Avatar The Last Airbender Rewatch Thread (9 posts)

• Appa Your Flying Bison

Fire Lord

said 11 months, 1 week ago

I’m doing a rewatch of ATLA after 3 years! JOIN ME :D

Snoost
  • Appa Your Flying Bison

Fire Lord

Im currently on Book 1 Episode 7. Watching Hei bai mess-up the village :P

Anyone know why Iroh could see Avatar Roku’s dragon flying through the spirit world but nobody else could?

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@pokemon1317
    Honestly it is one of the most inconsistent things in the whole Avatar universe, who can and cannot see spirits and the idea that if you have been to the spirit world you can see them.

This episode as the first spirit world episode just confuses everything. Because Fang here is a spirit shown in the style of the spirit of a physical being separated from it’s body in the physical world, but Fang is dead and we assume has been in the spirit world for a while so it should just be a spirit at this stage and be seen like Hei Bai. Aang as a spirit also very confusing, because when Jinora uses astral projection people can see her.

Then normal spirits also seem to be able to decide if they can be seen or not, as seen when Jinora can naturally see spirits in Book 2 and has to ask the spirits to show themselves to everyone else.

I guess naturally spiritual people like Iroh and Jinora can just see spirits regardless of form, you can become spiritual enough to see them like Bumi and Avatars seem to be able to see them also.

The problem with this episode is that we never actually go to the spirit world despite the episode name, it is actually the next episode we see it a bit and see Roku and Fang coloured properly as spirits.

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Appa Your Flying Bison

Fire Lord

@airspeed Weird that it is so inconsistent. I never noticed these things the other times I watched the show

Fully Realised Avatar

said 11 months ago

@pokemon1317 I have been trying to do a rewatch for about a year now, but I’m stuck on Book 1 Episode 7…it’s again kind of too late because school is starting again, but I’ll try to get in on this action! :P

If you want the secrets to all the site emoticons, click here ;)

And feel free to check out my page here: http://www.redbubble.com/people/avataryangchen

• Appa Your Flying Bison

Fire Lord

said 11 months ago

@airavatara I still got about a week to finish it :P

• Deleted User

Newcomer

said 10 months, 4 weeks ago

Man Im tring to figure out ways how not to over-watch-and-handle how is it the best TV series ever and tring to stop think over it and now you want rewatch

• Appa Your Flying Bison

Fire Lord

said 9 months ago

Starting Book 3 now :D, I should go back to studying lol

• Appa Your Flying Bison

Fire Lord

said 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Finally finished the show lol, took me 2 months judging from my posts :P. It was really good getting to rewatch it after a few years l. I think it was my 6th rewatch in total. I’m probably gonna rewatch korra soon, I’m just waiting for midterm season to be over

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 4
Queries: 190 queries in 0.610 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f