K413 The Last Stand Spoiler Discussion (86 posts)

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

said 2 years, 4 months ago

We are less than 1.5 days away from the finale going online. Here is the thread to discuss episode 13 in.

Please make sure to discuss each episode separately as while they will air together they are still different episodes.

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Zuko

Bender

For a while Nick wasn’t working for me, AND I FIGURE THE PROBLEM OUT ON THE FINALE!!! LUCK FAVORS ME FOR ONCE!! :D (check your cookies if you live in the U.S. and have this problem)

I’m kind of sad the series is over now, like it’s hitting me so hard right now. I was thinking near the end, “are they shipping Korra and Asami????”, and I guess they did. So I guess all the Korrasami believers finally got their wish come true. At first I thought they were gonna make Mako and Korra come together again, but it looks like they wanted to have a change of events. Although I have to admit, my favorite couple is Mako and Korra, and I’m kind of sad they didn’t get together, even though their relationship seems kind of old. I’m also with mixed feelings that they went on a vacation alone because Mako and Bolin were left out :/

I thought the music was awesome throughout, especially at the end. It really had me getting them feels lol. On top of that, it’s making me get that feeling I get when I have to wait next week for a new episode, except there are no more new episodes );

The fighting was insane, and it wasn’t an all out battle. Although I felt that a military battle would be adding to the fun, the concept was nice. It was indeed similar to the drill, but they added stuff that made the episode a good finale. It went from hardcore action all the way to making every fan think.

As for the action, I’m not sure whether Mako’s lightning generation was in episode 12 or episode 13, but it was amazing. The music playing while he was creating the lightning made it seem like he was going to die. I honestly felt scared for Mako because I got the Zuko vibes when he was fighting Azula. The hummingbird suits were amazing, and I think they really are innovational pieces of technology. But the fact that Hiroshi Sato was killed made me feel really bad, because I was starting to like him as a character. When he was saying “almost done,” I had a feeling something was going to happen, but I didn’t think that he was going to get killed like that. And finally, in just episode 13′s fight scenes, what I liked most was how they showed that the Avatar is more powerful than the laser cannon, and I loved how it got destroyed!!!! FINALLY, I got my answer on how they will deal with the weapon! Korra is going to make an awesome Avatar, and that spirit portal that opened up….. too nice.

I loved the new spirit portal. It looks so nice in the middle of the city, and it feels like a whole new change. It’s different from the swamp in that it’s more open, and there’s less trees, but it’s the best thing in Republic City now. It’s giving me the concept of huge change, but a restoring of balance as well. There’s a north portal and a south portal, and now there’s one in the middle, and I think it’s amazing.

Prince Wu man!! At first I thought he was rapping, and I was thinking, “If I met him, he would so be in my squad.” His rhymes were on point, and I love how the badger mole thing did the sneak attack. It was a nice reference to the episode where those singing nomads came with Aang in the Tunnel of Love thing with the huge Labyrinth. So now people, Wu can not only dance, but he can sing, rap, AND dance. Entertainer of the World in the future lol. I liked how he made a mature decision to make a incomplete democracy of the Earth Kingdom, like the United States. (Did they refer to it as the Earth Kingdom again and not the Empire, because if they did, that makes me even more satisfied lol).

Now after the action, the wedding was absolutely perfect. I also loved Varrick’s proposal. I think this episode answered lots of people’s shipping proposals, because the couples were nice. I was hoping Bolin and Mako would get someone at least, but I guess we’ll find out in the comics. Back to the wedding, I love how everyone was dressed up and everything. Personally, I thought Korra and Asami looked really nice. And don’t forget about Zhu-Li. And finally when they press the button together to shoot the fireworks was absolutely perfect. I also love how Bolin arranges the wedding because he wanted to ship them so bad too lol.

I still want to ship Korra and Mako for some reason. Maybe it’s because I saw them first, maybe I’m still attached to them? I have no problem with Korrasami, it’s just I wished Makorra. Wow, first time I kind of wish for some other shipping than what the series provided. It also gave me the feels when they left the spirit portal because I wanted to see more of LoK. I wanted to see an ending for ever character, and I wanted every character to get so much spotlight. I guess what I really wished for was that Nick allowed them to have a 4 episode finale, or even a 3 episode finale, so that some of these things can be addressed. Of course, it’s not necessary, it’s just how LoK attracts all the fans.

As I write this it just keeps hitting me that LoK is over now. Man, I’m going to go to school tomorrow half depressed and half excited. Or I guess I should say today because it’s Friday technically. (I also gave up on hw to watch and write this, and it was worth it). And the thing that’s really bugging me is that the next comic comes 2015!!!!! And it’s an ATLA comic!! I want a Korra comic tooooooo >.<

Wow, this finale got me hooked so badly and I want to watch the ending over and over again. I'm probably gonna rewatch the season finale, then go back to season 1 because I was planning on watching all the good ol' times of Korra. It's what I did with ATLA, and it's probably what I'm going to do with Korra until the comic comes out. The thing was though, the comics came alongside the series, so nothing felt that long except for the wait for Book 2. I almost wished Book 4 came out later because I don't wanna wait this long…. (did I write 2 paragraphs complaining about the release date of the comic??)

Ok well I'm going to post another reply a bit later so that I can clear my thoughts and somewhat calm down my feeling of sadness that the series is over.

• Zuko

Bender

Most I’ll ever write in my lifetime, and that shows how much I love this

• Atry

Master of The Elements

It looks like these 2,5 years of adventure is over, or 4,5 years if you count the initial announcement.

I remember how I felt when I watched ATLA through to the end, that I had experienced something that could only be achieved through animation, and how I finally understood the possibilities of the medium to bring your wildest dreams to life. That is what I value the most with these shows, and TLOK carries on that legacy.

If there are people who were introduced to the Avatar world through this show then maybe they can take away something similar in the end. We’ll see what the future brings to this world, but for now we close the book of yet another legend.

It was good while it lasted, we eased each others boredom for quite a while.

Well Korra, it’s been interesting ;)

• Deleted User

Newcomer

@shinobi if only you were such a jerk over the years I would agree with what you wrote.

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@equalistpower
    No need for that, especially when you said the opposite of what you meant, lol

• Atry

Master of The Elements

• Zuko

Bender

I don’t know if the Korrasami thing has been officially declared as canon or anything, but we might as well assume it’s true anyway. The only thing more I wished was that the ending would’ve been more conclusive. I guess what I mean is more like ATLA ending, where everone gathers to discuss the plans for the future and how they will improve the world. They did do that in Korra, but it was like mentioned at various spots throughout the party. But it was still fine without this so cheers

• LightningSpeed-Zuko

Elite Bender

Wow….that 2 part finale was….PERFECT!!! Lol…I usually do not like finales for 2 reasons:

1. I hate goodbyes…I do not like seeing series/movies I love come to an end :(

2. Finales/endings are the hardest thing to do well..due to the expectations being the highest and trying to close things in a well-balanced fashion.

Jeez..where to start first?? Lol…mmkay; Now opening of Colossus thankfully shows everyone hit with the spirit weapon was ok..injuries here and there but no casualties (yay). This finale had pretty much everything. It was good to see Bataar Jr. ok and realizing what was really important..his family and reconnecting with them…altho that revelation was aided by Kuvira’s cruelty heh. Team Avatar trying to figure out how to topple a platinum giant really had a nice epic teamwork feel..perhaps more than any other episode in all books. Another great redemption moment was Asami’s father being bailed out by Lin to help figure a way to take down the giant..I knew it was coming..was just a question of when :D Was really a great redeeming moment for him but was also good for Asami and the group to help stop Kuvira.

Another great moment was Varrick using a genius and modern-in-our-reality method of taking down mechs en mass: EMP (Electro-Magnetic Pulse) charge/burst..EMPs do actually exist and have been more of mainstay in moreso the military for modern warfare. I was just surprised it was being used in still early times in Legend of Korra’s timeline. Some nice scientific intrigue there also with it not being effective against the giant platinum mech as their powersource was not so much electrical. However, the wasp/bee suits with the platinum cutting devices was also clever. Btw who else liked Meelo also getting in the good idea go-around? Lol..loved him just breaking into a paintshop to try and slow down Kuvira’s giant mech..was a good idea..but OF COURSE Kuvira also just happened to have giant windshield wipers and water to just wash it off : lol.

Once they got inside..it was a nice divide and conquer..really reminds me of the The Last Airbender episode, The Drill..where the “Gaang” had to face a really tough technological obstacle..and had to take it out from the inside. Disabling the weapon loading mechanism, Korra taking on Kuvira to least distract her..and Mako and Bolin stopping the spirit vine powersource..and Mako havin to risk his life to do it and make it blow up..I was REALLY worried he would have to sacrifice himself entirely :o..Glad Bolin got him out of there…then the spirit vine ball goin BOOM..and watchin that giant mech get blown apart was satisfying lol. Now the Korra vs Kuvira fight was really well done..altho did not last as long as I thought it would. Then Kuvira retreating to spirit vine forest and encountering the detached spirit gun there and invoking it via the vines DIRECTLY was kinda shocking..was surprised she was able to do that..however as she later finds out..that source could not be turned off once it got goin..nearly destroyed the whole city in the process :o..but then it creating SO much energy that it opened up a spirit portal again..and that single beam shooting up in the air brought back nostalgic memories of The Last Airbender didn’t it??!? lol..I got a tug at my heart there…

Aang: ..Well what do you think we should do??
    Zuko: …Think about our place in the universe?
  • LightningSpeed-Zuko

Elite Bender

…and seeing Kuvira nearly get taken out by her own weapon..but Korra SAVING her was a real defining moment…that was very Aang of her lol..to not want to destroy her enemy but save them from themselves. It’s strange tho…part of me wanted to see Kuvira get killed..ya know because of all the terrible things she did…but another part was glad Korra saved her and that Kuvira could maybe start seeing error of her ways. Then we see the heartfelt moment of Kuvira expressing her past pain of being an orphan and then kinda feel sympathetic for her..and it was actually understandable & made sense. Korra also pointing out the parallels of how they were alike helped Kuvira awaken and stop her madness. When Kuvira emerged with Korra back from the spirit world..she was a different person..blink of an eye nearly lol. Of course, she will still be punished..but it’s good it was a happy moment rather than her having to be taken by force.

Now another moment some of us were waiting for was Varrick finally expressing his feelings for Ju Lee!! Lol..him proposing was a great moment..good timing too as he did not know whether he and Ju Lee would live thru the battle. Also the way he put it was great “Ju Lee…will you do the “thing” for rest of our lives?” LOL..that was awesome. :) For them to close the series with Varrick and Ju Lee’s wedding was really the perfect way to do it, imo..and with BOLIN marrying them lol (Varricks vows were also a good LOL moment).

Now..there is really only one true issue I had with the finale:

It was the Korra and Asami moment at the end…now…if writers really did go in the direction of them being lesbians just like that..I have no problem with that aspect..however…I DO have a problem with how VAGUE it was lol..there was never any true clear statement or expression that proved whether that’s what it was…I mean I got mostly a friend vibe from them..just 2 good friends expressing what they went thru like the other characters..but then how they looked at eachother and held hands as only the TWO of them went to sight-see in the spirit world together..THAT is what kinda threw me off lol. Again..to be clear I have no problem with the lesbian possibility..whatever floats your boat, I say lol..but they kinda left us hanging as to whether that’s what it was…or not : Ugh so vague! >_< Lol I'm just curious..what did everyone else think about that? If the lesbian route is one they took..would be kind of shocking considering it's still a Nick-birthed show lol..a lot of kids would still be watching it, I imagine.

• LightningSpeed-Zuko

Elite Bender

@swagshag Yea the Korrasami thing was talked about in depth earlier too but..as far as the writers INTENTIONS…would have to hear it directly from them lol…otherwise it’s mostly just guessing/speculation. There was no CLEAR proof beyond a reasonable doubt that they were romantically together..and I only doubt it simply because how sudden it would be..usually romantic bonds have some turning point to make them that way..mostly a kiss or something..which never happened between Korra and Asami..just some dialogue that could be interpreted one way or another…THUS..we are left hanging as to whether they were together as close friends or romantic partners lol..we may never know unless we hear it from creators themselves.

• stefan

Hotman

What The Earth Kingdom will be called after Wu decided to end the monarchy?

Korrasami can be also interpreted as Korra showing Asami compassion after what happened to her given the context. Bryke wanted this to happen and they knew how the fans would react. Some staff who worked on the finale said originally Asami and Korra didn’t hold hands or something like that.Perhaps the DVD commentary is going to address that. High DVD sales are not a surprise.The Red Lotus is about freedom, so the leader supports Korrasami and could stumble upon them during their vacation. Meanwhile, Korra intrdouced Asami to Iroh and had some dessert and tea. :)

• AncientAvatar

Hotman

I just finished watching the last 2 episodes. Still soaking it in but the Korrasami at the end I found a let down. I liked how in the very beginning of Book 3 they were friends and not holding grudges over the whole Mako thing. I felt they were getting close because they were both only children and Korra said she never had a female friend except for Naga. For a moment I thought Mako and Korra were getting back together at the end of the episode.

Everyone needed a vacation and Team Avatar going would have been a nice ending but only both of them going to the spirit world, holding hands while staring into each others eyes was unexpected, it was a wtf moment lol. Blindsided

I should have seen this coming when Korra cut her hair and Asami liked it.LOL

The episode itself was fantastic and I’m only focusing on the last minute or 2 anyway.
    Want to watch it all over again.

• Hyriu 85

Master of The Elements

Well after a full day of digesting the finale, I am ready to give my thoughts.

I loved it. I have a few minor problems here and there and I can see where others had problems with some things, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

I’m trying to take up as much space as possible so I don’t spoil anyone on the activity wall. Well as far as the action goes, it was fantastic. The whole sequence of everyone fighting the giant mecha was awesome. It was well thought out and looked great. Then once they got into the suit, I liked the different jobs everyone had to do. The sisters taking out the spirit weapon was great. I also loved how the faceless sliders were still very good fighters and not just generic storm troopers. It showed how much of a threat the army was. Korra vs. Kuvira was great. I liked how it was closed in and they were fairly equal.

Now for the emotional stuff. It was really tense with everyone fighting the giant mecha. There were some close calls that really got me. Bolin screaming ‘Opal’ was awful. Then Mako sacrificing himself was just so fje hd hf jd jdk. I really thought he was going down, and I thought it made sense for him to die. Though I am glad he made it out. Kuvira explaining her reasoning for being a tyrant was very emotional and I thought made sense. Hiroshi saving Asami but sacrificing himself was sad but worked.

I loved the fact the Varrick and Zhu Li get together, and in the best way. Everything that happened between them put a smile on my face. And of course, now for the end. I was a bit caught off guard by quite pleased with the route. I think it heavily hints if not shoving it in our faces that Korra and Asami are a couple. And I love that. I am not and have never been much of a shipper. If the relationship works then I’m happy. But the end with them was just great. I love the fact that t hey did it in a nick show too. Of all children shows on all networks it was korra on nick and that makes me very happy.

And the animation was perfect. I love the shot of korra standing away from the party and we see the portal. There is just something about the green portal in the city that is utterly stunning.

I have noticed that a lot of people dislike the ending either because of the implied relationship between korra and Asami or because it was too. Vauge and open ended. Personally, that is one of the reasons of why I like it so much. For korra and Asami, I think they pushed it as much as they could but of course left it open enough for those few people want mako and korra or korra just to be single. I think it is quite obvious that they are gay or at least bisexual. Then with the open ending of them going off into the portal was nice. With avatar, it had a nice closed ending. Telling us that while their lives would go on, the story was over (until the comics). For korra, I liked how it wasn’t all summed up with a neat bow. With korra we really see that there is alway a new adventure to be had. Avatar just had the one great story and ending. But korra shows that when one story ends, a new one begins. I like that concept a lot. Them going into the portal to me shows that now that we handled this, let’s go on a new adventure. And that is a great place to pick up in the comics, should we get some korra comics. When first announced that we were getting new avatar comics, I felt it was kind of strange since just about everything had been wrapped up, but then I thought ‘well I guess there is more to be told.’ With korra it shows that yes there is more to be told and the comics seems like a perfect way to do that. Well I’ll stop now before I ramble on any more.

Please check out my fan fiction under the thread called ‘Avatar The Legend of Anzen Hyriu’
  • YangChen

Fire Lord

Still was hoping for korra to regain connection with her past lives, and sooso sad korra is over. Plus I wish the whole krew had gone together and not just split it kind of made me sad oh well

Keep Calm and Carry a Wand

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 1
Queries: 223 queries in 0.709 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f