EPIC First Official Look at Korras Face

Avatar The Legned of Korra Korras Face

Well folks we finally have our first official look at Korras face from the upcoming series, Avatar The Legend of Korra, Straight from the Wall Street Journal Report on Korra. The article mentions Korra wont debut until next year (2012) which if you think about it is only about a month after the earlier announcement of November 2011, it could also be a typo.

The Wall Street Journal also mentions that they have an interview lined up with Series Creators so stay tuned for lot’s of upcoming Avatar news!

Avatar The Legned of Korra Korras Face

The First Look at Korras face, shows her Firebending and Waterbending

Hey everyone, I'm the Administrator / Programmer of the site. I love anything that's awesome, and am looking for new hobbies. Let me know if you have any ideas :)

The Legend of Korra Episode 2
New Korra game up on Nick.com
The Legend Of Korra Episode 11 – Skeletons In The Closet Review
Korra digital episodes will be put online every Friday at noon Eastern time

1. Tracy Said: Comment by Tracy on March 7, 2011 at 10:46 am | Permalink

She’s certainly no shrinking violet. Tough, but pretty though!

2. a_girl Said: Comment by a_girl on March 7, 2011 at 11:55 am | Permalink

she is deffinantly an avatar 😀

3. Admin / Jordash Said: Comment by Admin / Jordash on March 7, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

Also I believe that the Wall Street Journal only put The Last Airbender in front of The Legend Of Korra so people associated the two series together.

The likely name of the series is Avatar The Legend of Korra or The Journey of Korra.

You are probably correct, but Legend Of Korra is only a working title and I think they said it for a reason.

I am not speaking for everyone but when I refer to the universe as a whole I call it the Avatar universe and not the Airbender universe.

I really think keeping Avatar in the title is very important especially when the biggest theme from ATLA was Balance yet they are saying that Airbender is what people remember from the show.

I much prefer Avatar:The Legend Of Korra and Avatar: The Journey Of Korra

Tracy Reply:

@airespeed Yeah, I prefer that, too.

4. ralphjedimaster Said: Comment by ralphjedimaster on March 7, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

neat! looks a bit like katara, except different hair style.

Tracy Reply:

One thing I have to say, some of those fan artists, weren’t too far off on their drawings. We fans have a sixth sense.

5. sifuhotman Said: Comment by sifuhotman on March 7, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Permalink

made my day finding this out!

llamagal Reply:

Mee too, considering that I was having a crappy day

6. Matthew Said: Comment by Matthew on March 8, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

She looks like she eats Anti-Benders for breakfast!!!

Tracy Reply:

And anyone who crosses her! She really learned how to bend at a young age, considering Avatars are announced at the age of 16. She must be a prodigy.

llamagal Reply:

Oh yeah, I wonder why she learned bending soooo early. (i’m writing a list of things i want or wonder about on Korra. This is now on it)

7. Donna Said: Comment by Donna on March 9, 2011 at 2:40 am | Permalink

OMG!!!!! Epic is soooo not going to describe this series! And another 14 have been ordered by Nick! Making it 26 episodes…. H A P P I N E S S for sure!!!!!!

loved reading the full article with Mike and Bryan’s comments and see we asked for info and we got some yummies!!!!! Darn have to wait longer, but now I’m sure it will be worth it! 🙂

Tracy Reply:

But maybe because they are making us wait longer, they will share little tid bits to keep us fans happy and excited. I might as well say it here. And though 2012, seems too far off, in a way, I am glad it is so, I am trying to figure out a way to get Nicky to comic con 2012. I’ve never been to any kind of con, so any help you all could give would be appreciated. This would be his dream come true, and I wouldn’t exactly mind it either, especially if some of you happen to be there, I mean celebrities are great, but I’ve built bonds with you all.

Donna Reply:

I’ll be hopefully doing a running live blog while at SDCC this year, but to wet the appetite may I recommend you read:

and visit : http://www.comic-con.org on a regular bases 🙂 Coming from overseas means I can only do one Comic Con a year at the moment, and this is my first year, so will have heaps to learn am sure 🙂

There has been no mention of ATLA or ATLK in this years SDCC as of yet, but these sort of announcements don’t usually happen till 2 weeks out of the con, so fingers crossed. 🙂

Admin / Jordash Reply:

A Live Blog? So you will be documenting it? Yeah i’m crossing my fingers for Korra news as well.

Tracy Reply:

Any info will help. I want to take him to the one in Cali. In August I am getting a big fat renter’s rebate check and I want to use that if I can help it. We’d go by bus because I am scared to death of flying. But I really want to make this happen. And if any of you are there, that will be my highlight of it all. 🙂

A live Blog that sounds awesome, We may even get the scoop on some new Korra news.
    Donna Avatar Roving reporter !

Donna Reply:

I’m hoping to be able to send live feeds back to this site while I’m at SDCC so you guys get the latest if there is anything announced…. they release the schedule for the shows 2 weeks out from Con, so will have to anxiously wait till then…. but really feel that there will be something for sure, just not sure to what level…. 🙂 But as soon as I know, you guys will know! 🙂 Hoping to also use the “I came all the way from New Zealand” card to maybe help get me into a few places that may be more restricted or limited… one never knows, unless one gives it a go! 🙂

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah it’ll be worth it for sure.

8. AvatarAce Said: Comment by AvatarAce on March 9, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

I cant WAIT TO SEE THIS! Zuko’s kid and Korra are a good match. I can already tell.

9. ralphjedimaster Said: Comment by ralphjedimaster on March 9, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

this is off-topic, but i still say that team avatar is still alive (except aang obviously).

AvatarAce Reply:

Yup!

10. llamagal Said: Comment by llamagal on March 12, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Permalink

I hope the creators make Korra’s hair come out of the ponytail like Katara’s did sometimes. =D

11. yeahit'sabison Said: Comment by yeahit'sabison on March 15, 2011 at 2:39 am | Permalink

She deffo looks like a cross between Aang and Katara…. and she looks like she is wearing southern water tribe get-up, the northeners look too formal all the time.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah good point, I’m thinking Southern as well.

It is confirmed that she is from the Northern Water Tribe.
    One of the first things we got.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Oh yeah you’re right, forgot about that.

ralphjedimaster Reply:

i thought it said SOUTHERN water tribe. on the avatar wikia it did, and it said she may have gone to the northern tribe to learn waterbending, or she could have learned it at thesouthern tribe due to master pakku repopulating the southern waterbenders.

which is right??????????????

Camille Reply:

YEAHIT’ SEBASTIAN is right. it all makes sense.

yeahit'sabison Reply:

WOO HOO!!! go southeners!!!

12. Steve Said: Comment by Steve on March 15, 2011 at 11:55 am | Permalink

she looks dangerous!

AvatarAce Reply:

Rawr!

13. Jon Said: Comment by Jon on March 18, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

She looks good. I mean REALLY good.

14. LightningSpeed-Zuko Said: Comment by LightningSpeed-Zuko on March 18, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Yea it looks like she definitely has some spunk! Lol 🙂

15. Nuriko Said: Comment by Nuriko on March 19, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

OMG COOL! Korra looks like she’s got some attitude and she ain’t afraid to use it!

16. avatar4ever Said: Comment by avatar4ever on March 29, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

I’ve heard that Korra is the child of Suki and Sokka. I’m not sure…
    Does anyone know anything about this?
    Thanks.

🙂

BTW: Korra looks AMAZING!!!! Can’t wait for ATLK…

Admin / Jordash Reply:

We don’t have any official word on that. But we’ll see.

vwjunky Reply:

Pretty sure Korra won’t be the child of Suki and Sokka. Suki would have to of had her when she was pretty old but not impossible. Now it could be there grandkid?

avatar4ever Reply:

I haven’t thought in the age issue. But, yeah,she could be their grandchild (that will be a good way to have flashbacks of the gaang…)

But as I said I’m not sure, I read it in a website but it wasn’t official or anything…. It will be cool though.

llamagal Reply:

i really don’t think that Korra is their child

17. Camille Said: Comment by Camille on March 30, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Permalink

omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg! sooo awesome! i didn’t even know there will b a new series! totally made my day. BTW, Du u think she could be katara’s daughter? i mean, she looks like her, the next avatar has to be a water bender, u know the rest. AVATAR4EVER!

ralphjedimaster Reply:

definatly not daughter of katara/aang, cuz’ the new avatar is always born about a week after the previous avatar’s death, so she couldn’t be.

Tracy Reply:

Besides, their child is Tenzin which would make him Korra’s brother, not her Airbending teacher.

18. yeahit'sabison Said: Comment by yeahit'sabison on March 31, 2011 at 2:35 am | Permalink

Northern huh? well then i couldnt have looked to far into it then… STUDY POWERS ACTIVATE YIP YIP!!!!

19. Kathryn Said: Comment by Kathryn on April 2, 2011 at 8:07 am | Permalink

woah woah woah woah…
    so 26 EPISODES?!?!! YES! (i was really worried tthat it would only be 12!)

but why do we have to wait so long? i cant bear it! (=

but Korra looks pretty awesome

20. Vwjunky Said: Comment by Vwjunky on April 2, 2011 at 8:46 am | Permalink

They are drawing the 12 episodes now, That much drawing takes a very Long time!

21. Erika Said: Comment by Erika on April 21, 2011 at 10:49 am | Permalink

Okay… I have to say, I’m kind of scared she is going to be exactly like Katara. I am really hoping she brings something new to the show, rather than just being Katara Avatar-style.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

From what we’ve seen so far her personality seems kind of like a combination of Toph and Zuko, which is an epic Combo that’s for sure.

22. MangaPainter Said: Comment by MangaPainter on April 28, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

I just hope she’s not arrogant…