Book 1 Air DVD confirmed to have crew commentary

b

More DVD news has just come out courtesy of Bryan Konietzko on Tumblr.

b

His post confirms that the dvd set for Book 1 will have cast and crew commentary. Which most likely means that at least some of the episodes will have full episode commentaries.

Just had a fun DVD commentary session for Book 1 with Janet Varney (Korra), David Faustino (Mako), and Mike (Mike).

Now this does bring up the question of how soon is the set coming out. The trailer we saw a few days ago said soon, but if they are only recording the special features now, that means it is not that soon, unless the features only take a short amount of time to do.

1. Avatar of Avatar Yangchen
    Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on December 5, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

i guess that some news is better than no news… :)

2. Avatar of
    momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on December 5, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

i want to hear lin and tenzin voice actors :P

Rabadoo Reply:

Commentary from JK Simmons would be BEAUTIFUL.

Avatar of

momo2009 Reply:

but i really doubt that going to happen, i bet most of these will be with Janet Varney @ David Faustino. :?

Troy Reply:

Some epsidoes will have people other than voice actors. If you look at the ATLA DVD commentary’s we had background design, voice actors, wrighters (while that wont be LOK because Bryke wrote the episodes) and track team. We know already we get one episode commentary with these two actors and with Bryke. We may or may not get commentary’s for every episode (while probably more than one) or with other actors/ groups?

3. Avatar of Troy
    Troy Said: Comment by Troy on December 5, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

Glad. I liked the ATLA DVD commentary’s so I think these will be comparable.

4. Avatar of Joey
    Joey Said: Comment by Joey on December 5, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

I hope it gets at least announced before the end of the year. i can hardly wait to get my hands on the DVD. :D

5. Avatar of BOLIN
    BOLIN Said: Comment by BOLIN on December 6, 2012 at 4:05 am | Permalink

Nice

6. Avatar of Joey
    Joey Said: Comment by Joey on December 6, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Permalink

im gonna get confused. we cant have Varney commentate… i’ll think its Korra talking! :P

7. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on December 7, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

THE ONE DAY Im not on Tumblr!! OMG This is gonna be GREAT!!

8. Avatar of Whynnd
    Whynnd Said: Comment by Whynnd on December 8, 2012 at 10:26 am | Permalink

Say Something!

Whynnd Reply:

Oh, I’m sorry I pressed enter before I got a chance to type something.
    Here’s what I wanted to write :
    TAKE MY COPPER PIECES, I WANT A PRE-ORDER!

9. Avatar of AvatarTravis
    AvatarTravis Said: Comment by AvatarTravis on December 14, 2012 at 10:57 am | Permalink

I just realized how scary Varney looks but I love her voice!

10. Avatar of thespiritbender
    thespiritbender Said: Comment by thespiritbender on December 20, 2012 at 4:52 am | Permalink

Three words……I.NEED.THIS!!!! XD