Book 3 Airing Schedule – 2 episodes each Friday from July 11th

Looks like Book 3’s airing will be Β very short, as they have just announced via twitter that their current plan is to air 2 new episodes of Book 3 Change each Friday from July 11th.

schedule.png-large

This means that assuming we get no breaks after this Friday that this is how the season will be released

July 11th – K304 In Harms Way and K305 The Metal Clan
July 18th – K306 Old Wounds and K307
July 25th – K308 and K309
August 1st – K310 and K311
August 8th – K312 and K313

While it means we will get more Korra every week, it is an insanely fast way to go through a whole Book of Korra. Personally I don’t like it just because it means that organising the Korra Roundtables for this Book will be crazy, we will either have to do 2 podcasts every week or one a week and go on past the finale. Plus I like only having one episode to digest each week, it makes each one feel so special.

Thoughts?

1. PerformerFX Said: Comment by PerformerFX on July 2, 2014 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

Kinda sad how much Nickelodeon treats TLOK right now.
    It looks like that they wanna get rid of it and wanna air it fast so it doesn’t stand them in the way anymore. They’re probably relieved when Book 4 is over and the annoying fans on twitter doesn’t scream anymore for more. Instead: Lets watch Spongebob. Those are the real shows. Really in-depth plot points and super fun and high-class comedy.

Its hard to tell what Nickelodeon really has in mind. But definitely not a proper marketing plan.

I’d like to see a third series. But it seems so unlikely now if you look at the current situation.

That is the problem, they do not know how to deal with fans who care about every single aspect of a show. All Nick want to do is air the show and treat it like any other, but we all know it is special and is more than that.
    The thing is, no other show they have has fans who care about their show as much as we do.

I think a 3rd series happening is less down to ratings and how Nick sees Avatar and more about if Mike and Bryan will want to make another Avatar series and specifically if they will want to make another Avatar series for Nick given how they treat it.
    I think the rumoured Movie could be an eye opener if Nick allow it to happen. They would have to market it and box office figures would speak so much louder than ratings with so many more people able to see it in the cinema.

stefan Reply:

If they make a movie, it would be like a one from Studio Ghibli.
    They used many ideas in Avatar and Korra. It would be interesting what the movie is about. May be Nick doesn’t want to have an Avatar movie because of the last movie.Nick wants to finish the show as quickly as possible because it doesn’t bring money like Spongebob, TMNT, or Kung Fu Panda.

2. Jadely Said: Comment by Jadely on July 2, 2014 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

I personally dislike this idea to the max, it just not as special when they air it so fast. I feel like there cramming Korra in πŸ™ its going to be a really short book . I love Korra but a whole hour , inst what I had in mind . I don’t know if they are doing this because of the leaks or the low views on the first 3 episodes, but I did like it.

3. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on July 2, 2014 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

disappointing when Mike and Bryan literally took nothing but an idea and made a series that we all hold dear to our hearts, and NICK does whatever they please, and giving no sort of appreciation to these outstanding artist and creators.. and not even giving time to let the show sink into the public, MAYBE instead of the same Spongebob every moment of the day, and getting rid of the unnecessary shows like ” Breadwinners” and rather putting on ATLA and LoK Re-runs, that would give respect where it is due, the creators. then the fandom will feel a little bit more appreciative to watching NICK and respecting them.

I mean yeah I would like to see an hour episode each week, but not if the season is only 13 episodes long, it seems like they are just wanting to rush thru the season so they can get it off the air as quick as possible.. so disrespectful to the fans and to the people who have been forced to make this show under such pressure by the NICK directors.

4. Hyriu 85 Said: Comment by Hyriu 85 on July 2, 2014 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

Well this is not something I like at all. The hour specials are special because they are an hour long and should only be used for premires, finales, or mid-season specials like ‘Beginnings.’ This makes the season so much shorter than what it should be. Doing something like this takes out suspense and much needed time for us to get more invested in the characters. While yes, we will still enjoy it and like what happens, the experiance would be so much better if it was aired properly. It takes away from the show. When the leaks came out, Mike and Brian made a post about how much time and effort is put into this show and that it is awful to see it disrespected and not being released in the proper way. Well this isn’t doing all of their hard work nearly enough justice and is a very bad idea.

5. HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Said: Comment by HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) on July 2, 2014 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

Well I assume you can call this change… They’re swiftly changing the schedule for Korra episodes. I can’t wait for episode 7 πŸ™‚

6. F.L.Z Said: Comment by F.L.Z on July 5, 2014 at 2:53 am | Permalink

I didn’t know that this book is just 13 episodes.What are they thinking?This way it’ll be finished so soon and then we have to wait so much again for next book.When for the first time I heard that this week we finally have first Korra episodes,I thought that Nick was finally giving the proper respect to this show and its fans but now I think that was just for keeping fans quit and now this is for getting rid of Korra that has low ratings because of them.They don’t even upload Korra on Nick.com anymore.So frustrating!