Avatar Petitions Have Failed (3 posts)

Topic tags: Avatar, Avatar Petitions, Failed Petitions, Failure, Promotions

Hotman

said 1 year, 5 months ago

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, wherever you are and/or when you’re reading this post. My name is Avatar10. Today, I have some pretty sad news.

On a website called Change.org, two petitions were made to promote the Avatar franchise by being picked up by an online series website. The first one was targeted to Hulu, the second one was for Netflix. As of now, both of those petitions are closed, which means they were unable to achieve victory.

Why did this happen? I don’t have a clear answer right now. There was an update within the past week that could have answered why, but I deleted the email without reading it all, so I don’t have the link. The only theory I can give right now is that it wasn’t very popular. Yes, the Netflix petition got over 43,000 signatures, but the Hulu one didn’t even get a thousand! So, because of this, unfortunately, the Avatar franchise won’t be able to proceed and be promoted.

Good day, good night, wherever you are, whenever you are reading this.

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

said 1 year, 4 months ago

@avatar10
    As many have said before when these petitions have been brought up, they were NEVER going to work.

The reason we have no Avatar show on the horizon right now is not because the universe is confirmed to be over, it is because Mike and Bryan are taking a break from working in animation, these shows take so much out of them. They have even said in interviews that they may be back after they are done with their solo projects.

Also we are still getting Avatar through the comics and they are only becoming more and more popular with Korra comics on the horizon.

The thing with Netflix or Hulu is that even if they bought the Avatar franchise, we would still want Mike and Bryan to be our creators and as I said they are on a break. Sure no one is a fan of the way Nick handled Korra, they really messed up the way they marketed the show, but the show was still a success. If netflix or Hulu took Avatar over, the comics deal with Dark Horse comics would also be up in the air and right now the comics are the new story content.

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Deleted User

Newcomer

said 10 months, 4 weeks ago

@airspeed
    Well said.
    Actually Im happy that they arwn’t thinking about a new series, I don’t want to see how my beloved series turns into stupaid brand like Star Wars.

But I would really like to sew the comics as a 4th season. Do you think that the creators are going to animate them? Did they said something about it?

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 4
Queries: 174 queries in 0.625 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f