Book 2 Animation Studio for each episode.

Animation has been a huge talking point in the built up to Korra as well as the opening 3 episodes. Now we have a confirmed list of who is animating what.

Studio Pierrot, Mir

A subscriber of popular Korra youtuber AvatarSpirit emailed Studio Mir asking them which exact episodes they worked on this Book.

It leaves us with the following breakdown.

K201 – Pierrot
K202 – Pierrot
K203 – Pierrot
K204 – Pierrot
K205 – Pierrot
K206 – Pierrot
K207 – Mir
K208 – Mir
K209 – Pierrot
K210 – Mir
K211 – Mir
K212 – Mir
K213 – Mir
K214 – Mir

Meaning 7 episodes for each company. The gap being because the Wan episodes (K207, K208) will have a different art style compared to a normal episode of Korra. Pretty interesting, I still want to know the full story of how this came about and why Pierrot are not going to be involved in Book 3 onwards as it seems.

Thoughts?

Avatar The Legend Of Korra possible name confirmation + new clips
The Legend Of Korra Television Premiere TOMORROW
Trailer For The Legend of Korra Season Finale
K209 The Guide preview clip

1. Charlie Said: Comment by Charlie on September 26, 2013 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

This was my email, I originally gave it to KorraSpirit. For proof check out http://www.reddit.com/u/CharliGo

Awesome, thanks for getting this info 🙂 It has definitely been a big talking point, how involved each studio was.

2. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on September 26, 2013 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

you know, as i think more and more about the animation studio pierrot, it kind of bugs me…i would like to see some more of studio mir

3. johnny Said: Comment by johnny on September 27, 2013 at 4:15 am | Permalink

my guess is they originally wanted Studio MIR to animate it all but they got busy with other stuff between book 1 and 2 so Pierrot had to come in to help out. and now Studio MIR perhaps has more time available so they will take care of the rest of Korra.
    in any case, i think Pierrot did a really good job. of course the look is a little different, but the animation itself is top notch. gave me smiles whenever something really awesomely animated happened.

*Slow Clap*
    One of the most balanced and logical assessments of the situation I have seen on the internet.
    I completely agree.

4. CJ Said: Comment by CJ on October 2, 2013 at 1:50 am | Permalink

It looks to me like Pierrot is doing most of the physical world animation and Mir is doing most of the spirit world animation. They’re switching to Mir for the Avatar Wan episodes, and after that it’s mostly Mir. I think it’s safe to assume that those episodes will take place more heavily in the Spirit World, while Pierrot’s are mostly in the physical world.