Book 1 Air DVD confirmed to have crew commentary

b

More DVD news has just come out courtesy of Bryan Konietzko on Tumblr.

b

His post confirms that the dvd set for Book 1 will have cast and crew commentary. Which most likely means that at least some of the episodes will have full episode commentaries.

Just had a fun DVD commentary session for Book 1 with Janet Varney (Korra), David Faustino (Mako), and Mike (Mike).

Now this does bring up the question of how soon is the set coming out. The trailer we saw a few days ago said soon, but if they are only recording the special features now, that means it is not that soon, unless the features only take a short amount of time to do.

Name Confirmation - The Last Airbender Legend Of Korra
Yet Another Book 2 Image
Cast Bender Podcast Episode 67 - I am the guest host!
Korra Episode Review - K311 The Ultimatum

1. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on December 5, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

i guess that some news is better than no news… 🙂

2. momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on December 5, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

i want to hear lin and tenzin voice actors 😛

Rabadoo Reply:

Commentary from JK Simmons would be BEAUTIFUL.

momo2009 Reply:

but i really doubt that going to happen, i bet most of these will be with Janet Varney @ David Faustino. 😕

Troy Reply:

Some epsidoes will have people other than voice actors. If you look at the ATLA DVD commentary’s we had background design, voice actors, wrighters (while that wont be LOK because Bryke wrote the episodes) and track team. We know already we get one episode commentary with these two actors and with Bryke. We may or may not get commentary’s for every episode (while probably more than one) or with other actors/ groups?

3. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on December 5, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

Glad. I liked the ATLA DVD commentary’s so I think these will be comparable.

4. Joey Said: Comment by Joey on December 5, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

I hope it gets at least announced before the end of the year. i can hardly wait to get my hands on the DVD. 😀

5. BOLIN(combustion specialist). Said: Comment by BOLIN(combustion specialist). on December 6, 2012 at 4:05 am | Permalink

Nice

6. Joey Said: Comment by Joey on December 6, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Permalink

im gonna get confused. we cant have Varney commentate… i’ll think its Korra talking! 😛

7. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on December 7, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

THE ONE DAY Im not on Tumblr!! OMG This is gonna be GREAT!!

8. alex Said: Comment by alex on December 8, 2012 at 10:26 am | Permalink

Say Something!

alex Reply:

Oh, I’m sorry I pressed enter before I got a chance to type something.
    Here’s what I wanted to write :
    TAKE MY COPPER PIECES, I WANT A PRE-ORDER!

9. Krazyasian808 Said: Comment by Krazyasian808 on December 14, 2012 at 10:57 am | Permalink

I just realized how scary Varney looks but I love her voice!

10. thespiritbender Said: Comment by thespiritbender on December 20, 2012 at 4:52 am | Permalink

Three words……I.NEED.THIS!!!! XD