Character Name confirmed – Unalaq’s daughter is named Eska

Eska

While we will all struggle to get over the disappointment that was the lack of info from Nick Upfront 2013. Things like this always help.

Eska

We know of many new Book 2 characters from SDCC 2012, but 1 was not named. That being Unalaq’s (Korra’s uncle) daughters name, we know her twin brother is named Desna.

Now thanks to Bryan on tumblr, we know her name is Eska.

This means that Alyson Stoner who we know will voice a character called Opal is not actually Korra’s cousin. This more than likely means she will voice a book 3 character, though that is not confirmed.

Watch Korra Premiere Weeks Before It Airs On TV
Book 2 episodes 7 and 8 "Beginnings" to air tonight at 8pm Eastern!!!
Korra Junior Novel #3 cancelled!
The Legend Of Korra Book 3 Change Art Book out tomorrow!

1. Jon Said: Comment by Jon on February 27, 2013 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

At least tumblr is on our side

2. Avatar M Said: Comment by Avatar M on February 27, 2013 at 3:25 pm | Permalink

Thank you Tumblr!

3. Eska Said: Comment by Eska on February 27, 2013 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Thank you tumblr.

4. Jadely Said: Comment by Jadely on February 27, 2013 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

Eska that’s a neat name. 🙂

5. Tenzout Said: Comment by Tenzout on February 27, 2013 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

I would bet that Bryan “heard” about the disappointment from some fans and this was his little way of saying “hang in there”. I believe he wants to give us more but his hands are tied. That’s business.

Joey Reply:

I agree. the only thing i think he absolutely needs to say soon is the release date, so we arent in a complete smokescreen of rumors and specs like we have been for the last few months ಥ_ಥ

Meelo Reply:

I agreee also!!! RELEASE DATE PLEASE! 😀

Could just be me, but I would be more eager to see a trailer than a release date.
    Because to put out a trailer they need to have the first 1-3 episodes done, but to put out a release date they need to be almost completely done and Nick will only release it about a month before the show actually airs.
    Not to mention we had a Book 1 trailer 9 months or so before it aired.

6. Joey Said: Comment by Joey on February 28, 2013 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

Her expression of particular… thrill reminds me of Mai.

~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Reply:

XD me 2. but her feet are too thin, Mai isnt that thin.

7. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on February 28, 2013 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

Eska has the same ending sound as Desna.

8. BOLIN(combustion specialist). Said: Comment by BOLIN(combustion specialist). on March 1, 2013 at 10:37 am | Permalink

confirmed. Thats nice