K409 Beyond The Wilds Spoiler Discussion (25 posts)

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

said 2 years, 6 months ago

Episode airs tomorrow.

Summary seems to be that spirit vines are attacking people and Korra steps in to find out why.

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

Really good episode. Some great continuity, character moments and some plot progression.
    Korra had some pretty great development in this episode.

• ThePreciseClimber

Hotman

Oh, so Varrick is gonna work with Asami, not Hiroshi? Okay…
    Though though their interaction here was so good it should’ve been how their first conversation in Book 3 went. :P
    The Zaheer deal (how an imprisoned villain helps the hero) reminds me of some other story but I can’t put my finger on it..
    EDIT: Okay, what I was thinking of was Alexander Paine from A.T.O.M. where he did help the hero ‘somewhat’ by telling him everything he knows about the later, bigger villains but but he mostly needed protection as one of them wanted to kill him.

I do have to say I like Varrick’s new look. I missed his light-blue coat from Book 2.
    I wonder if the Evil Avatar State Korra has been dealt with thanks to reconnecting to Raava or is she a separate problem. That would mean Korra had 3 different issues – mercury, connection to Raava and whatever that vision was. Whoa. :D
    Izumi is somewhat disappointing.

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@thepreciseclimber
    Character development, her previous experiences with Varrick have thought her a lot, open up with an arm lock and Varrick is fine ;)

• Water-Tribe Heart

Fire Lord

And this episode was incredible and i was impressed. Everything about Zaheer and Korra was golden. and why dont you agree with what the fire lord said? I think her point was completely valid.. And then when Raiko changed his mind to a defensive one, She agreed to give her support.

what did you all think?

• Atry

Master of The Elements

@katarasmommy
    That’s just how it works. If a character doesn’t want to go on the offensive then fans will immediately complain about it. Not because they find it immoral, but because it doesn’t offer them a power-fantasy. It gets especially intense when it’s a character they might expect to go on the offensive:

If Tenzin says that he doesn’t want to go on the offensive nobody panics, because that’s “part of the plan”. But if the “badass” Fire Lord says the same thing, then everyone loses their minds!

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@katarasmommy
    I don’t think I have seen enough of Izumi yet to fully form an opinion on her. Right now all we have is that she is somewhat formal and her view on war, I hope we get to see her talk outside of these world leader meetings and get to see more of who she is as a person.

As for her decisions. I suppose with the politics in general in Korra, inaction on their part has been a big thing, especially for Raiko. So it was a pleasant surprise to see him actually wanting to act on what has happened, passing the inactive torch to Izumi.
    We will have to see what exactly Kuvira is planning to fully decided if her decision was correct or not.

If Kuvira is going to flat out make her spirit weapon and fire it at United Republic or the Fire Nation, being defensive is not going to work against those spirit lazers, while attacking her before her weapon is ready could prevent a lot of destruction.

• Water-Tribe Heart

Fire Lord

@airspeed yes i agree, maybe i am i bit biased because this character is someone that ive been wanting to see for a long time.

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@katarasmommy
    Same with me, I just hope we get more with her after all of the build up, we have known of her since before the series started, she is arguably the most hyped character so far.

• LightningSpeed-Zuko

Elite Bender

Great episode that gets the ball rolling again as far as plot progression. The vines attacking people makes sense as it is reacting against Kuvira violating the vines and spirit connection on a broader scale. This episode was mainly for Korra’s progression back to being whole. I think it’s neat that she had to confront Zaheer not just for herself..but to help others again. It also shows Zaheer as being a complicated villain and not a black and white villain like say Amon. It may even hint at Zaheer redeeming himself..altho may be, moreorless farfetched..but we may see in the future.

Bolin reuniting with team Avatar was also what we were all expecting and GREAT to see :D I always love how soppy Bolin gets and how he sort of makes it comedic as well lol. I think Opal will definitely forgive him eventually..I mean it was not even really Bolin’s fault about Kuvira’s invasion and the taking of Opal’s family…I mean Kuvira would have done that anyways regardless of whether he was part of Kuvira’s army or not. Also note that Asami in previous episodes was slowly but surely reuniting with her locked up father and possibly forgive him..her father was also BIG part of tech industry and I can see her and Varrick possibly seeking his help as well? Would be interesting..but Varrick and Asami will make a good polar opposite comedic duo I think :P Asami naturally has a problem trusting him now due to past offenses but ultimately I believe Varrick is moreso a character of good.

Personally, I was hoping we would see more of Kuvira and her army in the swamp..mainly Toph pickin up the disturbances of the mother swamp tree and sayin “Hey! Dis is MY HOUSE!! >_<" Lol..and seeing them go at it..but looks like there will be more buildup to that.

Aang: ..Well what do you think we should do??
    Zuko: …Think about our place in the universe?
  • YangChen

Fire Lord

Loved everything about this episode from the character developement to my favorite theme music playing. I want to see how asami and varricks relationship develops and if she ever forgives him and her dad completely. And I think now that korra is whole she may be able to reconnect with her past lives. Please bryke?

Keep Calm and Carry a Wand
  • LightningSpeed-Zuko

Elite Bender

@starflash1000200 The way this episode played out..left a lot of room for more branching..and Korra re-connecting to her past lives I believe will be one of those branchoffs. Also more room for character development..mainly for Firelord Izumi and personally would LOVE to see more of Zuko :D….I still cannot believe he is still alive lol..he went thru more than the other characters moreso…other than maybe Aang..Aang seemed to die bit too young, in my opinion and don’t think there was any say on whether Aang died “naturally” or more pressing causes :(

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@coyote01
    Mike and Bryan confirmed before Korra began that the reason Aang died younger than expected is because of the strain keeping himself and Appa alive in ice in the Avatar State for 100 years had on him. They didn’t say how he specifically died, I assume it was just a natural death.

• LightningSpeed-Zuko

Elite Bender

@airspeed RIght..that would fall under Aang going thru bit more category

• Troy

Master of The Elements

Izumi is voiced by April Stewart!

I thought it was a good episode, I loved the Korra Zaheer stuff. The vines just needed to state why they were attacking despite us knowing it was because of the swamp. Bolin and Opal part I adored.

My problem is we have four episodes yet and stuff needs to happen. This entire episode reminded me of Endgame how I kept checking my watch to see how much episode was left. I think I will be doing that for all the remaining episodes. I feel like there is much to cover with Varrick, Zhu Li, Bei Fong reunion, Bataar Junior character explanation, Bomako parents stuff, Asami parents stuff with Hiroshi, Is Wu good or bad, who is Izumi, will we see the Fire Nation, and enough time for Korra to Kuvira justice. Wow, that was alot.

I am a Troy, here is my tumblr (http://trojan-avataro.tumblr.com/) here is my Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz7liif7aWFMxJgYFpsptQ) tip me over and here my age: 17.

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 1
Queries: 208 queries in 0.655 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f