Grey DeLisle to voice “The Dark Spirit” in The Legend Of Korra

The Dark Spirit

Yes, SDCC 2012 has just ended and already we have more news.

Grey DeLisle, who you many know as the voice of Azula, Mai’s mother, Kya (Katara’s mom), Ta Min (Roku’s wife), Actress Katara and the servant who Azula banished for leaving a pip in,

Has announced on Twitter that she will be returning to Avatar to voice a character in The Legend Of Korra.

Here is the Tweet, https://twitter.com/GreyDeLisle/status/225033218586456065

Grey

Now this may be the Spirit we saw concept art for during the Korra panel

The Dark Spirit

Could this be “The Dark Spirit” Grey DeLisle will be voicing.

What are your thoughts on another ATLA voice actor returning for Korra ?

Thanks to Sarah on the forums for finding this info 🙂

The Legend of Korra Episodes
Cast Bender Podcast Episode 67 - I am the guest host!
K306 - Old Wounds Episode Review
SDCC 2015 Avatar and Korra Dark Horse Panel Info

1. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on July 17, 2012 at 4:52 am | Permalink

Woah! I never knew that she did that many voices.

How weird it must have been to banish yourself from your own nation. I’m referring to Azula banishing the servant here 😛

Avatar Amanda Reply:

That probably did feel weird and a little awkward.

2. Brandy Said: Comment by Brandy on July 17, 2012 at 4:52 am | Permalink

Hmm…very interesting. I wonder what the voice would be like based on the appearance of that spirit…

Ricardo Reply:

I keep thinking it’s going to be raspy or maybe echoy (due to the spirit world effect?). I can’t imagine Azula’s high-pitched voice on that spirit XD

emaralez Reply:

I imagine it will be delay effect, but most fun if there will be NO effects XD only voice. so it wil be ingeniously

3. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on July 17, 2012 at 5:01 am | Permalink

How do you pronounce DeLisle?
    I always say it as “deh-LEES-le”.

And also, how would you pronounce Joaquim?

It is either as you put it there or
    “De-lile” with a silent s, I am not sure myself.

Joaquim is pronounced like “Wah-keem”

“De-Lyle” is probably a better way at typing out the pronunciation.

Ricardo Reply:

Alright! Thanks 🙂

4. AwesomeBender Said: Comment by AwesomeBender on July 17, 2012 at 6:52 am | Permalink

I love that they are bringing back old voice characters it really makes more connection that A:TLA and TLOK are the same show only a different storyline, but it´s also good that the main characters have different voice actors cos it would just be weird to hear.

Lauren Reply:

I agree, it’s great to still have a connection with ATLA!

5. Jon Said: Comment by Jon on July 17, 2012 at 8:44 am | Permalink

I must say that that Spirit looks OUTSTANDING!!! It looks like something from a video game or an Anime. I love the design!

Lauren Reply:

That’s the first thing I thought too! I love video games, and it looks like something straight out of one; my first urge is to start battling it haha!

6. KaipoDaWaterbender Said: Comment by KaipoDaWaterbender on July 17, 2012 at 11:04 am | Permalink

can’t wait for the new LoK season! can’t believe how talented she is! voiced all those great characters. surely now the grey spirit will be great too

7. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 17, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

this will have to be interesting.

8. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 17, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Permalink

i never knew she voiced for all those people during the series

9. Avatar Amanda Said: Comment by Avatar Amanda on July 17, 2012 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

I never thought of the spirit having a girl voice. I thought of it having a deep screeching voice that made weird noises.

Ricardo Reply:

I’m sure Grey is very talented and can make “deep screeching voices” as well 😛

10. Sarah Said: Comment by Sarah on July 17, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

YOU ARE ALL VERY WELCOME…..I AM THE BEIFONG NINJA!

Ricardo Reply:

*face palm*

Sarah Reply:

What! i am just saying i am a NINJA!

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

yes, you are a ninja 😎

11. ilian124 Said: Comment by ilian124 on July 17, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

I hope they show a younger Katara somehow….that would be awesome. I would also like to see Zuko in his old age =P

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

me too

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

have some flashbacks of aang and katara raising their 3 kids. that would be fun to see. and i would like to see zuko’ s daughter, the current fire lord and mother of general Iroh. (: i have so many expectations for korra, and what i hope they show.

12. Lauren Said: Comment by Lauren on July 17, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

Wow I had no clue she did all of those voices. If the Spirit sounds anything like Azula’s laugh, it will be one scary thing.

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

I would have nightmares forever if the spirit has azulas laugh 🙂

Luca Reply:

Hahahaha have to agree with you there NIGHTMARES!!!!

13. AVATAR FAN 101 Said: Comment by AVATAR FAN 101 on July 17, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

thats awesome

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

yep

14. AvatarAang Said: Comment by AvatarAang on July 17, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Permalink

Don’t think that creepy spirit will be the dark spirit she will be voicing at.

Kelly Reply:

Me too, but hey u never know!

Sarah Reply:

i think it will be another spirit….maybe one in the spirit world in those special episodes

15. AJ(Airbender) Said: Comment by AJ(Airbender) on July 17, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

That’s awesome for her!

Who do I gotta talk too to get a voice roll on Korra???? I want to be one soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo BAD!!!

Sarah Reply:

i am right there with you….i would love to be a voice actor on the show….even if it was just one word

AJ(Airbender) Reply:

Not gonna lie… I’d even be satisfied with a Grunt! lol

16. ViSte Said: Comment by ViSte on July 17, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Permalink

I don’t think that’s the Dark Spirit. The image doesn’t seem to show the same character in different poses; rather, it seems like a kind of spirit, because each one has a different build, and the barbs on the back are different.

In the animation at the SDCC, that’s the same spirit that attacked Korra. I don’t think the Dark Spirit — whatever it is (but it sounds important) — would be Korra’s first spirit adversary.

17. ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Said: Comment by ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ on July 18, 2012 at 3:55 am | Permalink

cant wait to see it! it will be so awesome,to hear that voice again. wishthey could more voices from ATLA, like Kya’s voice would be Mae Whitman’s. who knows?

18. avatarclara Said: Comment by avatarclara on July 18, 2012 at 6:10 am | Permalink

YES!!! Grey is incredible! SHE IS MY CHILDHOOD <3

19. AVATAR FAN 101 Said: Comment by AVATAR FAN 101 on July 18, 2012 at 11:21 am | Permalink

YESSSS LOL

20. Tellatubby Said: Comment by Tellatubby on July 18, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

So is the dark spirit goin to be a villain? Cuz i saw the concept teaser from comic con

Ricardo Reply:

At the moment, it looks like it.

21. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 18, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

the spirit thing looks creepy 🙁

22. Mooncrawler Said: Comment by Mooncrawler on July 18, 2012 at 6:50 pm | Permalink

She is a awesome actor she`ll be perfect for the dark spirits I hope they bring more of the spiritual side in Book 2.

23. Hyriu 85 Said: Comment by Hyriu 85 on July 18, 2012 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa

24. Narisa Said: Comment by Narisa on July 18, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

Creepy dark spirit… O.O

25. TeaBender Said: Comment by TeaBender on July 19, 2012 at 12:49 am | Permalink

I think it’s awesome they’re bringing Grey back. She’s so talented, and I know she’ll do an amazing job voicing “The Dark Spirit!” Makes me look forward to Book 2 even more.

26. Luca Said: Comment by Luca on July 19, 2012 at 1:07 am | Permalink

Cant wait book 2 sounds really interesting……..I am very glad that there bring back Grey i love her vocie and hoping she doesn’t have Azulas laugh though that would be scary!!!

27. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 19, 2012 at 11:14 am | Permalink

i cant wait for book 2!!!!! 😀

28. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on July 19, 2012 at 11:40 am | Permalink

i cant wait to see more spirit world. and what this creature has in store for korra. (: