I had this thread here before the site hack, and completely forgot about it, until this morning.
Basically this is a list of some common things new members should know that will help you to adapt to the site.
First of all, please have a read of the full forum rules
The Following are included in the forum rules above, but are things that are sometimes forgotten.
- Before Making a new thread please check and make sure there is not already a thread about that very thing, this saves so much time and effort.
- Try not to post multiple times in a row in the same thread one after the other, You can reply to more than 1 person in a post, just type out their @username which is on every post by every member and it will show up as a reply.
- This site has it’s own function for hosting and posting images and should hopefully save you a lot of time when posting images.
Every member has a photo album found by clicking “My Pictures” you can then upload images there using the upload image button. You are given the option to give the picture a description, save it, then you are shown a piece of forum code for that image, by copy and pasting this code (not the URL of the page your picture is on) into a forum reply your image will appear in your post.
NOTE/ Right now this function is not working fully. So we recommend you use
http://tinypic.com/ to host and post images on the forum, until this feature is fixed.
- To spoiler tag spoilers, simply highlight the text that is a spoiler and then click the spoiler button on the Reply toolbar, this will add the spoiler tags to the start and end of your highlighted text.
- The community/Avatar points are there for the purpose of showing who the most active member are as well as those who have been on the site for a long time. So nothing is gained by posting for the sole purpose of gaining points. Your points will go up as you interact on the forum, so post because you want to, not because you want more points.
- A list of site smileys (or Emoticons) can be found here, compiled for us by forum member Ricardo
-The site does not support pirated material of any sort, Avatar or otherwise. So please no posting links to view or download episodes or comics (or discussing them on the forum) from non official sources. We will post links to all legal ways to view the episodes. This is not because we do not want anyone to view the episodes, but for the sites sake, we do not want to get in trouble with Viacom (who are pretty intense about their copyrights).
Again these are just some of the common things new members seem to have issues with.
Anyone have any more suggestions.