First close to finished image from Book 2

korra book 2

korra book 2

I am considering this reasonably big news because this as far as I know is the first time we are seeing a full colour image from a Book 2 episode. This image is from Bryan on Tumblr and is from a colour correction session. So it is as close to a finished image from the show that we have seen.

Thoughts on what is going on ?, What is with the fence, and the fire ? in the background.

In terms of the Book 2 release date, hopefully the Nick Upfront event on February 26th will reveal it, because that is where we got the Book 1 date from.

First Avatar Revealed, Named Wan voiced by Steven Yeun
New Korra Merchandise out May 7th 2014
Korra wins 1 of 3 Annie Awards
K307 - Original Airbenders Episode Review

1. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on February 16, 2013 at 3:04 am | Permalink

amazing! this absolutley big news! (:

2. Saladin Said: Comment by Saladin on February 16, 2013 at 3:16 am | Permalink

heck yes

3. johnny Said: Comment by johnny on February 16, 2013 at 4:50 am | Permalink

wicked. you can see on her face it´s going to be epic. perhaps it´s form the fight with that spirit they´ve shown in the raw animation? it seems she went kind of crazy with the fire blasts in the avatar state.

It definitely seems like that, with what appears to be a festival tent in the background.

Troy Reply:

I think you two are right. If this is what all the animation will be like it will look great.

4. Atry Said: Comment by Atry on February 16, 2013 at 7:01 am | Permalink

You know at first glance it sort of looks like she’s in some sci-fi environment.

senao40 Reply:

I know right.

5. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on February 16, 2013 at 7:23 am | Permalink

Storyboards yesterday, color correction today. This may mean something.

johnny Reply:

that storyboard picture with Meelo kind of cracked me up. looks like he´ll be on a no-eating-rampage 😀

6. epicbender_01 Said: Comment by epicbender_01 on February 16, 2013 at 7:45 am | Permalink

This is amazing and I can’t wait for book 2

7. Avatar M Said: Comment by Avatar M on February 16, 2013 at 7:52 am | Permalink

This is awesome news!

8. malvin Said: Comment by malvin on February 16, 2013 at 11:12 am | Permalink

cant wait

9. Hyriu 85 Said: Comment by Hyriu 85 on February 16, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

I literally spazed out and made weird noises when I saw this lol IT LOOKS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Zuko Said: Comment by Zuko on February 16, 2013 at 6:09 pm | Permalink

Pretty epic stuff

11. Zuko Said: Comment by Zuko on February 16, 2013 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

Korra looks a lot “meaner-looking.” Maybe she’s in the spirit world and is being possessed by a Spirit or something??

avatarkorra Reply:

shes probably just trying to be serious

12. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on February 16, 2013 at 8:28 pm | Permalink

i would consider this news as well, but i hope we actually get some REAL news soon…

13. Callum Fryars Said: Comment by Callum Fryars on February 16, 2013 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

I have no idea what’s going on but Korra looks amazing! So excited for Book 2!

14. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on February 16, 2013 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

At first glance, it looks like she’s in space (something with the avatar state?). But after i see all the comments, my thought continues to flow a little even though it’s more of a fence and that there’s a tent .___.

15. Jadely Said: Comment by Jadely on February 16, 2013 at 10:13 pm | Permalink

😮 I am thrilled. The image looks amazing 😀
    The fire, tent,and fence does Increase my curiosity. Korra looks rather angry in this image. Can’t wait for the release date!

16. HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Said: Comment by HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) on February 17, 2013 at 12:21 am | Permalink

Korra it’s time to use your Avatar hacks, this image just shows it all. She looks like she is glaring at a spirit or mad at Mako lol. Well let’s hope we finally get a release date after all this torture of waiting for seaosn 2

17. Airspeed Prime Said: Comment by Airspeed Prime on February 17, 2013 at 5:01 am | Permalink

We all know what is going to happen next, a Spirit is looking to attack the festival and Korra goes out to defend, she starts with “You Cannot Pass, I am the Avatar, wielder of the Avatar Spirit, YOU SHALL NOT PASS”
    She then activates the Avatar Spirit.
    In short Korra is Gandalf, lol

Troy Reply:

I think it happen after she fights the spirit due to the fire.

alex Reply:

Lol

18. DragonMoose134 Said: Comment by DragonMoose134 on February 17, 2013 at 10:09 am | Permalink

She looks more mature, and less, I dont know how to put this, less naive?

Zuko Reply:

Probably not as cocky as she was before. Before she mostly thought she could do everything alone

19. Steve Said: Comment by Steve on February 17, 2013 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

I can’t wait!

20. alex Said: Comment by alex on February 22, 2013 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

Is it possible to watch the Nick Upfront? 🙂

No one seems to know. I assume we will soon find out if anywhere will be streaming it online.
    Either way the news will all come out minutes after an announcement.

21. kisame Said: Comment by kisame on February 23, 2013 at 2:13 am | Permalink

well that was fast

22. LILAVATARG Said: Comment by LILAVATARG on March 2, 2013 at 11:29 am | Permalink

I can’t wait for book two!!!!