Book 3 Change Production Complete

This is the big production update we are waiting for and thanks to Mike on Tumblr we now know that Book 3 is finished.

book3done

Mike posted on tumblr with an update after they had just finished the final sound mix of Book 3, in his post he said

Can’t believe we’ve finished an entire season’s worth of shows.

So there you have it, Book 3 is in the bag, all that is left to air it. Mike also expressed what we have known for some time that they do not control release dates and cannot really say much news-wise.

I know you are all excited to watch — believe me, we’re excited to share it with you! I wish I could say I had some news about Korra’s release date, but I’m sorry to say I don’t.

For me this is Mike’s subtle way of letting everyone know, “Don’t get mad at me, Nick decided when the show comes out, I just make it and it is done now”

This really highlights that if we have to wait until SDCC for a date/trailer that it will be an unnecessary 1 and half month wait, especially for any sort of news. Now that Book 3 is done, Nick should put out news very soon. Don’t just wait until SDCC.

Thoughts?

EPIC First Official Look at Korras Face
Episode 2 Title and Description revealed + More
The Legend of Korra Episode 5 “The Spirit Of Competition” Promo
New Book 3 image featuring Mako and Bolin in their pajamas!

1. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on June 4, 2014 at 11:08 am | Permalink

I agree, Nick should be respecting this dedicated fandom, expecally after the waste of time they did with airing Book 2.. they should really be pushing anything Legend of Korra to show us that they are sorry for the wait, right now it just shows that Nick doesnt care and they will do as they please.. Alot of fans are tweeting Nick and demanding they show some sort of date or news, maybe seeing how many fans they are upsetting, Nick might change their minds about keeping LoK in such secrecy.

2. HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Said: Comment by HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) on June 4, 2014 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

This means trailer soon!!!

3. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on June 4, 2014 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

If it takes until comic-con for a big announcement do I have Morgans permission to scream on the podcast…. Thank-you for your cooperation-/

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

you have my permission! lol

4. PerformerFX Said: Comment by PerformerFX on June 4, 2014 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

Basicially book 2 was still in production in fall last year. They made the finale ready 2 days before it aired.
    So this basically confirms that obviously book 3 could’ve been at least half aired till now. Why are they pushing it so much to fall? I really don’t understand. I think no one does.

5. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on June 4, 2014 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

Could this mean that they currently have no plans for airing book 3? or is nick being stubborn about not telling the creators? They are probably mulling over the best decision that hopefully will make us happy.

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

I think they are taking their sweet time.. with all the merchandise like the Art Book having a release date, I dont think they will just drop all production and really make a fandom unhappy.. or at least thats what im hoping.

6. P.K.Z Said: Comment by P.K.Z on June 5, 2014 at 3:49 am | Permalink

Wow this is pretty Good news after waiting that long for book 2.Nice job mike! 😀

7. Karis Said: Comment by Karis on June 5, 2014 at 8:56 pm | Permalink

At first this post got me really excited and happy, but then it made me frustrated and angry and now I’m restraining from throwing this phone at the wall. Nick better get there stuff together or else I’m gonna organize a protest and storm nick HQ.

Troy Reply:

Do a legal sit-in on the elevators so they have to climb the stairs to get to their office.

8. Da Jandy Said: Comment by Da Jandy on June 7, 2014 at 11:33 am | Permalink

Nick please don’t wait till after july if not that would make mike and bryan liars “Book 3 would be aired much faster than book 2”
    Nick book 3 and 4 are supposed to be aired this year so book 3 should air by july latest to pave way for Book 4 to air by november or december.
    Thanks “I look forward to watching book 3 and 4 this year”
    Da Jandy from Nigeria.

Book 4 realistically has no chance of airing this year, they are nowhere near finished production.
    Since they are ahead on Korra production it does mean that Book 4 could air earlier next year, but again Book 4 is still fairly early in production.