The Avatar knowledge (8 posts)

• Phoenix King

Bender

said 2 years, 9 months ago

When I watch the series I get doubts about some parts of the series.

So here is how its gonna work.

I’m going to ask a question like “how did Jinora bring back Rava after Vatoo destroyed Rava ?”. I couldn’t understand how it worked.

The next person to reply to this topic should share his/her knowledge about the question asked before.

This way everyone’s knowledge about the series will definitely increase.

mmmhahahahahahahahahahahahahah. I’m not toph. I’m Melon lord.
  • Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

Great thread idea.

That question requires a detailed answer.

First of all Raava and Vaatu can never fully destroy each other, so in this situation Raava was killed, but would have been reborn within Vaatu given enough time.
    Because of the “death” of Raava Darkness spread while little light remained,, hence why most spirits transformed into Dark Spirits. In fact after Raava is killed the only time we see light spirits are around Jinora because of her spiritual connections.
    So when Jinora enters the battle between Unavaatu and Korra what she does is use the light that surrounds her, some of the only light left and engulfs Unavaatu in it. This speeds up the reformation of Raava enough that Korra can sense her presence within Unavaatu.

The music piece that plays during this scene is called “Jinora’s light” which effectively gives us the answer. She used the light spirit energy that surrounded her alone to speed up the reformation of Raava.

This plays on the dynamic between Raava and Vaatu that depending on the number of spirits that are light or dark, their size increases or decreases.

Anymore questions?

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Appa Your Flying Bison

Fire Lord

I’m a little confused by how energy bending works. Like with the lion turtle

Snoost
  • Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@pokemon1317
    I will admit there is still a lot we don’t know about Energybending, but we know some stuff.

Key quote is
    “In The Era before the Avatar we bent not the elements but the energy within”
    Which makes sense now that we have seen Beginnings, the Lion Turtles used energybending to lend bending to the people. Energybending seems to be the natural skill of the Lion Turtles like the elements are to Dragons, Sky Bison and Badgermoles.
    Aang is given energybending via energybending from the Lion Turtle and has the ability to take bending from others and based on Book 1 Air also to unlock bending within others after it was sealed.

While elemental bending focused on using Chi to manipulate your element, it seems like Energybending literally focused on manipulating Chi alone of your own and others. It clearly comes before elemental bending.

What we don’t know if Aang or Korra can actually give a non bender bending like the Lion Turtles or if Aang was only given a certain power of Energybending.

Hope this helped, but we don’t know that much about energybending.

• Appa Your Flying Bison

Fire Lord

@airspeed thanks it clears up my questions:D Maybe korra will get a lion turtle encounter as well

• Phoenix King

Bender

I’m a little confused how the spirit world work before Korra opened the portals. They said that the avatar was the bridge between the spirit world and the physical world and the spirits and people could not move freely around these worlds. But then Air benders could go to the spirit world by meditating and Iroh was able to leave his physical body and live in the spirit world before the harmonic convergence.

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@Ahmed-Muruthalo
    The simple answer is that even before Harmonic convergence you can enter the spirit world through meditation, but you do have to be a very spiritual person, hence why Tenzin could not do it.
    What they could not do was enter the physical world with their physical body because Wan closed the spirit portals.

The number of people who could meditate into the physical world is so small that I assume most people just said that the Avatar was the only bridge. Which is still true because the Avatar is a mix of human and spirit.

• Phoenix King

Bender

Thnks

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 4
Queries: 177 queries in 0.612 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f