Episode 1/ Welcome To Republic City spoiler discussion (164 posts)

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

said 5 years, 6 months ago

@atreides
    Don’t worry, I assume by the time we have episodes actually coming out the site will have been updated with the ability to use spoiler tags, so that way you have to break the tags on purpose to view the info.
    As for more recent with the comics, I have that planned out as I know people will be getting the book at different times.

As for content, I have said this a few times, but I am loving Korra’s character. She is so eager to learn Airbending, little does she know that it is probably the most spiritual element.

And your picture has me scared of ever going on DeviantArt.

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Kelly

Master of The Elements

So guys now that most of us here have seen the opening, pictures and clip we can start discussing stuff!! (Korra): woo hoo!!!
    First let me say that I agree with everyone when nick should have handled this better. Hopefully they’ll realize from there mistake from these leaks, and make something official come out to keep us occupied instead of illegaly ripping things off. It’s like this
    We are a pack of dogs waiting for our dinner, and they don’t give it to us directly. Eventually we steal of the table! Lol I know weird metaphor

So on to the discussing!

Opening;
    Love it :) I love how all the avatars are in it from kyoshi, Roku, AANG, and korra! Especially aang he was like szuko with that airbending breakdancing :)
    Love how tenzin is the narrator :) and how they use the camera when they show the united republic and its capital republic city! Unfortunatly now we know how the promise will end kinda…
    Writing was great and the music when its over the ocean. I got chills seeing the title in the sky! I also Love how its called book 1 air, as a reference to what people wanted!
    The only complaint I have was the lack of action other than the begining u just get explenations

Clip/photos

Korra’s personality so far is pretty cool! Just like mike and bryan said. Peppy, spunky, and an awesome fighter, yet at the same time she needs to learn a lot! I think I see a great journey ahead for her, considering she doesn’t get the spiritual responsibility of being the avatar. Lots of character development!
    Also what’s funny is I predicted her situation I thought she would know more than waterbending as a child and u can see her earth bend as a 6 year old in the 4th pic of the video!

When it comes to the original team avatar I’m a bit sceptical. I mean katara is the ONLY one alive!! She wasnt the youngest u know. I understand aang dying because of the 100 year iceburg thing, but the others? Especially toph, she is the youngest and was an earthbender. King bumi anyone? Ah well I shouldn’t complain at least someone’s alive, and this way we can get info about the gaangs past. This must be the connection to the 2 shows that mike and bryan were talking about!

I noticed that three of the men were part of the white lotus. They seemed like korra’s supervisors. It reminds me of lee and Lo for azula. I don’t know I’m just glad the white lotus may be explored more in the series. Also why was katara there when it was a firebending match. Does this mean my other prediction was correct? That katara is korra’s waterbending teacher?? Yay! Wow she taught the avatar twice!

When it comes to aang and kataras decendants, I love it :)
    - tenzin looks like a loving father and husband. Same with Pema.
    - jinora looks shy and detached, what a difference from normal airbending personality! This makes me curious mmmm..
    - ikki looks adorable and just like a young version of… Um actually I just feel like she reminds me of someone from her look. Help anyone?
    - when did dill get into avatar?! Lol I’m kidding love the detail and how it shows not every 2 year old looks the same!

So here’s a good ending question. Why do you think the police is after korra? Even tophs daughter!

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@gemini530
    I think based on what we see of the clips that episode one effectively goes like this

Intro specific to Episode 1, open up with the 3 OWL members heading to the SWT after being sent there to make sure this girl truly is the Avatar. We have the scenes of 5 year old Korra and we see her bend all 4 elements a small bit to test her. The men explain what is going to happen to her parents and they having heard the tales of Avatar Aang, husband of the legendary Master Katara from their own tribe are honoured and a bit sad that most likely they will not see her as much if she was not the Avatar.
    We get back to the present with the firebending scene that we have seen, and before she leaves for Republic City she returns to the SWT to say goodbye to her family as she will be away learning air. Then we would get into the SDCC trailer stuff, she enters the city and see the Aang statue and realises all that she has to live up to, is shocked by what she sees in this modern city, discovers the crime and attempts to stop it, her trying to help is actually disturbing the peace so she is chased while chasing criminals, and is eventually captured and brought before Chief Bei Fong.
    We cut to Katara meeting up with her son, daughter in law and grandchildren, they wonder why Korra has not arrived and then cuts back to Bei Fong questioning Korra, when Korra reveals she is the Avatar, her knowing her mothers relationship with the previous Avatar brings Korra to Tenzin.
    The episode ends with Korra meeting Tenzin.

This is my guess, I know it goes against what the person with the episode said, but I do not see why she would run away based on what we see, any thoughts ?

• Deleted User

Newcomer

SPOILER WARNING:

I sure hope that the shippers don’t get any *ehum* twisted ideas once word gets out that (you-know-which-original-character) is still alive.

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@atreides
    How can they, the meeting with her son, Daughter-in law and grandkids surely negates any possibility of such ships. I hope so , how could such a sweet scene be ruined by weird ships.
    Her hugging a struggling Meelo was awesome.

Also did anyone notice Meelo was biting Tenzin’s head ?

• Deleted User

Newcomer

@airspeed
    I was talking about Korra being Aang’s reincarnation.

And I did so because, well … it’s kind of already happened.

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@atreides
    I am confused as your post made no mention of Korra, I thought you meant Katara.
    Do you mean some weird Korra Katara ship because of Aang and Korra both being Avatars ?
    I would never think about it that way, I think the more interesting thing is what Katara and Tenzin’s relationship is like with Korra, will they treat her differently because of her connection to Aang.

Already happened, What ? Your posts are quite mysterious, lol

• Kelly

Master of The Elements

@atreides
    -Its ok arty you can say what you mean, this is the SPOILER discussion, so anyone who wishes not to be spoiler will be smart enough to not click this. I say this because i am a bit confused of your posts as well

@airspeed
    - Your plot accusation is very believable! Would you believe i was stupid enough to not realize that the three OWL (love that acronim) Were the one’s in the blizzard?
    -Yes I did notice Meelo biting Tenzin’s head :)
    - The person who posted the leak did seem to have some mistakes, Thinking that the show only has 12 epsiodes. maybe he/she made some stuff but who knows. I actually dont doubt her runing away accusation, but i only say this cuz we havent seen the whole episode yet

- Ok Ikki SERIOUSLY reminds me of someone. Im not sure if its avatar or not but im sure she reminds me of a cartoon character. I know im like the only one who sees this but what do u guys think?
    - what are your guys opinions on Katara being the only one alive? to me it doesnt make sense, not that im complaining. Other than aang and zuko ( firelord stress idk), I can only imagine something had to happen to them :( Ok I highly doubt that since That would bring fans to an uproar!!

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@gemini530
    I am really thinking that what Andrea Romano said about all the ATLA characters being dead by Korra may be a bit of misinformation.
    It could just be that Katara as a healer can almost keep herself alive longer, she would never get any niggly illnesses that maybe the others got when they were older.
    Aang is explained, The rest I assume may just be due to the incredible journey in ATLA just shortened their lives, constant training, travelling, fighting. Not to mention we don’t know about what happened in the Promise and stuff.

I like that it is Katara who is alive, the way she narrated ATLA and really it is like Katara was telling the Story of ATLA to her kids/grankids. The connection between her and Korra both coming from the Southern Water Tribe and teh Avatar being Katara’s source of Hope, her seeing the Avatar cycle in action. I think out of all the main characters it had to be Katara who was alive.

I definitely see some other character in Ikki, a bit of Ty Lee even a bit of Korra, but as you say a non avatar character too. I cannot wait to see the family dynamic, Ikki seems very confident and bubbly while Jinora seems to be more shy and reserved, Meelo seems just crazy, lol

• Deleted User

Newcomer

• Deleted User

Newcomer

@atreides Okay, that was disturbing.

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@atreides
    That is not too bad, I am not sure if the person was just going for humor but they either on purpose or if they just didn’t realise that each Avatar is there own person each only related by the fact that they are connected to the Avatar Spirit.
    Hence why Korra saying she is not Aang any more is weird.
    Though I am probably overanalysing a weird shipping art.

• Deleted User

Newcomer

@airspeed
    Never mind then, I was hoping for a stronger reaction, looks like I fail :(

• Kelly

Master of The Elements

no no you didnt fail, the idea was super wierd and disturbing Arty

I can just look past it because nothing actually happens, and the fact that you can expect ANY shipping in almost every photo
    Who knows what’ll come next??

Ok but lets change back to the spoilet discussion :)

• Destiny of Awe

Bender

said 5 years, 5 months ago

@atreides No offense, dude, but What the…?

Avatar: The Last Airbender; The greatest show in the world.

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 1
Queries: 241 queries in 0.676 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f