Book 2 Clip and Behind the Scenes

Thanks to IGN we have out first proper look at Book 2 Spirits

Korra Book 2 New

We get to see some Nick people talk to Mike and Bryan about Book 2, they mention a few things
-Spirits can take different forms
-Creature Spirits
-Light and Dark Spirits

New Spirit

We see a short clip, plus some other moments all of which are very spirit focused.

All in all this is definitely a tease ahead of a full on reveal, I doubt we will get more than this this week, but it is a great tease ahead of what I assume will be a big SDCC reveal.

Thoughts on the new clips 🙂

Bumi and Kya revealed + Pro Bending full rules
First close to finished image from Book 2
Episode titles for K210, K211 and K212
Nick.com feature reveals Korra Family Trees - New Names

1. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on June 10, 2013 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

i had just saw this! its amazing! spirits can change form. i cannot wait to see this, and airspeed, lets see what Tumblr has for us when all the fandom finds this clip!

Indeed once the initial excitement due to new stuff dies down we will really get to see what people think.
    I like what we have seen so far, very spirit focused, without spoiling how it happens or why. Very dramatic.

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

i think that is why Bryke is just making sure that this new Spirits and spirit world information is precise to the fandom.

2. TheMoonslayer Said: Comment by TheMoonslayer on June 10, 2013 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

my only concern from the clip is how different the animation seems, however it could just be something about this one scene or, it might be that the animation is still not fully completed as was the case with that clip released to the press a short while ago.

Yeah I noticed that too, only with Korra’s face in a couple of scenes though, the same scenes that seem to be the ones the press saw.
    The Spirits seem to almost purposely have a very different design/animation style to them to really show they are not from the physical world.

3. Rabadoo Said: Comment by Rabadoo on June 10, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

Hated those kids but the clips were pretty freaking awesome. Also, is it me, or does the animation style of the spirits(especially the one that pounces on Korra) really strange looking compared to everything else?

I have a feeling that is done on purpose, to really show that they are not from the physical world and are different to the spirits we have seen before.

4. Joey Said: Comment by Joey on June 10, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

That was the best animation i’ve seen EVER! now i’m psyched!

5. Nico Robin Said: Comment by Nico Robin on June 10, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

so what do you think started to make the spirit disappear at the end?

6. Jon Said: Comment by Jon on June 10, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

This is shaping up to be a very eventful month for the fandom. I’m glad that we finally get to see some clips and pic (more pics than clips). The designs of the spirits look great! I’m especially excited to see these things in action on the show!

7. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on June 10, 2013 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

im happy that they are finally releasing stuff about book 2, its about time 😀 i wonder what the light and dark spirits are supposed to be…

8. johnny Said: Comment by johnny on June 10, 2013 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

YES, i won´t be able to sleep tonight. that look on Korra´s face when the spirit attacked her… she´s experiencing a whole new form of fear than with Amon. this will be epic.

9. Eska Said: Comment by Eska on June 10, 2013 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

Looks awesome!!! 🙂 Excuse me while I scream and Fangirl

10. Sogno Said: Comment by Sogno on June 10, 2013 at 7:44 pm | Permalink

Wooo!! Finally. The spirits look REALLY awesome.

11. ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Said: Comment by ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ on June 11, 2013 at 12:24 am | Permalink

cool…

12. Meelo Said: Comment by Meelo on June 11, 2013 at 3:43 am | Permalink

THANK YOU IGN!!!!!!! This was totally awesome, korra was waterbending like katara was fighting zuko. My eyes were like 0_0 i want more! AND A RELEASE DATE!! I think it has to be this month but i wont get my hopes up…

13. Atry Said: Comment by Atry on June 11, 2013 at 3:52 am | Permalink

Ahhhh, how refreshing 🙂

14. Jadely Said: Comment by Jadely on June 11, 2013 at 11:29 am | Permalink

Wow a clip! I am actually starting to get excited.
    I love the spirit glow around the spirits .

15. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on June 11, 2013 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

OF ALL THE DAYS TO NOT HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION TILL NOW

ABOUT TO WATCH IT IM SO EXCITED!!!

16. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on June 11, 2013 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

Ok first of all wow!! Second of all what a unique animation style on the spirits!! Looks like anime can’t wait to elaborate more when I get home!!!

17. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on June 11, 2013 at 4:02 pm | Permalink

i like korra’s little twisting airbending move in the beginning, it reminds me of when zuko and azula were fighting during sozins comet, the one move he did and it became two spiraling fire balls aimed at her.

18. Korra Fan Said: Comment by Korra Fan on June 11, 2013 at 8:07 pm | Permalink

Oh my goodness was I the only one who saw the demon spirit thing turn white from the bottom up when she did some water bending around it???

johnny Reply:

no, you were not the only one. i suspect she wanted to freeze it and it wasn´t very impressed by her bending.

19. YangChen Said: Comment by YangChen on June 14, 2013 at 11:40 am | Permalink

the kids were really annoying, but AWESOME NEWS!!!!

20. Steve Said: Comment by Steve on June 14, 2013 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

Eagerly anticipating the second season’s arrival