David Faustino Hints at a Summer Air date for Korra

Korra title thumb

Airspeed Prime here to give you the latest Korra news update.

On twitter, Voice of Mako in Korra, David Faustino mentioned in this tweet that it is a summer release date.

Air date

So this is as official a date as we have gotten thus far, it fits in with the general Mid/Late 2012 we got months ago before SDCC 2011.

But I have to say This is by no means confirmation of a summer Premiere, just a good sign that we won’t be waiting until the end of the year and that an official announcement may be coming soon.

So for now take this with a grain of salt 🙂

Additional Information 16th February 2012

David Fasutino tweeted again confirming the Summer date

Air Date 2

So this is a good sign that he seems very confident in a summer release date.

New voice actors revealed for Avatar the Legend of Korra
Competition - Win a copy of Endgame (Closed)
The Legend Of Korra Video Game Announced
Zwyer Industries reveal next Figure - Korra

1. Admin / Jordash Said: Comment by Admin / Jordash on February 15, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Permalink

Can’t wait to hear Faustino perform as Mako, should be an interesting character.

2. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on February 15, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Permalink

I think Its good news because this means we can hope for a sonner release than fall like some expected! If anything thats it though, its just an assumption.
    It is a very good sign and since Nick hopefully didnt slap david for that post to the people (Nick: *GASP* we’ve had a breach in security!!) we can assume there are starting to lighten up a bit and we may have an ACTUAL air date lol.

Yes, this coming out now after Bryan started a tumblr, makes me believe that Nick is planning to put out an announcement fairly soon. Perhaps David just jumped the gun a bit here, overheard the date while recording the new episode he mentioned.

Kelly Reply:

my thoughts exactly
    btw what does RT mean?

It means Re-Tweet
    Basically the first part of his tweet is the answer to the question which is the RT and after bit.

David RT What is your name ?
    That is a simple way to understand it

3. Tiana Said: Comment by Tiana on February 15, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Permalink

Very exited about the new season, I wanna be a voice actor in shows like avatar the last air bender! It really inspired me in my voice acting and just originally acting with emotions and what not! Of course, I’m WAYYYYY better of actor then the ppl in the play “the boy in the ice burg” on ember island play! Lolz!

4. Julla Said: Comment by Julla on February 15, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Permalink

Still being an ATLA newbie, I do not know who David Faustino is…Can someone please tell me who he is? Thanks. 🙂

Kelly Reply:

he’s actually got nothing to do with ATLA
    He is going to be the voice actor for Mako in the legend of Korra 🙂

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah he’s a newcomer, going to be a brand new character. I wonder what else he’s been in. I think this might be his first voice acting job.

Kelly Reply:

He was part of the main cast of married with children starting his career I think.
    Its not his first voice role recently he’s done some voices. I would say its his first main voice role
    He’s done a bit more than what this page says

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Cool, good to know

5. sydmun17 Said: Comment by sydmun17 on February 15, 2012 at 11:06 pm | Permalink

So excited that we are getting closer and closer to the premiere!!! 🙂

6. avatar Said: Comment by avatar on February 16, 2012 at 12:17 am | Permalink

Yeah! Finally, someone feed us with information event though it is not confirmed!!