Local Comic-Cons…. (6 posts)

• Donna

Master of The Elements

said 4 years, 5 months ago

This thread is for folk to post info or details of their recent visit to their own Local Comic Conventions/Pop Culture Expo’s etc.

ie. Here in New Zealand, we are on our final day of Armageddon Expo.. and sadly LOK nor ATLA has had a descent representation… Till yesterday… imagine my totally fangirl squeeing when I came across an amazing kiwi artist that has done some beautiful KORRA & ATLA fan art…. sigh…. will post pictures once I’m home and transfered onto my desktop….

As for other merchandise… found an ATLA fanart pillow, and the same images in buttons and keyschains ^_^ (again will post pictures once am home…)

As for Cos-play… 2 Korra’s, 1 Uncle Iroh, I Suki, and that’s about it… again pictures when I get home…. We still have one day left… so fingers crossed :)

I didn’t do cosplay due to several reasons, mainly the weather… lovely crazy spring weather, rain, heavy rain, wind, really gusty wind and wait for it… oh yeah…. more really heavy rain…. Air nomad flowing robes in rain tend to get extremely heavier than they already tend to be :( and the staff being made of light pine would just warp :(… so ATLA/Korra chibbie SDCCI t-shirts were the go and got plenty of thumbs up for that :)

So that wraps up my sharing of our local Armageddon Expo Pop Culture Event… look forward to reading others :)

…By feeling all these emotions, it helps you understand how precious human life is…. so you will do anything to protect it. – Avatar YangChen
  • Rabadoo

Fire Lord

Went to the Tampa Bay Comic Con yesterday(I wonder if Momo2009 was there). So I didn’t have an Amon outfit, but I did have my mask. So I decided I’d go as super stylish Amon and wore a flannel shirt, a bow tie, and a hat with lots of buttons. I’ll put a picture up later. But I got a bunch of complements on the mask, a few photos by strangers, and one woman who’s daughter(probably only 12 or 13) was cosplaying as Lin came up to me and asked if I’d take a picture with her daughter, to which I agreed(and I’m pretty sure the girl felt super duper awkward). And after the picture I started flailing my arms around, pretending to blooodbend the girl. It was pretty great.

This is a signature about things.

Fully Realised Avatar

@donnagardner i heard about the comic con in my area from a friend a few years ago, but ive never looked into trying to find out when it is, i didnt even know there was a TBCC or anything like that.

If you want the secrets to all the site emoticons, click here ;)

And feel free to check out my page here: http://www.redbubble.com/people/avataryangchen

• Rabadoo

Fire Lord

@airavatara I only found out about TBCC’s existence last month. It’s not all that huge and there was a disturbing lack of Avatar stuff. I’m not sure if you live in the area(just looking at your surprise of TBCC’s existence), but Orlando Comic Con is next month, I think. It’s much bigger, I hear.

• alex

Your Momoness

said 4 years, 3 months ago

I got NCComic Con. I’ve never been, but I’m going next year :D.

my tumblr ٩(ര̀ᴗര́)
    terminal-dogrna.tumblr.com
  • Donna

Master of The Elements

said 3 years, 9 months ago

We’ve just had our local Armageddon Expo here, Kiwi style Comic-Con and were very blessed to have Janet Varney – voice of Korra visiting our wonderful Country and she had a wonderful time :) She’s penciled to go to Aussie in October and hoping that she might jump over the ditch to Auckland for our Main Armageddon Expo :) She was in Hamilton and in Wellington and though Korra isn’t strong here it was good to see the odd Korra Cosplayer :)

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 8
Queries: 181 queries in 0.613 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f