Early look at the “Blue Spirit” in The Last Airbender

Blue Spirit The Last Airbender Sighting

At the Roundtable Discussion with M. Night Shyamalan when I asked him about the Comedy / Humor in The Last Airbender, he mentioned that he “Literally took the Blue Spirit Episode and put it right into the movie”.

The Blue Spirit Episode was certainly one of the coolest, so you might be interested to see some early looks at how The Blue Spirit will appear in The Last Airbender, in the trailers the only part I was able to catch a glimpse of the Blue Spirit is pictured below.

Blue Spirit The Last Airbender Sighting

This shot of the Blue Spirit Appears at 1:12 of the 2nd Theatrical Trailer Release. The Blue Spirit Appears to have a large mane of hair.

The Blue Spirit Sword Flare

The Blue Spirit from Avatar The Last Airbender

The Blue Spirit appears to be more “bluish” as well as sporting a large mane of hair, to see this particular shot, Head on over to the Second The Last Airbender Theatrical Trailer and watch at about 1:12.

You can also check out a couple of early action figures for the Blue Spirit.

The Blue Spirit has already been made into an action figure.

Blue Spirit Mask Action Figure

The Blue Spirit Mask looks spot on.

I’m way stoked to see the Blue Spirit on the big screen, I think it’ll be an awesome scene.

Oh BTW if you’re new to the series, The Blue Spirit will remain a mystery, until you see the movie, or series.

Hey everyone, I'm the Administrator / Programmer of the site. I love anything that's awesome, and am looking for new hobbies. Let me know if you have any ideas :)

Avatar The Last Airbender 7 Disc Collectors Edition Announcement - Book 1
Every "The Last Airbender" Trailer in One Place
Korra Air Date Revealed and New Trailer
Smoke and Shadow Part 1 Spoiler Review

1. Quin Said: Comment by Quin on April 14, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

Really cool to see the blue spirit all in one place. Great website!

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Hey,

Thanks Quin!

2. Jared Said: Comment by Jared on May 4, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

Wish they would stick to the cartoon mask, but whatever.

3. 2217 Said: Comment by 2217 on June 24, 2010 at 10:02 am | Permalink

I always loved the idea of zuko kinda being a superhero (but i guess i shouldn’t have said that)

PS those swords that come with the mask are wimpy!

Admin / Jordash Reply:

lol Yeah the Blue Spirit is an awesome character.

4. Ronald Said: Comment by Ronald on July 5, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

Damn, they should ahve left out the hair, it really sucks and isnt really true to the series, i dont like it, the rest is good, but in my eyes they destroyed the great character. 😛

5. Naomi Said: Comment by Naomi on July 12, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

That was easily the best scene in the movie in my opinion.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah this was my favorite scene as well, well the longest scene anyway. The Pakku scene was my favorite but it was only like 5 seconds long and they showed it in every trailer.

6. Inferneon Said: Comment by Inferneon on August 13, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

They gave him hair ?

No no no, they’re changing all the great details of the original series ! 🙁

Asezuna Reply:

If we say that most of the Japanese demon masks had hair (when they wore them in a play, but just go and search for Onibaba) and the Blue Spirit mask based on it, it coud be forgiven. (But it’s not the best for a fight, though. You can’t see anything from that hair “flying” in front of your eyes.)

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Haha yeah I was thinking about that, although it does look way cool.