, simply highlight the text that is a spoiler and then click the spoiler button on the Reply toolbar, this will add the spoiler tags to the start and end of your highlighted text.

- The community/Avatar points are there for the purpose of showing who the most active member are as well as those who have been on the site for a long time. So nothing is gained by posting for the sole purpose of gaining points. Your points will go up as you interact on the forum, so post because you want to, not because you want more points.

- A list of site smileys (or Emoticons) can be found here, compiled for us by forum member Ricardo

-The site does not support pirated material of any sort, Avatar or otherwise. So please no posting links to view or download episodes or comics (or discussing them on the forum) from non official sources. We will post links to all legal ways to view the episodes. This is not because we do not want anyone to view the episodes, but for the sites sake, we do not want to get in trouble with Viacom (who are pretty intense about their copyrights).

Again these are just some of the common things new members seem to have issues with.

Anyone have any more suggestions.

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Ricardo

Lion Turtle

@airspeed Nice idea!
    I think you’ve pretty much covered most of the areas. 8-)

If I think of anything, I’ll post an addendum.

• Ricardo

Lion Turtle

@airspeed Perhaps you could include the Forum Rules thread?

I missed it upon first joining the site, as it is in an isolated place. Putting that in this thread would allow many more newcomers to notice it and subsequently, read it. :)

• Rrockz

Hotman

Thx for the advice I legit mound this site like 5min ago

Friend me! ❤❤❤❤
  • Ricardo

Lion Turtle

@airspeed A thought just occurred to me. Are ‘bumps’ allowed on this site? I haven’t yet seen anyone do this, but perhaps it should be added in as they are quite frequent on other forums?

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@midnight0094
    Bumps are only allowed in the market place section and once per day.

No need for them elsewhere really.

• Ricardo

Lion Turtle

@airspeed You mentioned that it’s the site policy that we don’t support pirated/illegal material, and that it is against the rules to post unofficial links to download or view the material.

Perhaps that should be posted here as well? :)

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@midnight0094
    Yes, will do.

• Akassa

Elite Bender

@airspeed This definitely convinces me that this is the best fan site I’ve been on thank you very much!

Man I feel like I’m a Spiritual Air Nomad whose Preachin…
  • HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader)

Amonic Reaper

said 4 years, 7 months ago

I hearby agree to all terms and conditions, if there is anything I violate it’s that guy with the mask fault. Not my fault :P

My excuse: He bloodbended me into violating the rules.

Why was 8 scared of 7? Because 7 ATE 9 Get it?
    AUDM Duel Monsters
  • leon stark

Newcomer

I am a bit of a writer, and am working on “chapters” of a “Book 4: Air”. Aang dreams that the Air-Benders had left for the last hidden temple, There are clues in languages only the Avatar can decipher, from all the past Avatars. Zuko is on the hunt for his mother. Azula, with the help of some of the DaiLi Earth-Benders has escaped with her father. Now the fun begins.

Do you take fan-fiction expanding on the plot? Maybe I will, on your request, submit some of these chapters for your comments.

• Ricardo

Lion Turtle

@leonstark Sounds like an interesting story. You could create a new topic in the Avatar Fan Fiction forum and post your story there. :)

• Hannah230

Fire Lord

yep

“TASTE MY THUNDER!!!!”- Meelo
  • Quintin

Hotman

Wow this is what I have been looking for my WHOLE LIFE! Always been looking for an awesome community like this thanks for this Airspeed Prime!

• Bolin

Newcomer

said 4 years, 6 months ago

Hi

~Bo

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 6
Queries: 217 queries in 0.644 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f