San Diego Comic-Con 2013…. (24 posts)

• Donna

Master of The Elements

said 4 years, 7 months ago

Yup seriously! … I know we’ve just survived and am slowly getting back into normal life from being at San Diego Comic-Con 2012… However, I got my 4 day badge to head back for 2013 and am still jumping around the room…lol :)

For folk thinking of heading there & don’t know what to expect. etc let me know and I’ll fill you in…

For folk who haven’t got their SDCCI membership ID… you need this to be able to participate in the online badge sale that will happen sometime in 2013 – no official date as of yet… It is the only way to purchase official badges (tickets) & highly recommend that you don’t delay getting this sorted sooner rather than later :) so head over to https://secure2.comic-con.org/memberid/ – fill in the details and DON’T opt out of getting the emails… you need these to know when the online sale will be happening and the link to be able to do the sale :) You don’t get spammed by SDCCI or any company so don’t panic just keep the emails to be sent to you option on :)

Now if you do manage to get Badges again let me know, it would be awesome to meet up and chill out… got to do this with the wonderful Teabender and next year would like to have more friends to chill with ;)….

My cosplay for next year will be Kya… and am really excited to see the final character designs for her when book 2 airs…. I know that they showed stuff at SDCCI this year of Kya, however, these are mock ups and we’ve seen in the past how from the initial mock up things get changed, so I want to make sure my cosplay reflects the actual costume in the show rather than via the initial character designs :)

Soooo what are you going to cosplay and why?

…By feeling all these emotions, it helps you understand how precious human life is…. so you will do anything to protect it. – Avatar YangChen
  • Rabadoo

Fire Lord

Well, I’m trying to organize a road trip with a bunch a friends to get there. I shall be cosplaying as Korra and probably Amon as well. Korra so I can get a ton of weird looks from people and Amon because I love Amon.

This is a signature about things.
  • KoolKorra

Master of The Elements

Well, I was thinking of going to Comic Con but i’m not sure because first of all, I’m 13, i’m not sure if my parents would agree, and then there’s the airport.

I’d love to go to Comic Con. I have never been there . I think it’s amazing.

If you look for the light, you can often find it. If you look for the dark, it is all you will ever see
  • Rabadoo

Fire Lord

Yeah, it’s nice being an adult and having the ability to DO things. My conversation with my parents was basically

Me: Hey Mom, going to California next year.
    Mom: You gots the moneys?
    Me: Yep.
    Mom: Kay.

• AwesomeBender

Master of The Elements

Are you able to get a badge of you´re not from the US. I´m not sure that I would go because it´s a kinda pricey trip.

• Rabadoo

Fire Lord

@awesomebender I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to, as long as you’ve got a passport.

• KoolKorra

Master of The Elements

yea @awesomebender I think it’s pricey. Another factor of being unsure of ComicCon

• Rabadoo

Fire Lord

@cooltoph58 Last year it was $175 for the four day pass plus preview night. 150$ without the preview night. And honestly, why would you make the trip if weren’t going to spend all four days there? Plus, there’s the cost of travel, food, and where you’re going to stay(I’m probably going to be sleeping in my car, hotels are freaking crazy expensive)

• KoolKorra

Master of The Elements

yeah. It’s all about the money.

• Deleted User

Newcomer

nah, rather just watch comic con on youtube from someone who was there, save some money to buy atla, lok dvd’s right. :P

• Ricardo

Lion Turtle

@momo2009 The atmosphere is different though. You wouldn’t get to meet people, buy the merchandise, etc.
    The general feel of it is just different.

I suppose it all comes down to preference. :)

• Rabadoo

Fire Lord

So far, I’ve got 4 people in on my cross-country road trip. Not all have a reliable way to pay for it(because none of them have JOBS). But I’m getting really excited now that this is actually gonna happen.

• KoolKorra

Master of The Elements

*sighs*

Fully Realised Avatar

@cooltoph58 said:
    *sighs*

yep, i wish i would be able to go to the comic con, but with a family of 6, and the fact that im the only one in my family obsessed with avatar, it wouldnt be worth it to anyone but me.

If you want the secrets to all the site emoticons, click here ;)

And feel free to check out my page here: http://www.redbubble.com/people/avataryangchen

• KoolKorra

Master of The Elements

yeah and i think dad would rather save money than comic con.

Hmm, i’ve been thinking about ComicCon 2015 for last season or 2014 for 3rd

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 8
Queries: 218 queries in 0.654 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f