Loose Ends (12 posts)

• Combustion Man

Hotman

said 2 years, 5 months ago

Everyone will have seen the final episodes by the time they read this. Leave those comments in the dedicated threads. Here, let’s talk about loose ends. These are things you think were not completely resolved.

• Combustion Man

Hotman

I’ll start with Aiwei the truth seer. We see him being tossed in the fog of lost souls. But we know that his body is stuck somewhere in meditation. They made an effort to save Jinora, and even Aang was in a similar situation. I would have liked to see them follow up on Aiwei.

• LightningSpeed-Zuko

Elite Bender

@combustionman Yea good point. Another loose end was basically the other nations..mainly the Fire nation..we saw little of their nation and how Zuko mostly ran things. Would have been nice to see more backstory in the Korra series as a whole and i’m not talking about the comics lol..meant exclusively the animated series because that’s what most of us wanna see I think :p

Also Prince Wu was supposed to be King Wu by then but I am thinking it was because Kuvira stole the spotlight and basically prevented him from truly being a king, despite his coronation.

Aang: ..Well what do you think we should do??
    Zuko: …Think about our place in the universe?
  • Atry

Master of The Elements

Let’s get straight here people.

These aren’t really loose ends, it’s just things you would like to see but simply didn’t get to. If any of those things had been important to move the story along then they would have been there, but they weren’t.

Mike talked about this in the first art book when discussing the flashback to Tarrlok’s childhood, that having a scene like that works when it moves the story along, otherwise it’s just exposition for the sake of it.

I guess it would have been nice to see that, and they probably thought so too. But they had this story in mind and there simply was no room for it, what they showed was enough. Why waste any frames on further exposition when there are other things more important to the story?

• Appa Your Flying Bison

Fire Lord

A loose end i see is the past avatars. Are they really gone forever?

Snoost
  • Atry

Master of The Elements

• Appa Your Flying Bison

Fire Lord

@shinobi you can never be too sure :P

• Zuko

Bender

A loose end I saw was how the Avatar State can empower Korra with that extent with no past lives to support her. I see that the Avatar State can strengthen her, but I recall that the Avatar State provides her with the wisdom of all her past lives. So I thought, with even more power than she had in Season 2, I figured she should have been able to connect with her past lives

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@swagshag
    I am not really sure what you are trying to ask. So I will just explain some Avatar State stuff to see if it helps.

While Roku did explain that the past lives grant an Avatar power and knowledge while in the Avatar State. It stll works without the past Avatars as shown by Wan in Beginnings, literally the Avatar state is Raava’s spirit power literally being harnessed by the human, hence why if you are killed in the Avatar State the cycle ends, because both Raava and the Avatar are hurt and the connection is severed.So while Korra may bot be as powerful in the Avatar State as when she had the past lives, she still has her own bending skills which are magnified by Raava’s power.

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Combustion Man

Hotman

@shinobi
    I guess it doesn’t have to an obviously open end. But definitely something you wish they had followed up on. Or something you felt was left out.

• Combustion Man

Hotman

@coyote01
    Even I was surprised at how little the fire nation had an appearance in this series. Their army should have been every bit as formidable as Kuvira’s.
    -
    As for prince Wu, he gained a few extra leadership points by helping the people, but perhaps not enough to pick up kuvira’s pieces. Even the shift to a democratic political system would take a lot of time and maturity on his part. A couple of animated shorts similar to republic city hustle could wrap that up.

• Zuko

Bender

@airspeed Ohhh thanks! I was completely ignoring the fact that Korra is a incredibly powerful bender herself xD, so I thought the Avatar State should have been powered by past lives. But now I wonder, how strong would she have been if she had connected with her past lives?

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 1
Queries: 198 queries in 0.639 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f