PETITION TO BUY THE LEGEND OF KORRA (22 posts)

Topic tags: ATLA, Bryke, Hulu, korra, Netflix, nickelodeon, petition
  • Jonathan Gathers

Hotman

said 2 years, 6 months ago

Hi, everyone! There’s a petition that started to get Netflix or Hulu to buy ATLA/LOK from Nickelodeon and extend Bryke’s budget for a new season and/or series.
    They are 549 signatures from succeeding, so if any of you are interested, go to the link and sign to bring our Korra back.

• Jonathan Gathers

Hotman

• AncientAvatar

Hotman

• Zuko

Bender

YES finally it’s a forum post. Nice job man, you know what the situation is like now?

• Jonathan Gathers

Hotman

@swagshag
    Whaddaya mean?

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@avatarjon
    I think he is asking if there is anything more to this than just a random petition.
    Is there even a 1% chance that anything comes from this.

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Jonathan Gathers

Hotman

@swagshag
    Yes, Hulu has expressed an interest in doing this should the signatures come through. Netflix as well.

@airspeed
    Thanks!

• Zuko

Bender

@avatarjon alright nice, and that was what I was trying to ask, @airspeed is on point ????. And do you know how many signatures we need to go? And I’m also confused, if Hulu does buy LoK, Nick still owns it right? It might sound like a dumb question, but I told my friend this and he confused me, as usual, so I was wondering.

• Zuko

Bender

Aww man, if I put an emoji in, it comes as four question marks xD

• Jonathan Gathers

Hotman

@swagshag
    We need 509 signatures at this moment.
    No, I don’t believe Nick will still own it, cause in selling it they will sign away their rights. Also meaning LOK and ATLA will never be shown on network television again. I think. I’m not so sure.

• Zuko

Bender

@avatarjon but doesn’t Hulu show other stuff like Yu-Gi-Oh? Yu-Gi-Oh is still on its original channel, but Hulu also has it on their site. So would it be like that, where Hulu and Nick share broadcasting rights, but Nick owns the full rights?

• Jonathan Gathers

Hotman

@swagshag
    Hulu would be buying it completely from Nick, I’m assuming. Nick doesn’t want any more episodes produced, so Hulu would maybe be producing more as well, not just broadcasting it. It could be Nick will broadcast but Hulu owns the rights! Maybe you should ask the guy who started the petition (?)
    Eh.

• Zuko

Bender

@avatarjon alright lol, I was just wondering. And do you know for sure that Nick doesn’t want anymore episodes? I don’t mean to be that guy that doubts everything, but a lot of people thought Avatar was going to stop after ATLA. And I guess what you said makes sense, that Hulu owns the rights and Nick broadcasts.

I’m really curious about this so is there like any way I can contact the guy who started the petition?

• Jonathan Gathers

Hotman

Yeah, I mean, right now we don’t know for sure that Nick doesn’t want another series or even that if they do that they won’t change their minds. You’re right, though.

If you want to contact the guy, I guess you make an account on change.org and got the link and go to his profile..? I dunno. Try it, and if it doesn’t work I’ll check it out.

• Zuko

Bender

@avatarjon k thanks man!! And it’s great that you let us all know about this thing, you’re a MVP lol

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 1
Queries: 196 queries in 0.621 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f