San Diego Comic Con 2012…. (20 posts)

• Donna

Master of The Elements

said 5 years, 4 months ago

Ok, one of the reasons why I haven’t been so active here is because I’m furiously working on getting my Badges for next years San Diego Comic Con and am very active on the official CCI FB page and helping folk out with info and just patiently waiting for the Membership ID to come up then the crazy hectic sale of the precious Badges when they come up.

I’m more than ever focused on getting to SDCCI 2012 as I just have once again a gut feeling that there will be a more than ever stronger presence of Korra there and feel that like this year, it was awesome to be there to get the info first hand, but also awesome to be able to tweet and feed back to the board what’s going on… Also an epic place to meet up with other awesome fans that are totally devoted to ATLA and ATLK :) I’ve also begun the design work to have Madame Woo the fortune Teller as my 2nd cosplay for SDCCI 2012 :)

In amongst all my hectic schedule planning and writing and waiting for the SDCCI Membership ID, I had a thought… was there anyone here on this board wanting to go to SDCCI 2012 and if so, are you aware of what you have to do to get there and can I be of any help… (sorry not money wise lol )… so any SDCCI 2012 questions, feel free to ask and I’ll do my best to answer or help you along the way :)

…By feeling all these emotions, it helps you understand how precious human life is…. so you will do anything to protect it. – Avatar YangChen
  • Admin / Jordash

Administrator

Wang Fire

said 5 years, 3 months ago

@donnagardner

Nice I’m going to try and make it out to Comic Con as well, maybe we should post a guide up on the site if you think that’s a good idea?

Jordan

Hey stomach, be quiet alright! Iā€™m trying to find us some food. ā€“ Sokka
  • Donna

Master of The Elements

said 5 years, 2 months ago

@admin If you can make it that would be awesome!!! Getting a badge pass is the problem :( Demand outweighs the supply now, so folk are all anxious to get the precious passes indeed… 1st you need to do the online Membership ID signup – sometime in January 2012 then the badge passes will go up for sale soon after that. It will be a bun fight indeed… check out https://www.facebook.com/comiccon the official San Diego Comic Con face book page, this is where I have been for the last few months helping with folk over there… like an unofficial volunteer :)…

I have also been helping out and busy here… Comic-Con Fan page:

http://www.facebook.com/ComicConFanPage

Another great Fan Message Board:

http://comicconfans.com/

Fan based Blog with excellent reviews info and tips:

http://rponcho.com/

as I’m really focused on getting to Con in 2012 so we can keep up with all the info as it’s released there too :) Got a huge gut feeling that Korra will be huge there… can’t say why just got a feeling! lol….

The other exciting part of my obsession to get to SDCCI 2012 is because…. I have won a session with the Track Team to observe them working on KungFu Panda and/or Legend of Korra session and am just trying to finalize the details with Whitebear to hopefully tie it in so I can do both while I’m in the USA… now…here’s the big thing… according to the slip of paper I got sent in the mail… is that I can take unto 3 other people to the recording… and again just waiting to see what this entails. I’m thinking that who ever comes will have to pay their own way there and wonders if anyone here would be interested?…. lol….

Now back to the topic… I’m working on doing Iroh next year…. and probably doing the Earth Kingdom Jasmin Dragon Tea Shop Costume :) though will also take my Avatar YangChen and am making 6 staffs to take to give to the Creators and the crew :)…. soooo excited!!!!

• Admin / Jordash

Administrator

Wang Fire

@donnagardner

I’ll definitely try my best to make it to comic con.

BTW i’d definitely be interested in meeting the track team on a Korra session that would be way cool for the site as well.

Be sure to keep me updated on what you find out about that.

• Admin / Jordash

Administrator

Wang Fire

@donnagardner

I’d be willing to pay for travel etc.. to if it was in California.

• Donna

Master of The Elements

@admin … Will do… :)

• Donna

Master of The Elements

said 4 years, 8 months ago

Right Ho…. I have 9 sleeps before I fly from New Zealand over to the wonderful city of San Diego…

My Cos-play costume of Pema is nearly finished, just organizing the wig. The costume came back from the Dyers perfect color match! The final sewing and fitting done and now just going to do some wood carvings to take to give to the panelists to show my appreciation of their hard work and effort :)

Can’t Wait :) Will be doing live updates during Comic-Con of any information, during panels, about any toys/merchandise and of course pictures of fantastic ATLA/TLOK cos-players too :)

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@donnagardner
    It is so close now, I am excited to see what info comes out and almost more excited to hear about how many Avatar fans will be at the con, will they make as big of an impression as last year when we knew almost nothing.

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Admin / Jordash

Administrator

Wang Fire

@donnagardner Yeah, you’re our Comic Con Insider :)

• Donna

Master of The Elements

On a cosplay note…. sourced from http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=292386 I’ll be attending these and getting as many awesome/epic Cosplay pictures from these guys and posting later in the day or in the evening, :)….

Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra cosplay gathering #1:
    Date: Friday, July 13th
    Time: 12:30p – 1:30p
    Location: Across Ballroom 20D (by the windows facing the ocean)
    IF we get kicked out again then it will be at the bottom of the big stairs located in the back of the convention center

Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra cosplay gathering #2:
    Date: Saturday, July 14th
    Time: 12.15 – 1:30
    Location: Across Ballroom 20D (by the windows facing the ocean)
    IF we get kicked out again then it will be at the bottom of the big stairs located in the back of the convention center

*TEAM AVATAR at the Comic-con Masquerade
    Date: Saturday, July 14th
    Time: 8:30p (tickets will be given out at 2:00p, doors open 7:45p)
    Room: Ballroom 20
    Info: Avatar skit at the Masquerade! Come out and support!

GO TEAM AVATAR!!!!!

• Donna

Master of The Elements

@airspeed I’m thinking the TEAM AVATAR will do it’s best to own Ballroom 20 on Friday till 12, for sure, though FireFly panel is right after us and so I’m heading very early in the morning to be able to get into that room….lol….

I have a feeling we’ll see quite a bit of Korra stuff, if not official definitely fan based, and again, I’ll be scavenging, begging and sniffing out any info, comments and thoughts from any one related to ATLA/TLOK & also am thinking of doing a video of the comments etc from some of the fans I’ve gotten to make friends with over the years :) that will be @ SDCCI :)….

• Donna

Master of The Elements

@admin – I’m going to be tag teaming with other Korra/ATLA fans from other sites too, so we’ll be getting oodles of info from all different sources and think that this will be a great experience for me and the board like last year…. 9 sleeps to go to flight… 13 sleeps to the event…. :)

• Rance100

@donnagardner

Try to get pictures of the Creators and Cast and of other cosplay costumes. I would love to see them

“Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not.”- Iroh
  • Donna

Master of The Elements

@rance100 Oh that is a definate on this gals agenda :). Am hopping to get some video too :). Though out of respect and due to CCI rules won’t be for panel, but definate of fans and possibly the signings if possible to :)

• Donna

Master of The Elements

Just got email from wig maker have an appointment to see him on Monday morning for Pema wig tryouts :). Making appointment yo have my head fully shaved so if I decide to do Avatar Yangchen I can too :) costumes all packed up and ready to fly in less than 21 hours :). Getting excited now :)

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 8
Queries: 191 queries in 0.635 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f