New Details on A:TLK – Post News and Information Here (617 posts)

Topic tags: bryan, korra, michael, new
  • Deleted User

Newcomer

said 6 years, 10 months ago

UGO.com had a chance to catch up with the creators, Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko at the Nickelodeon booth on the Comic-Con floor to get new details on The Legend of Korra.

Here’s what they found out:

- As mentioned , the cabbage merchant will not appear, but “his legacy will be present in some form.”
    - As an evolution of the first series, The Legend of Korra will have more sophistication to it, but still keep the humor, fun hybrid animals, and action.
    - It won’t cover more mature subject material necessarily, just different mature subjects. “It won’t be another war, but a different sort of conflict.”
    - On whether or not we’d see a love interest for Korra: “We love that stuff. We’re total cornballs, we love cheesy teen romance. Rest assured, there’s plenty or romance happening in the story, but it’s the same balance of ingredients that we like.”
    - Katara IS in fact the mother of Aang’s offspring, who will be central to the show. “We didn’t mean for it to be a big super-secret, that they end up together.”
    - On the persecution of Airbenders being compared to the X-Men registration act: “We’ll see something like that, but in sort of a different structure.”
    - Will it be a very different world from where we left off? “Yes and no, the world has definitely changed, and evolved, and advanced, but we’re very conscious of keeping the same feeling. Not totally different, but it’s definitely generations later.”
    - “There will definitely only be one Avatar at a time, and it is Korra.”
    - So will Aang have any kind of presence? “Yes…in his way.”
    - DiMartino and Konietzko will continue to work with Joaquim Dos Santos and Ryuki Hung, working to improve the design and animation.
    - The Legend of Korra will in fact be a mini-series, with Michael and Bryan directly writing each episode.
    - “As a mini-series, it’s going to be really tight. While we really love the filler episodes, those are some of our favorites, this thing is just lean and mean. It’s a really cool driving story.”

• The Cabbage Merchant

Newcomer

Well watching Ranma 1/2 for the first time, I can definitely say amen to the no-filler saga of LoK. While I did enjoy a large number of the filler episodes in LoAang, a more driven plot sounds nice, too.

As to the Cabbage Merchant? To paraphrase a great man… “Avatars get remembered, but Cabbages never die…” or something like that…

• Dóri

Newcomer

Ah, i’ve already fallen in love with ATLK! I want more details! And pictures!

Sokka: Take the wheel!
    Toph: That’s a great idea! Let the blind girl steer the giant airship!
    Sokka: I was talking to Suki…
  • Admin / Jordash

Administrator

Wang Fire

Good info, I just got word of some other cool things too, i’ll get a post up soon.

Thanks

Hey stomach, be quiet alright! I’m trying to find us some food. – Sokka
  • Opaul

Newcomer

XD Tenzin our wonderful little cloud baby.

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

said 6 years, 9 months ago

http://fierymonk.deviantart.com/journal/33888908/

Didnt see this posted any where,it confirms.

-Sifu Kisu is working on Korra
    -No Giancarlo Volpe
    -JM animation is back

Also maybe this thread should be made into the Korra new thread where we post new news,it gets confusing looking for info in loads of different threads.

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Admin / Jordash

Administrator

Wang Fire

@airspeed Yeah I changed the title of the post to be more intuitive.

That’s some good news, I was wondering if Sifo Kisu was going to be coming back.

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@admin
    You should probably delete the thread i posted below this,Sorry

• Deleted User

Newcomer

@opaul Oh, it pains me when you say that. *shivers*

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

http://ibgraham.deviantart.com/journal/34102742/

not huge information but storyboard artist Ian Graham who worked on ATLA will be back for korra,he said on August 7th he would be starting in 2weeks.

So someone who knows something about production stages may know how far along they are.

• Deleted User

Newcomer

when is the A:LOK coming out, i hear it was november, this coming november or november of 2011?

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@airfirebender4
    November is a rumor,But it is confirmed for Fall 2011 so about a year from now.

• Opaul

Newcomer

yep Fall 2011 is all that’s been confirmed. I did some math once, involving how long it takes to make and episode and episode number and it came out to be about November by the time they’re finished making them. But sadly Nov. is only a rumor.

• Deleted User

Newcomer

Where has fall been confirmed?

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@christopher

http://dongbufeng.net/site1/content/view/1136/188//#t1

at comic con a fan talked to mike and bryan,they said fall 2011,it also confirms How Aang dies will be shown.

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 1
Queries: 238 queries in 0.651 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f