Hello there (3 posts)

Topic tags: introduction
  • Rocket Axxonu

Hotman

said 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Hey! I got into Avatar a few months back, and after stumbling across some of Airspeed prime’s YouTube videos analyzing the Avatar comics, I’ve enjoyed listening to some of the podcasts on this site. I thought it would be nice to be able to leave comments and join in discussions sometimes, if there are any going on at the moment.

My Avatar story: A few years back, I had a friend who was really into Avatar, and I watched most of the first season, but I was busy with some projects and not really watching much in the way of anime or television, and didn’t continue. Then a few months ago, I had a writing project where I needed to type up about ten notebooks’ worth of stuff, and to do that, I really need something to watch or listen to on the TV to keep myself sane. I saw that I could watch Avatar for free with Amazon Prime, so I decided on that. By the middle of season two and even more in season three, I was completely sucked in, and was having trouble keeping my eyes on my laptop. (I did eventually get all the notebooks typed up, though, hehe.) Now I guess I’m an avid fan.

I don’t have much in the way of Avatar fanworks up online anywhere at the moment, but I have a couple of projects in the works. (One is a fanfiction, relatively short, set after Smoke and Shadow, which involves Zuko trying to hunt down Azula after having let her escape again. I have the entire rough draft written, but there are still some things I want to work on. If I get it posted on fanfiction.net, I’ll probably post a link in my bio, if that’s allowed.) The other is a fan-comic, based on a fanfiction on fanfiction.net called ‘Distorted Reality.’ (In which Aang’s past lives send him to another world where things are reversed, and he’s joined by Azula and Zuko, and opposed by Sokka and later Katara.) Comics take a long time to do (for the first one of the set I’ve planned, I’m doing the prologue and a part of the first chapter), but if I ever finish, again I’ll post a link to my account on deviantArt. I actually already have the prologue finished, so I might go ahead and post it up here on this site, maybe.

Anyway, those are still in process, so mostly I’ll just be commenting on podcasts and such. I’ve really enjoyed listening to the discussions, and I think they’ve helped me gain some new insights into the series. (And I just love hearing other people besides me fawn over the comics. I think they’re absolutely brilliant.)

*[Side note: It seemed like people were mainly making new topics to introduce themselves, and I didn't see a larger main one for introductions, so I started a new topic here, too. But let me know if this needs to be moved somewhere else. (: ]

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@rocketaxxonu
    You did it right, the point of the introduce yourself forum section is for new people to make a new thread doing just as you did.

Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy it here, even if things are not overly active at the moment.

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Rocket Axxonu

Hotman

@airspeed

(Haha, I thought so. Only another forum I’m on does introductions a little differently, so I wasn’t completely sure. x3)

Thanks! Yeah, I figured there wouldn’t really be as much going on as far as Avatar discussions now, since it feels like the fandom isn’t at its height like it was a few years ago, at least for the moment. (Another series I’m really into ended awhile back, and since then the forum there has been pretty slow, too.) I’m glad to see you’re still doing reviews/commentaries of new Avatar stuff coming out, and I’m looking forward to the next part of North and South coming out next year. In the meantime, even if the forums aren’t too active, seems like there’s plenty of Avatar content and discussions on this site to sift through. C:

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 6
Queries: 165 queries in 0.598 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f