Book 2 voice actors annouced

Thanks to Entertainment Weekly we now know who will voice some of the new Book 2 characters.

Aubrey Plaza will voice Eska
Aaron Himelstein will voice Desna
James Remar will voice Tonraq for Book 2
Lisa Edelstein will voice Kya
Adrian LaTourelle will voice Unalaq
John Michael Higgins will voice Varrick
Richard Riehle will voice Bumi

I personally have never heard of any of these actors, but many of the shows they have done before makes this a pretty all star cast for Book 2.

Along with this we get 2 new Book 2 images

LEGEND-OF-KORRA-01LEGEND-OF-KORRA-02

Finally we get a few new pieces of info. Kya is “Sweet yet impatient” , Varrick claims to be a “Biz-Bender”, Unalaq is confirmed to be the Chief of the Northern and Southern Water Tribe (When did that happen?) he also needs Korra’s assistance.

The Legend Of Korra Episode 7 – The Aftermath Review
New clip for The Legend of Korra Episode 9 Tarrlock decieves Tenzin
The Legend Of Korra Endgame Review
K210 A New Spiritual Age Description + K209 The Guide Airs tonight at 8pm EST

1. Trey Said: Comment by Trey on July 11, 2013 at 2:40 am | Permalink

It’s saying something about your viewing habits, Airspeed, that none of those names is recognizable to you.

It certainly is, mainly that I lean towards Animation over live action and I am super picky about what live action shows I watch.

Troy Reply:

Me to and I don’t really know many actors.

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

actor names are very important but what they are doing for the show and being behind that mic is what they contribute to the show, thats what they are getting paid for. the animation and meaning of the show is what the world is getting a chance to watch.

2. Creepypastafan2000 Said: Comment by Creepypastafan2000 on July 11, 2013 at 2:40 am | Permalink

more info! =D

3. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 11, 2013 at 7:31 am | Permalink

thats quite a bit of information. though i really want to know how unalaq became chief of both tribes.

YangChen Reply:

Me too, but it makes sense to me for the two tribes to have the same government now that they are working together

4. Jon Said: Comment by Jon on July 11, 2013 at 8:31 am | Permalink

Richard Riehle is a great choice for Bumi, great casting choice!

5. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on July 11, 2013 at 10:23 am | Permalink

OH MY GOODNESS i totally called it and asked if the Avatar universe created one Chief for both Water Tribes!!! 😀 under the ”Tonraq and Unalaq Information”

this is incredible news and quite a bit of details and incredible art work photos. both pictures are amazing, the twins certianly dont give me a nice feeling, and to me, it looks like Tonraq is a bit worried.
    *is that asami in the second row?!

SDCC is tomorrow, please just give us a release date.

SDCC starts July 17th. Not tomorrow.

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

oops ): sorry i mustve read it wrong, oh well just a few days away then (:

johnny Reply:

yeah, i also get the feeling that Eska and Desna will be kind of arrogant characters. i already hope Korra will kick their butts at some point.

matius Reply:

Bolin will Eska love interest, because it shares a connection with his twin brother, the two will have a shared interest in Bolin.

6. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 11, 2013 at 11:25 am | Permalink

This is fantastic news!! I only recognize 2 actors. Richard Riehle and aubrey plaza
    richard is a GREAT actor and Aubrey is PERFECT CASTING for eska of youve seen scott pilgrim

7. KorraTheAvatar Said: Comment by KorraTheAvatar on July 11, 2013 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

I see Asami and Mako in the second picture…. XD

Ursa Reply:

i think senna (korras mother) could also be in that picture sitting in front of asami

lugacuda is a kataanger :) Reply:

yeah me too!! you are kinda like me!… i like you B) xD

8. Sogno Said: Comment by Sogno on July 11, 2013 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

Those sisters look super cool. They would be too cool for me to associate with though lol.

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

its a brother and a sister (:
    Desna is the brother on the left and his sister Eska next to him. you can tell by her creepy pointy eye makeup. lol

9. lugacuda is a kataanger :) Said: Comment by lugacuda is a kataanger :) on July 11, 2013 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

i saw Asami in the backround!!:D Mako too!! there’s someone that looks like bolin at the back… not sure if it is him…

10. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on July 12, 2013 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

Lisa Edelstein is from “House” for those who don’t know her. And for those who don’t know what “House” is, it’s kinda like Grey’s Anatomy. (Sorry if I offend someone who watches both shows, I barely watch house and I never watched grey’s anatomy, but I know they’re the same genre)

11. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on July 15, 2013 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

Why am I suddenly obsessed with the first picture? I just think of a whole scene from that one picture. Eska reminds me of Azula in that shot.

The whole scene would have something to do with Korra and publicity. While waiting for her to show up, Eska’s like, “Oh I wonder what will happen to her with what I did hehe” in that Azula kind of tone and then Desna’s like, “*sigh* sister, what did you do?”