Book 3 USA Premiere June 27th, NEXT WEEK!!!

AT LAST. We have the Book 3 premiere date. Thanks to IGN we now know that Book 3 Change will premiere on Nickelodeon on June 27th from 7pm-8pm with the first two episodes of Book 3.

K301Screen

So exactly a week from today we will have Book 3 at last.

The full airing details are as follows:

K301 A Breath Of Fresh Air will start at 7pm est, followed immediately by K302 Rebirth Of A Nation. This brings us up to 8pm est which will be the regular airing time for Book 3 (Same as the last few episodes of Book 2 after Nick finally stuck to a time) where we will also get K303 The Earth Queen.

So from 7pm to 8:30pm we will have nothing but Korra Book 3 Change.

We also get it confirmed that because the following Friday is the fourth of July the show will be taking a week off returning July 11th. Which makes sense, them not wanting to air the show on an important day where attention may be away from the episode.

We have episode descriptions for the first two episodes to go with this announcement.

K301 A Breath Of Fresh Air

After the events of Harmonic Convergence, Avatar Korra discovers that her decision to leave the spirit portals open has unexpected consequences. Wild spirit vines have overgrown Republic City and Airbenders are suddenly popping up across the four nations.

K302 Rebirth Of A Nation

Korra, Tenzin and Team Avatar search for new Airbenders in an effort to recruit them and rebuild the Air Nation. Meanwhile, a band of sinister criminals are organizing to hunt down the Avatar themselves.

Last but not least we have a clip from the first episode which you can see on IGN

My thoughts

First of all I am delighted that it is airing so early, after all of the drama with leaks and everything it is great to have everything we have wanted for so long. In fact the date is so early that I almost wish Nick would push the date back a week or two just so people have time to know that Korra is coming back. 1 week notice is very short, I really do think that everything has been a reaction to the leaks.

Most of all I am happy that we can get past the drama of Nick holding everything back and just focus on the show itself now. Onwards to Book 3 Change!

Korra junior novelization Title and Cover revealed.
Very short look at Book 2 in action
New Beginnings Clip
Korra Series Finale Midnight Release Confirmed

1. Keval Said: Comment by Keval on June 20, 2014 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

Both shocked and excited. Can’t wait to get started covering this book, as it looks incredible. I look forward to Admin Talk (4?) tomorrow!

2. PerformerFX Said: Comment by PerformerFX on June 20, 2014 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

It’s so soon and so suddendly and so uhh…

I’m confused. It happend so fast. Nickelodeon doesn’t take their advertising time and directly at the start airing 3 episodes seems to much. They wanna get it out so fast.
    Also the timeslot is bad as always. Especially for europeans.

After all: I’m putting my concerns away and looking forward to next week.

No american network will factor in the time for any other country so I don’t think that is a valid complaint.
    It is the same time that they finished Book 2 with and it leaves them time for any future 2 part episodes. I like the consistency.

At the very least this release seems super aimed at the fans, this seems like them directly trying to please us as opposed to just focusing on optimising ratings. Which is a nice sign.

3. HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Said: Comment by HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) on June 20, 2014 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

I’m going to enjoy my next Friday. Wish they did it on the 13th when Reaper’s are at their prime though 😛

4. Jadely Said: Comment by Jadely on June 20, 2014 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

I am so excited ! I can’t believe its next week. I was expecting some time late July , but this is amazing news. My fear of spoilers shall cease. The two episode descriptions sound interesting, other air Benders popping up. I can wait I wonder if its due to the spirit portal being open and its left a power to get air bending!

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

you can actually attempt to stay away from spoilers? whenever i get near any spoilers it’s the end 😛

Jadely Reply:

Yes yes I can I avoid and destroy them in my mind. Lol actually most of the time a big no there inevitable I tell you! But for book three I have been doing awesome on staying away, I only got spoiled on one thing 😀 @airavatara

5. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on June 20, 2014 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

I JUST got back from vacation and WOW WHAT NEWS!!! I literally cant believe it! Im only confused because what kind of insane marketing is this?? How do they expect to get views with basically NO ADVERTISING

stefan Reply:

Some fans thought Nick intentionally leaked the episodes to market season 3 in a unique way. It seems that Nick knows Korra has strong prescense online.

Seems a bit short notice to me too, but I do think we underestimate ourselves with how much we can spread the word around.

So close to the trailer will help them too as people are still talking about that.

6. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on June 20, 2014 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

Korra roundtables in two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 days actually.
    28th for K301
    29th for K302
    July 6th for K303

PerformerFX Reply:

How I am supposed to listen to all this? D:

No regular episodes of the podcast until Book 3 ends, so focus is completely on roundtables after Sunday.
    Only way we don’t fall a week behind is to do two roundtables next week.
    Lots of Avatar Online Podcast Content 😀

7. stefan Said: Comment by stefan on June 20, 2014 at 3:12 pm | Permalink

What Nick will reveal in SDCC? Great news anyway !

I would assume the panel will focus on the second half of Book 3 with an episode review. I think a big reveal would perhaps be the name of Book 4.
    Plus there is always the merchandise line they can talk about.

8. vman95 Said: Comment by vman95 on June 20, 2014 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

I thought K303 was titled the Earth Queen, not Meet the Family

Troy Reply:

That confused me too.

IGN’s mistake, they have corrected it to The Earth Queen since.

9. P.K.Z Said: Comment by P.K.Z on June 20, 2014 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

Yoo hoo!Finally way to go!After a long time and too many rumors korra season 3 is here!Really nice news.

10. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on June 21, 2014 at 3:07 am | Permalink

http://korratea.tumblr.com/post/89382925109/episode-descriptions No source.
    Also Zap2it.com and tvguide.com don’t have the airdate put in yet.

Read the post you commented on, we got the descriptions yesterday from IGN, just not for Episode 3.

Troy Reply:

I did read it but I forgot over night.

11. YangChen Said: Comment by YangChen on June 21, 2014 at 10:01 am | Permalink

my sister can testify as to how loud I screamed when I saw this post! so excited!!!! Will nick live stream it from the site?

Jadely Reply:

Haha I was very excited too. I almost fell down the stairs because of the news lol.

12. Atry Said: Comment by Atry on June 21, 2014 at 10:21 am | Permalink

Can I be on the podcast this time, pretty please?

NOTICE ME SENPAI, I SWEAR I’LL BE MORE MATURE THIS TIME !!!

13. Jonathan Gathers Said: Comment by Jonathan Gathers on June 21, 2014 at 11:01 am | Permalink

I have never screamed in my life. I am a quiet man… Alright, man-child. Anyway, I screeched so loud my mom thought I was dying! 🙂

Yes! Finally! I love that they are bringing airbenders back!

Jadely Reply:

@avatarjon haha that would have been quite the sight to see your moms reaction to your screeches. 😛
    I like the airbending idea but really confused. More curious then excited.
    I can’t wait 1 hour and thirty mins of pure awesomeness.

14. Steve Said: Comment by Steve on June 22, 2014 at 9:53 am | Permalink

WOOOOOOOOO SEASON 3!!!!!!

15. BOLIN(combustion specialist). Said: Comment by BOLIN(combustion specialist). on June 24, 2014 at 11:24 am | Permalink

>——-}> book 3!!!