Book 3 villain revealed, kind of…

I was not really sure what to say for the title of this post as it is new Book 3 news and I do think it is good enough to post about, but the image is so hard to make out it is difficult to call it a “reveal”, regardless lets get into this update.

Bryan on tumblr has broken the many weeks of no new Book 3 news with this curious image which he has tagged on tumblr as “Lok, Book 3, Villain”. The text of the post and aim of the post overall seems to be to point out some of the details of the colour correction process and not specifically reveal or show off this new character/group of characters.

book3villain

The tags Bryan has used on tumblr seem to hint at this being a villain in Book 3, not very clear though!

As you can see it is very hard to make out what is going on. To me the designs seem similar to The Council Of Five that ran the military in Ba Sing Se, but it is difficult to say for sure what is going on.

I guess the only thing to do now is ask “What do yo get from this image?”

MUST READ Interview with series Creators, Things are Looking up for A LOT more from the Avatar / Air...
Amazing New Korra Poster at Comic Con
The Track Team Interview and Korra Nation Music
Book 1, 2, 3 and 4 Awards Results Recap

1. Momentai Said: Comment by Momentai on April 11, 2014 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

They look like they’re part of the white lotus

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

yeah, i was thinking that, or it would be what airspeed said, the council of five in ba sing se. though maybe only one of them is a villain…

it also kind of looks like an x-ray 😛

2. Hyriu 85 Said: Comment by Hyriu 85 on April 11, 2014 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

To me it looks as if the three people are standing behind glass, and three other people’s reflection is in the glass and they are bowing their heads.

3. Christine Said: Comment by Christine on April 11, 2014 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

Wait- are there three people? At first I thought it was showing the steps of one person getting up from a seated position. At first I thought he had an Earth Kingdom symbol on his outfit, but it looks like it’s something showing through from the back. I thought for a minute he looked like the earth avatar that was behind “Avatar Jafar”. I’m pretty sure these are human characters.

4. F.L.Z Said: Comment by F.L.Z on April 13, 2014 at 4:46 am | Permalink

I guess they are white lotus cause in the trailer it has shown that white lotus have a important rule in the season(the dragon stuff) but it really is … unnoticeable.

5. Sapphire Moon Said: Comment by Sapphire Moon on April 13, 2014 at 8:23 am | Permalink

In could be then council of five because there clothes remind of the kind the generals wore during aangs time. But the lighting and the shading look weird. It sort of looks like when toph or Lin use seismic sense. With all the objects and people turning grey while the “sense” itself goes out in white bands through the objects and people. Maybe this could be of Lin trying I find these people, hidden somewhere underground perhaps

6. Droc Plug Said: Comment by Droc Plug on April 14, 2014 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

I don’t even see a person. Looks like some sort of mech that is folded in the far right photo and then unfolds or transforms or something into the next couple of pics. Seems to have a lot of samurai looking elements to it. Then again this may just be the Rorschach test for Avatar.

7. Karis Said: Comment by Karis on April 14, 2014 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

At first I thought there were six people, three in front, three behind, but the longer I stared at it the more confused I got and I don’t even know anymore.

BOLIN(combustion specialist). Reply:

Check closely, it looks like floating heads on a chair

8. BOLIN(combustion specialist). Said: Comment by BOLIN(combustion specialist). on April 15, 2014 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

What are those, i wasn’t expecting this, they look like aliens in disguise.

9. Jonathan Gathers Said: Comment by Jonathan Gathers on April 16, 2014 at 8:45 am | Permalink

To me it looks like a man in Waterbender garb, like Unalaq or Tonraq.

10. Jon Said: Comment by Jon on May 3, 2014 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

Other than it looking like White Lotus members, I’m not sure of the setting or anything else about it