Book 2 coming Mid April according to Janet Varney (Now confirmed to be false)

Book 2 news

Update 2/ Janet has since posted on twitter to confirm that the April posts were wrong and that we should all wait for Nick to announce it. The wait continues and Katara is losing hope 🙁

Update/ The tweet has been removed from Janet’s twitter page, it still appears as a reply to the question. This suggests that she was told to remove it, because the info was wrong or revealed too soon. What exactly it means is up in the air, she must have said April for a reason though.

Yes hope at last, Katara is delighted.

Book 2 news

Since it is only from a voice actor and we know from past experiences that they have been wrong in the past don’t consider this confirmation of April. It is definitely a good sign that after so long without a mention of a date and post Nick Upfront April has been mentioned.

Janet Varney will be attending MatsuriCon 2013 tomorrow March 29th and I believe there is going to be a panel with her. So we MAY, emphasis on may get some news.

It makes sense as a date as it would be a year on from Book 2, but we have heard nothing but “It’s not done yet” which suggest it will come later. Nick need to put out a trailer or something ASAP if this is true, as this means we are just weeks away, if true. I am definitely not going to put complete faith in this news, but it definitely makes me feel better about the release date.

Thoughts on this glimmer of hope ?

The Legend Of Korra Episode 4 – The Voice In The Night Review
The Legend Of Korra Episode 6 “And The Winner Is…” To Air Today
Korra Republic City Hustle Web series Episode 1
Pro Bending Arena game Kickstarter is live

1. Meelo Said: Comment by Meelo on March 28, 2013 at 8:12 am | Permalink

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING, mid April?! YES PLEASE

2. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on March 28, 2013 at 9:04 am | Permalink

I hope she wasn’t told otherwise because she took that tweet down.

3. Joey Said: Comment by Joey on March 28, 2013 at 9:32 am | Permalink

at least we know its close. *shrug*

That is just it, we don’t know it is soon, this is not confirmation especially since the tweet was taken down.
    It is a good sign, but with Nick not active as ever it is impossible to know if we should believe it or not.

kabir arora Reply:

Ya, but I just hope its soon

4. Atry Said: Comment by Atry on March 28, 2013 at 10:00 am | Permalink

Come to think of it, didn’t Bryan post a drawing on tumblr depicting the “Korra Book 3 crew”?

Doesn’t that mean that production on Book 2 is pretty much finished and it’s ready to air?

If that’s the case I have a feeling Bryan is also displeased with the long wait, the longer the show is held back the more retakes he has to suffer through 😀

That is the question, As far as we know Book 2 is pretty much done (perhaps a few weeks behind book 1 production). We are just waiting for Nick to announce the show.
    I would like for Mike and Bryan to come out and give us an update on if Book 2 is more or less done.
    Though would they be allowed to say
    “Book 2 is done, just waiting for Nick to announce it”

Pinkfire Reply:

Agreed. Even a 10 second trailer would please me 🙂

kabir arora Reply:

Say Something!

5. johnny Said: Comment by johnny on March 28, 2013 at 11:29 am | Permalink

damn, waiting for book 2 is like going for a roller coaster ride.
    1. you´re excited to go on the ride
    2. you have to wait way too long
    3. you loose your enthusiasm
    4. thinking about the ride gets you a bit excited again
    5. still waiting
    6. a bit of excitement again
    7. still waiting
    8. you get closer and closer to the ride and excitement rises exponentially
    9. finally it´s your turn and your heart pops from over-excitement
    that´s how it´s gonna be for me.

6. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on March 28, 2013 at 11:37 am | Permalink

hmm…im not ready to get my hopes up, because every time i do, something happens…

Exactly

~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Reply:

indeed

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

Airbending lesson#1: Patience…

Atry Reply:

Yeah, it’s not sinking in yet. I’m gonna go get a glass of lychee juice.

7. Pabu The Melon Lord Said: Comment by Pabu The Melon Lord on March 28, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

woohoo! i cant help but get excited, even if its not true. at least its something 😛

8. ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Said: Comment by ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ on March 28, 2013 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

“Yes hope at last, Katara is delighted.” XD @airspeed i loved it

9. Eska Said: Comment by Eska on March 28, 2013 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

Well… this is better than nothing. Hopefully it is correct…

10. Pinkfire Said: Comment by Pinkfire on March 28, 2013 at 6:50 pm | Permalink

I’m happy we finally hear some news about book 2. It has been months!

11. Rance100 Said: Comment by Rance100 on March 28, 2013 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

She could have took it down for many reasons but don’t you think if she posted the wrong date she would have said she messed up? It would have been the right thing to do. That’s why i believe it’s a great possiblity that Book 2 will come out in april. The only thing the negates that is no preview. Still I won’t get my hopes up….yet.

12. OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on March 28, 2013 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

At this point. .. Meh… we shall see

13. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on March 28, 2013 at 10:01 pm | Permalink

And this is why I dont keep my hopes up anymore, im glad I saw this coming

Rance100 Reply:

And my previous comment was right; If she put a wrong post up she would have said it was a mistake. Thanks for the info Kelly.

I was expecting this, not surprised at all.

Just make the wait even more frustrating, nearly every bit of information from the past few weeks has had something happen.

Nick need to do something quickly.

Amonster Reply:

I frickin’ knew it.

Jadely Reply:

Awww I had a feeling this would happen, just have to keep waiting I guess .

14. Eska Said: Comment by Eska on March 29, 2013 at 9:22 am | Permalink

This may not be false actually. Other voice actors and janet have said April in the past. Perhaps Nick has made Janet take down that tweet because of a marketing strategy.

15. Joey Said: Comment by Joey on March 29, 2013 at 10:09 am | Permalink

do you guys think theres something wrong? maybe nick doesnt want korra to air until a specific time, or maybe financial tensions? its not like any show to come on air by surprise.

16. Pinkfire Said: Comment by Pinkfire on March 29, 2013 at 6:00 pm | Permalink

Apparently Janet didn’t want to reveal any details about book 2 by fear of losing her job (according to her presence at matsuri con). Although it would be pretty stupid to fire the voice actress of the main character of the series…

I’m thinking she wasn’t lying about book two’s release being in mid-april. However, she was forced to take that tweet down as her boss/bosses probably didn’t want ANY information revealed.

So yeah, maybe Nick is planning some sort of marketing strategy.

17. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on March 30, 2013 at 6:30 am | Permalink

I am still optimistic as she said in the Tweet Kelly forwarded above to follow Nick for news plus Airspeeds e-mail from NickUK. Janet wouldn’t of told to follow Nick for a release if she wasn’t told Nick central would do the tweeting.

18. Jon Said: Comment by Jon on March 30, 2013 at 7:00 am | Permalink

A have a keen sense that Korra Book 2 won’t come out until May or June. Hopefully I’m wrong and it will truly come out in April.

19. Pinkfire Said: Comment by Pinkfire on April 5, 2013 at 10:49 am | Permalink

Actually, I was thinking…

Since Book 2 is coming out in May in the UK, this means that there is a probability that it’s coming out earlier in the US! Meaning that Janet wasn’t lying but was forced to say there was a “misunderstanding” since her bosses didn’t want any details revealed. 🙂

Then again, I might be wrong. But this is my theory for now :3

Woah, Book 2 is not coming to the UK in May, Book 1 is and they hope to air Book 2 not too soon after Book 1 ends.
    But we will almost certainly know the USA date for Book 2 before UK.

Pinkfire Reply:

Oopsie, I misunderstood, sorry 🙂

20. swifttide Said: Comment by swifttide on April 13, 2013 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Mid April? The would be fantastic! Sadly, it’s only in our hopes and dreams :'(

21. avataraang Said: Comment by avataraang on May 26, 2013 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

ok , so my guess for the legend of korra book 2 spirits release date is in june or mid june…