Grey Delisle Voicing 3 Characters in Season 2 of Korra

grey

UPDATE/ March 6th, updates in bold

Random piece of news from Emerald City Comic Con 2013, which Grey Delisle is attending. The news comes from a tumblr user, Sea-Dilemma.

grey

She gave us scoop on season 2 of TLOK.  She said that she is doing three characters, and that one is the younger version of an established character who had a traumatic event happen to her, and we’re thinking LIN!

This is interesting as we do wonder what is meant by Season 2, for me Season 2 as has been confirmed by Mike and Bryan is Book 3 and 4. But it could mean Book 2. Given that we know from a few months back that Grey will be voicing a non firebender bender in Book 3 or 4 it seems more likely to be the former. The Lin comment is obviously just speculation, good speculation based on what was said, but not confirmed by any means at this point.

3 characters, though, that is pretty impressive and brings her Korra voice count up to 4 if we are understanding the information correctly. UPDATE/ Based on her panel it seem as if she may only be doing 3 characters total. There is still confusion over which books certain characters will appear in though.

1/ The Dark Spirit in Book 2
2/ Female non firebender bender in Book 3 or 4 UPDATE/ confirmed to be a waterbender, could be in Book 2
3/ Younger Version of an established character who has something happen to them. Book 3 or 4.
4/ Unknown 3rd Book 3 or 4 character UPDATE/ There may not actually be a 4th character

Again the info is hard to fully pin down, but it is something to keep us going……just about.

What are your thoughts on this news?

1. Avatar of Amonster
    Amonster Said: Comment by Amonster on March 3, 2013 at 4:57 am | Permalink

More Grey DeLisle is always good. :-)

2. Avatar of malvin
    malvin Said: Comment by malvin on March 3, 2013 at 5:59 am | Permalink

Lin is a strong candidate!!! hmm… I wonder how ‘sweet’ and ‘lovely’ she is when she was young.

3. Avatar of Avatar M
    Avatar M Said: Comment by Avatar M on March 3, 2013 at 6:55 am | Permalink

Grey Delisle is a really great voice actress (she voiced several characters in ATLA), so I’m not surprised to see her coming back for TLOK.

4. Avatar of Troy
    Troy Said: Comment by Troy on March 3, 2013 at 7:39 am | Permalink

I can’t figure out how to work tumblr. :) And it’s funny again how I’m asking for technical help from this site, namely Morgan. We should send sea-dilemma a message telling her about this news post and what she meant about season two.

It is fairly easy to use for the most part. Once you get over the fact that to comment on posts you have to reblog them and add your comment in after the post it is fine.
    To directly contact someone on tumblr, go to their blog main page and there should be a link to ask them a question (Ask Box)

5. Avatar of Airspeed Prime
    Airspeed Prime Said: Comment by Airspeed Prime on March 3, 2013 at 8:23 am | Permalink

Also Grey herself just posted a reply on the facebook page when I posted this.
    The response was simply

“;)”

I guess that is in response to the younger version of a known character mystery.

Hyriu 85 Reply:

I saw that and freaked out lol its so cool that she looks at this fan site lol :D

Joey Reply:

thats COOl. i wish she would post on my facebook page :P.

6. Avatar of ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~
    ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Said: Comment by ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ on March 3, 2013 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

3 CHARACTERS?! LIN?! Grey, you always know how to surprise me…

Avatar M Reply:

Yeah, if she does voice a young Lin, well…this is going to be interesting.

Pabu The Melon Lord Reply:

@avatarmnemosyne @xxkataangxx i agree

7. Avatar of AmonicLemur(Mist Assassinator)
    AmonicLemur(Mist Assassinator) Said: Comment by AmonicLemur(Mist Assassinator) on March 3, 2013 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

Oh wow Grey Delisle voicing 3 LOK characters in season 2? :o I thought Dante Basco was good just voicing Iroh in season 1. :P

8. Avatar of mysticsokka
    mysticsokka Said: Comment by mysticsokka on March 3, 2013 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

i dont understand :-).

What exactly don’t you understand?

Grey Delisle will be voicing 4 different characters in Season 2 of Korra. Just like how she voiced multiple characters in ATLA, like Azula and Kya for example.

9. Debbie Said: Comment by Debbie on March 3, 2013 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Have to be her, she is my favorite.
    And I want to know more about she

10. Avatar of Whynnd
    Whynnd Said: Comment by Whynnd on March 3, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

Yay Grey!

11. Avatar of Droc Plug
    Droc Plug Said: Comment by Droc Plug on March 3, 2013 at 8:45 pm | Permalink

YAY NEWS

12. Avatar of Jon
    Jon Said: Comment by Jon on March 5, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

She could do the voice of young Lin and possibly the un-named character could be Zuko’s daughter

13. Avatar of momo2009
    momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on March 6, 2013 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

i want a trailer that is all.

14. Avatar of Joey
    Joey Said: Comment by Joey on March 6, 2013 at 5:26 pm | Permalink

sweetness. i can feel the pieces of speculation coming together in harmony. c: (can’t wait)

15. CynthiaMckitty Said: Comment by CynthiaMckitty on March 23, 2013 at 9:03 pm | Permalink

I think one of them may be Eska.

16. Avatar of Hannah230
    Hannah230 Said: Comment by Hannah230 on September 14, 2013 at 10:56 am | Permalink

there is a lot of IDK there, but it is cool that she is going to be on it.

17. Avatar of Sarah
    Sarah Said: Comment by Sarah on September 26, 2013 at 2:11 am | Permalink

This makes me so happy i cant even put into words. I hope she is playing a young Lin and that my head cannon is right about Toph dying young…I will cry like a baby but it will be interesting to see.

18. SparkySparkyBoomMan Said: Comment by SparkySparkyBoomMan on December 8, 2013 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

Did Grey Delisle do the voice of young Korra in the spirit world? That was traumatic for Korra

No, that was Cora Baker, Dee Bradley Baker’s daughter.