The Girl who plays with Fire (in progress) (+13) Chapter 1 (21 posts)

• Nick-Nat

Elite Bender

said 3 years, 3 months ago

Well, after changing my topic over 50 million times, I have finally found the story that could possibly be my passion. This makes me like I’ve accomplished….NOTHING in life but hey, I got bored and needed something to entertain me. I’m just kidding (not really) I wanted to make this story for people who like action, drama, adventure and even *drum roll* the destruction of feels. I’m glad you decided to read my story so welcome to “The Girl who plays with Fire”. I hope you find an adventure in this……and the destruction of feels.

This whole story is about the past of one fire bender name Piper. Her past is terribly gruesome and violent. She travels the world to find her lost brother who was suppose to be dead. But everything takes twists and turns when she finds out a dark secret of her step father and the friends she makes along the way.

Chapters:
    Prologue: The Tea Shop — page 1
    Chapter One: Caleb — page 2
    Chapter Two: Encountering an old friend — page 2

Why be a salad when you can be the best broccoli ever.
  • Hyriu 85

Master of The Elements

You have gotten my attention :D

Please check out my fan fiction under the thread called ‘Avatar The Legend of Anzen Hyriu’
  • Karis

Elite Bender

I’m listening…

“Leaves from the vine. falling so slow, like fragile, tiny shells drifting in the foam.
    Little soldier boy, come marching home. Brave soldier boy comes marching home.”
  • Nick-Nat

Elite Bender

This WAS where the prologue used to be but I’m rewriting that too. STILL very sorry for EVERYTHING but I couldn’t think of a way to rewrite it without doing something new. Prologue is in progress and I hope you guys like it.

• Hyriu 85

Master of The Elements

A very nice start :D

• Nick-Nat

Elite Bender

Sorry it’s taking so long to post the first chapter but I’m still working on it. By the way, don’t judge me if it’s SUPER long but I’m trying to make each chapter at least eight pages on google drive. If you don’t like it then YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!! (Korra reference)

• Hyriu 85

Master of The Elements

@grumpynat it is fine in the early stages of my story there would be breaks of 3 weeks or even almost 3 months and most of my chapters range from 8-15 pages haha though one is 24 lol

• YangChen

Fire Lord

said 3 years, 2 months ago

I love it! What do you mean, don’t judge? youre doing a great job!! Better than me, I’m writing one about Ava :) but I haven’t posted it because it’s not very good

Keep Calm and Carry a Wand
  • Nick-Nat

Elite Bender

said 3 years, 1 month ago

So I noticed that 8 pages on something else is WAY longer on another. I’m going to rewrite the first chapter. Sorry for this. I bet no one is even gonna read this but…….

• YangChen

Fire Lord

That’s a good idea, I look forward to it

• Nick-Nat

Elite Bender

Well, here’s that rewrite I promised. I’m kind of glad with my story’s set-up. It makes me feel like I’ve accomplished….well NOTHING. There’ some characters that’ll be familiar to most people that I know. *wink wink*

Prologue
    The Tea Shop

~I’m not one of those people you’d most likely be acquainted with. I regret many things that I’ve done in the past but I think this is the NUMBER ONE thing yet. Yes, this little story about me, is going to be my most regrettable decision yet. But I’ve already begun so I guess I shall begin at the tea shop…

I made my entrance very clear while swinging the door open. Everyone stared at me as I brought the cowl below my chin; exposing the very gruesome scar over my left eye. My dual swords klinked behind me as I walk up to the counter, slamming down a silver piece.

“One Jing Se tea please.” I said, leaning against the counter. The girl there looked at me as though I would rob her but I ignored her pitiful glares as she begun to prepare the tea. I could see out of the corner of my eyes that a few people in particular were staring at me but I ignored them and took the tea to a table in the corner; the shadows.

“Yukiru!” I yelled. The pesky little fire ferret finally ran through the doors, bounding off of people’s heads, causing one’s tea to spill on him, and finally landing my lap. I propped my feet atop of the table and sipped the tea quietly as everyone began to talk again.

One person in particular had caught my eye. It was a snow white haired girl with blood red eyes. She had gotten up and the whole building began to shake. Candles flickered, people screamed, and glass fell to the floor, shattering into a million pieces. I sat still while everyone ran out of the building, including the girl.

I ran outside, throwing off Yukiru in the process, and slipped the cowl over my face. The spirit had finally revealed itself when I turned around facing the, now destroyed, tea shop. I ran faster towards the girl, who now had a bow, and slightly jumped, repositioning my body towards the spirit. That’s when I began to send streams of fire into it, a painful roar escaping from its mouth every hit. When I had finally stopped and landed on the ground, the girl was in the clutches of the spirit.

That’s when I saw her. She was running on the rooftops, punching the air. It almost looked as though she was airbending. I could see the light streams of air blasting into the spirit’s side. It roared with pain at every hit.

“So,” I whispered, “Avatar Aang isn’t the last airbender in the world.” A smile formed. “How unusual.”

I quickly unsheathed my dual swords and ran along the rooftops. My white cloak flowed behind me as I jumped on top of the spirit, wrestling it. Flashes of fire was seen and roars of pain escaped from its mouth. Eventually, it threw me off of its back and into a nearby house.

When I had awoken, my side was killing me. I clutched it tightly and noticed that two waterbenders were bending golden streams of water around the spirit. The airbender girl had the nerves to talk me but ignored her and began to warn the others that the spirit was stronger than they thought it was. That’s when it broke out of the water, heading towards the palace walls.

I jumped onto the nearest building and glanced back at the others. “I’m going after him.” I said. “You might wanna come too.”

~So blah blah blah. Yadda yadda yadda, we defeated the spirit. It only tore down a little bit of the wall, but that didn’t matter. THEN, the show off girl with white hair had to be all spiritual and stuff and released the spirit of its darkness. I eventually learned her name, Karis, and the other three people she was with. A firebender who was probably around fifteen or sixteen was probably the only one there who I actually liked, since his element was fire and he could be destructive like me. His name was Travis. The airbender girl, who I was still like trying to figure out, was around seventeen. Her name was Ava; adorable, by the way. And the last person was a male waterbender. Now this was the one I was having trouble with. I couldn’t figure out ANYTHING about him. He looked about fourteen, but I’m really bad at guessing ages, anyways.
    His presence was somewhat, unusual. I could sense there was something, supposedly, important about this guy but I couldn’t figure it out. Oh yeah, his name’s Hyriu.

The next day, we met up at the tea shop, which was now in pieces. I could tell that the people there didn’t mind a giant hole in the ceiling; which was caused by, yours truly. Ava, Travis, and I were waiting for the other two to show up. Apparently, we were planning to go through the Patola mountains to find some guy (I don’t know. I wasn’t paying attention again.) who had been planning to kill Fire Lord Zuko. It was dead silence and the only sound had escaped from my saber-tooth moose lion, Bixby, who snorted loudly. I wanted to strike up a conversation with these two but nothing ever came out, so I just stayed on Bixby’s back, hoping that something would happen.

That’s when Travis asked Ava, “So, this had been nagging me intently ever since we met. If Avatar Aang was, supposedly, the last airbender; then why are you here? I thought the Fire Nation did a complete genocide thing and wiped them out.”

She sighed loudly and began her story. I was listening to it, but never paid attention. My stomach growled the entire time and I was dying. In the middle of the story, I did notice that Hyriu and Karis had finally showed up.

“Well,” Hyriu began, “I’m ready if anyone else is.”

I sat up straight and yelled, “Finally, we’re getting somewhere! I’ve been waiting for an adventure.” I jumped off of Bixby and walked towards the group, resting an elbow on Karis’s shoulder. I could tell by their facial features and bodies that I was probably the youngest in the group. “Can we just go to these mountains now? I’m hungry for an adventure.” A low grumble bellowed from my stomach. “And apparently food.”

So we entered the tea shop and sat at a table in the corner. I plopped my feet on the table and rested my hands behind my head. Dirt escaped from my black, clunky boots. I began to drool at a plate full of dumplings was being served to another table. But my thoughts of food drifted away as I caught the eye of a familiar looking person across the room, his hood over his face.

“So, topic starter; what brings everyone here to Ba Sing Se?” Karis asked.

I ignored Karis’s question completely and only focused on eating the dumplings I had ordered. The man pulled down his hood, revealing a pair of turquoise eyes. He smiled at me in a way that seemed too familiar for me to stand. That’s when I had enough of wondering. I set down the chopsticks and wandered over to his table, despite all the cautious whispers of the group.

I slammed my hand down on the table, causing it to echo throughout the whole room. Everyone stared dead at us.

“Now, Piper, why would you go and do something like that?” he asked. He slightly grinned and leaned back in his chair.

I grabbed the collar of his tattered and worn shirt. Whispers formed behind us, but I didn’t care.

“Whoa, Piper.” He had his hands up in defense. “I know that you’ve been very…defensive for almost all your life, but do you really have to beat up your own brother?”

~Now this is the part where I hug him and cry into his shoulders, but I didn’t want you guys to know that specifically. He’s a tall, slender thing with blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. He took after our mother, whom you’ll learn about later. His name is Caleb, by the way.

I wanted to ask why he didn’t explain for his disappearance or mistaken “death”. I turned around to see if the others were paying any attention but once I saw that they were talking to each other, I turned back to face Caleb.

But he was gone.

I looked around frantically but never did find him. So, I decided to go sit back down. I leaned the chair back and slipped the cowl over my face. I noticed everyone was staring at me, waiting for me to answer the question on why I was in Ba Sing Se in the first place.

I took a deep breath and began my tragedy…

• Hyriu 85

Master of The Elements

Hmmm interesting, will this be exactly like the role play?

• YangChen

Fire Lord

Ooh I like it :)

• Nick-Nat

Elite Bender

@hyriu85 Not exactly. But even though I haven’t written out a lot of the story, I’ve gotten the set-up. The first book, this one, will be her past and somewhere around the last few chapters will be where we met. And then the second book will be the roleplay….most likely just changed up a little bit.
    But enough “spoilers”. I’ve said too much.

• Nick-Nat

Elite Bender

@starflash1000200 I’m really glad some people are reading and that you like it.

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 9
Queries: 199 queries in 0.642 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f