Dee Bradley Baker Talks Avatar The Legend Of Korra

Dee Bradley Baker the “Voice” behind Appa, Momo, and nearly every animal in Avatar The Last Airbender, spoke to about his role in the upcoming Avatar The Legend of Korra, the spin-off series to Avatar The Last Airbender. Stuff relating to Avatar The Legend of Korra is near the bottom of the article, but here are some things that we were able to pick out.

Dee Bradley Baker Avatar The Legend of Korra

Dee Bradley Baker Talks about Avatar The Legend of Korra

• Dee Bradley Baker is definitely involved with Avatar The Legend of Korra
  • His Daughter “Cora” will be the voice of Young Korra in a flashback to when she is a “Fireball” 5 year old.
  • He may have revealed the real name of Avatar The Legend of Korra, referring to the show as “The Journey of Korra” but that is Unconfirmed, as it could have just been a slip of the tongue (Avatar The Legend of Korra is working title, similar to Avatar The Last Airbender having a working title of Avatar The Legend of Aang. But I think it can also be the final title.)

A flashback might mean looks at older versions of ATLA characters, among other things.”  Glad to know Dee Bradley Baker is back on the team, wonder what new animals in the Avatar universe we’ll be able to see.

Read the entire interview here: Interview with Dee Bradley Baker

Hey everyone, I'm the Administrator / Programmer of the site. I love anything that's awesome, and am looking for new hobbies. Let me know if you have any ideas :)

M Night Defends Against Accusations of Racism
Community Opinion - "Write about this Character !"
Republic City Hustle Part 2 out now
Free Comic Book Day 2015 Info - Free Avatar Comic Available this Saturday

1. HeartOfKataang Said: Comment by HeartOfKataang on August 29, 2010 at 9:18 am | Permalink

SCREAM!!! Momoooooo and appaaaaa yay!

smallville Reply:

momo and appa wont be on the show because it is a new show person and it aang died so appa did too

2. The Cabbage Merchant Said: Comment by The Cabbage Merchant on August 29, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

I’d give a lot to do animal voices on this show. I just don’t have the “acting” down with the sound copying. Not like this guy. He’s a decent Frank Welker when it comes to animals, though no one will beat the best! Yay, Frank!

3. Steve Said: Comment by Steve on August 30, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

so that means new types of avatar world animals , yay!

4. Shah Said: Comment by Shah on August 30, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

5. Kelly (not used account) Said: Comment by Kelly (not used account) on August 30, 2010 at 10:59 pm | Permalink

Yay! Baker is Back! Seriously though what are the odds of his daughter getting the part AND her having the same name. Pure Sweetness.

6. OrderOfWhiteLotus Said: Comment by OrderOfWhiteLotus on August 31, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Permalink

What does it mean by “fireball”, as in “when she is a fireball 5 year old”?

Admin / Jordash Reply:

He means her temper that she has a fireball type temper.

OrderOfWhiteLotus Reply:

ah, sweet. I can’t wait to see that, that sounds adorable! She might remind me of my sister when she was 5, lol

mastermind Reply:

i think it meant that she was caught in a fireball like she was being burned by fire benders or a natural fire

dot Reply:

I thought it meant she was super energetic as a kid. But fireball temper works too.

7. Nuriko Said: Comment by Nuriko on November 12, 2010 at 10:02 am | Permalink

Thanks for the info Jordash! So can’t wait for Korra!!! Finally a girl Avatar we get to watch all the time! The leading lady of the story!!! 🙂 😀 😛 😉

8. rocky Said: Comment by rocky on January 3, 2011 at 1:43 am | Permalink

I hope korra will have an animal guide!

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah and I can’t wait to see the animals in korra.

Tracy Reply:

That will certainly be interesting. Don’t all avatars have animal guides? Hmmm… I wonder….

9. dot Said: Comment by dot on February 9, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Permalink

Nice to know we have the original ‘voice’ actor of the Avatarverse animals working on Legend of Korra. Maybe he’ll get to play that polar bear-dog (I think this might be Korra animal guide)!

It’s pretty weird that his daughter whose name is Cora will play Korra. Coincidence? I think not.

Krazyasian808 Reply:

what are the odds

10. Krazyasian808 Said: Comment by Krazyasian808 on December 6, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

Sky bison yip yip- Meelo