Fan Fiction Topic Guidelines: (28 posts)

• LightningSpeed-Zuko

Elite Bender

said 5 years, 10 months ago

OFFICIAL MODERATOR NOTICE:

Hi all. This topic is to clarify guidelines when posting about fan fiction.

1.) If you find fan fiction of someone else like say, in a link and you want to post it in this forum..please do so on the “Official Recommend Fan Fiction” topic as only this topic will be for that purpose.

2.) If you create fan fiction yourself..then post it in a seperate topic…your own topic, of course :) This is just to avoid things getting all mixed up and disorganized.

Now here are the specific guidelines for matters of age appropriate fan fiction topics and such:

A.) When you post your OWN fan fiction…please make a note in the post of what age groups it is appropriate for…for instance, if it’s suitable for ppl age 12+ or age 16+, etc etc. Ages 12+ would mean no cursing, vulgarity, very mild or no violence, and it not being overly graphic. Ages 16+ means little or no cursing, keep rudeness, vulgarity and violence to a minimum.Ages 18+ allows for more adult themes without going too far cursing is allowed but nothing too vulgar, Love scenes should not be described in any great detail.So when you post your own topic..you are responsible for the awareness of these guidelines for that topic…otherwise we MODS and Administrators will be hearin all about it lol.

B.) Users shall make ONE thread per fan fiction story. This is so that topics do not lose their originality and go off topic.

C.) When posting on someones post..(aka) their wall and commenting their posts..keep it to a minimum..say no more than 10 comments per someones post…just to keep the topic going smoothly.

That’s all for now. If anyone has any questions, please message me or one of the other Moderators of this forum. Thank you and hope to see you all around. :-D

Aang: ..Well what do you think we should do??
    Zuko: …Think about our place in the universe?
  • Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

Well said, those are good guidelines, should really help to keep the fan fic section running smoothly.

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Starbender

Bender

I think most kids think if it says mature they have to see it.It’s like saying don’t look down when your high it’s almost impossible to notlook down.

Sokka-Even the meat eats meat here.
  • Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@starbender
    Yeah your probably right, but we have to put some warning in so people don’t just read random stories and then are like “What on earth was that, I think I am going to be sick”

• LightningSpeed-Zuko

Elite Bender

@starbender Yea but it’s better than nothin lol…otherwise parents might catch wind of it and start complainin all over the place.

• LightningSpeed-Zuko

Elite Bender

MODERATOR NOTICE:

Oh, another thing is..if you criticize someone elses story/stories..you are entitled to your opinion and such but please just keep it to constructive criticism and just be as nice as u can be about it lol. People are free to express their opinions, thoughts, views and ideas here as long as it doesn’t become too destructive to others and get in the way of this site running smoothly :)

• Starbender

Bender

Hey I think I will try to listen to rules for once.Just because I don’t want to get thrown off the site.

• LightningSpeed-Zuko

Elite Bender

@starbender Lol well you wouldn’t get thrown off the site right away..we’d just issue a warning if there was too much intent negativity coming from you. We just look after our own here…and that includes you :)

And they are guidelines…not so much rules…altho may be kinda splittin hairs there lol..but it’s just to address people’s freedom of speech and freedom of harassment on here and such.

• Starbender

Bender

I guess that’s right, but my teachers say I have I problem with listening though.So I wonder how I got like 14 UIL medals?

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

All I can say is well done Coyote01, Single handedly you in posting the guidelines and starting your own fan fic have started alot of activity in this section, You , myself, Aangfan and Starbender are all in the process of or going to write a fan fic.

• Deleted User

Newcomer

@airspeed Don’t forget me. LOL. I’m still not sure if I will post mine or not. It’s not pure canon, and definitely not for the faint of heart. I’m detailed, but not vulgar. Though, one of my characters cusses a lot. Though, I could post an alternate version… still… I don’t know… I don’t want to be hated. :-/

• Starbender

Bender

Hey I don’t want hated either.I Just write fromy heart.Most people aren’t going to like.

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@tracycruze
    I think you should, Just say Non-Canon in the title, With the bad language once it is not really bad just say the story is 18+ or 16+.
    Once people know it is not an attempt to be in canon they will just be looking for a good story.

Go for it. Just like I did with my own fan fic (Though I do try to keep mine in canon, as far as I can given my timeline)

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@starbender
    With your story, are you going down the route that Katara and Aang break up and Aang gets with Onji then.
    Or are you going with an alternate continuity where Aang and Katara never got together. if you go this route just say it is meant to be a different continuity and people will be ok with it.

If you are going the first way, yes some people may be a bit annoyed, but you know the people here they never get mad at anyone.

No one will hate you, it is your story if you want to do something it is up to you, the mods will step in if someone gets mad or angry at your story.

• Starbender

Bender

I think I will go a little Zutarian if you know what I mean.Sad for Aang good for Onji.LOL

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 9
Queries: 202 queries in 0.624 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f