Avatar The Legend of Korra – News, Resources, and Information

First Look at Korras Face in Avatar The Legend of Korra

Avatar The Legend of Korra Quick Links

About Avatar The Legend of Korra

The Legend of Korra and friends

Officially titled “The Legend of Korra” this new series is set 70 years after the events that occurred with Aang and crew in Avatar The Last Airbender. The series features a young Avatar in training named Korra who is the next Avatar after Aang.

The Legend of Korra Book 1 – Air
In Book 1 of The Legend of Korra, Korra has already mastered Water, Earth, and Fire under the training of the White Lotus. She then begins her Airbending training under Tenzin who is Aangs son, and lives in Republic City, a city which was setup by Aang and Zuko. Korra quickly realizes that things in Republic City are not all well and that her duties as an Avatar will be tested against Amon, the mysterious leader of the “Equalist” movement which threatens to throw Republic City into all out war.

The Legend of Korra Book 2
Not much is known about the second installment of The Legend of Korra franchise. Find all that we know so far about The Legend of Korra Book 2.

Airdate is unknown but according to series creator Bryan Konietzko it is under 2 years away.

More Korra Episodes
26 more episodes have been commissioned by Nickelodeon. They will presumably be set after the events of The Legend of Korra Book 2, nothing is known about the air date, plot line, etc..

When the 26 episodes are completed it will mean 52 Korra episodes will be aired in all.

Frequently Asked Korra Questions

• When Will Avatar The Legend of Korra Book 2 Air? – No Concrete Air Date has yet been given, Korra series Creator Bryan Konietzko has informed us that it will be under 2 years
  • Will Aang and other Characters be in the Show? – The series is set 70 years in the future so all of the old characters will have passed on, however the results of their life work and other similar occurrences will definitely be seen.  Flashbacks and the like have already been seen in Korra book 1.
  • Will the Cabbage Merchant be in The Legend of Korra? – A very important question 🙂 , the creators have said his “legacy” will be in the series in some way.  We saw that with Cabbage Corp. 🙂
  • Are Sky Bison (Appa) and Flying Lemurs (Momo) Going to be in the show? – Yes, Aang found a “lost herd” of Sky Bison and was able to help keep the species alive, Flying Lemurs will also be present.
  • How many Korra Episodes will there be? – Korra has 52 planned episodes. With 12 Episodes already being Aired in Book 1.

Avatar The Legend Of Korra Cast & Crew

Many of the original Cast and Crew of Avatar The Last Airbender are back in full force to make The Legend of Korra Amazing!

• Michael Dante DiMartino, and Bryan Konietzko – Authors and Creators
  • The Track Team (Jeremy Zuckerman, Benjamin Wynn) – Composers
  • Janet Varney – As Korra
  • JK Simmons – As Tenzin
  • Dante Basco – General Iroh
  • David Faustino – Mako
  • PJ Byrne – Bolin
  • Seychelle Gabrielle – Asami

See All Avatar The Legend of Korra Cast Members

Important Legend of Korra Links

There is too much information about the exciting new series to be covered in one page, so be sure to check out all the info below.

The Legend of Korra is brought to you by the same creators who made Avatar The Last Airbender and is an incredible continuation of the series. It features some of the most breathtaking artwork, music, and voice-work that has created an incredibly large fan base of people of all ages.

Hey everyone, I'm the Administrator / Programmer of the site. I love anything that's awesome, and am looking for new hobbies. Let me know if you have any ideas :)

Tonraq and Unalaq Information (Update - Eska, Desna and Varrick info)
Cast Bender Podcast Episode 67 - I am the guest host!
The Legend Of Korra Book 3 Change Awards - Voting Closed
K412 Day Of The Colossus Preview Clip

1. Airbender Prodigy Said: Comment by Airbender Prodigy on September 22, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

I am definitely looking forward to seeing someone LEARN airbending, that should be pretty amusing (=

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah, especially the Tenzin / Korra dynamic, that seems like it’ll be very interesting to see.

yangchen Reply:

when was this avatar korras story going to start?

AirBendingSlice Reply:

me to!

2. Tracy Said: Comment by Tracy on September 23, 2011 at 7:39 am | Permalink

This just makes it all the more exciting. I love the pics you posted, too!

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Thanks!

3. Hope Said: Comment by Hope on September 24, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

Just a minor correction: that Bolin guy has a pet Fire Ferret (basically a red ferret) named Paboo, not a lemur. They still have sky bison and flying lemurs though, they just look a’we bit different. For example, the tails of the new lemurs are completely covered in black and white stripes, unlike Momo’s tail, where the black and white stripe pattern is only on the tip of his tail.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Good to know, didn’t one of the new characters have a Pet Lemur? I thought I remember reading that.

No, it was just mentioned that the new species of Lemur was discovered and that they will play a bigger role in Season 2. The Panel news post I wrote up has everything we know about the lemurs.

Bolin will have Pabu/Paboo as his pet, it would be a bit too similar to have another character have a lemur as a pet.

4. Sylvia L. Said: Comment by Sylvia L. on September 26, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

I am so excited! Why can’t it come out sooner 🙁 it seems like there is so much info and there is a trailer, so it should be coming out sooner. I want them to do their best though.

buddab123 Reply:

I agree. It does need to come out sooner. I know it takes long but I’ve heard about the show sence 2010.

5. Stefan F. Said: Comment by Stefan F. on October 2, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

Legend of Korry will be produced, cause the Producer of ATLA want more money.
    I will see the Series, cause I loved ATLA, but I think it will be very very bad or very very great!

6. luki Said: Comment by luki on October 16, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

i can`t wait to come out i hate to wait!

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah I can’t wait, it’s going to be Awesome!

7. BrokeBender Said: Comment by BrokeBender on October 18, 2011 at 9:57 am | Permalink

Airship slice!

8. dmuthu91 Said: Comment by dmuthu91 on November 1, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Permalink

Whay about the Tenzin’s children? Are there any benders? And what happened to Sakka and Suki? Do they have children??

Admin / Jordash Reply:

We’ll be finding all that out when the show premieres. Tenzins children all appear to be benders.

9. TheFirstAvatar Said: Comment by TheFirstAvatar on November 23, 2011 at 2:26 am | Permalink

There is no way this could continue while aang is still alive. Because there can only be one existing avatar.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yep exactly, Aang has passed on in this series.

buddab123 Reply:

they didn’t have to put Korra in it.

10. jaleelion Said: Comment by jaleelion on November 27, 2011 at 9:01 am | Permalink

I think I was misunderstood. I didn’t mean to have two avatars at once. What I meant by having elements of the Korra story in an ATLA continuation was not have Korra in it necessarily but to include te plot elements. .

11. Charlotte Said: Comment by Charlotte on December 2, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Permalink

Thank you for feeding my Avatar addiction. 😀 I flipped out when you mentioned cabbage guy is going to be continued!! He was hilarious! I wish The Legend of Korra could come out sooner!!!

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah, it can’t come out soon enough!

12. clarissa Said: Comment by clarissa on December 3, 2011 at 11:50 am | Permalink

I was thinking if the show will be done quickly it would be great but if not better bacause they could have a lot of time to think about it their very well. Hope the series will be more interesting to watch.

13. juvenson joseph Said: Comment by juvenson joseph on December 10, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Permalink

i love the show n i cant wait for the next avatar the last airbender legend of korra…but please i have to say the movie was suck…im sure im not the only one who has approved…..please i know you guys can do much more ….i still have hope you guys are the best on what you does…make me proud

14. Wonder Said: Comment by Wonder on December 16, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

What about zuko and mai? I suggest the republic city should be located in southern air temple

15. Wolf Bat Said: Comment by Wolf Bat on December 25, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

I can’t wait for Korra!

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Same here

Kristina Reply:

Me tooo

Water Bending Master Reply:

Me three i cant wait avatar was my fave so im hopin it will be awesome like The Last Airbender.

Airbender Prodigy Reply:

I hope you don’t mean the movie…
    But yea, I can’t wait for it either.

AirBendingSlice Reply:

SAME

16. Alice Said: Comment by Alice on December 26, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

I cannot wait until this comes out! I was a huge ATLA dork, and I am so excited for this! My friends probably will be too. I just wanna know what happened to everyone from the original series.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah, i’m super excited for Korra!

17. excited4korra Said: Comment by excited4korra on December 28, 2011 at 10:30 am | Permalink

I can’t wait!!! 2012 is almost here :D. When is it released again??!

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Everyone’s hoping for Mid 2012 (So sometime May or June possibly?)

18. Michelle Said: Comment by Michelle on December 28, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

@jaleelion I agree with you!!!!

19. Irene Said: Comment by Irene on December 30, 2011 at 11:18 am | Permalink

Love it! Even while watching the previous series I was wondering what would happen if the Avatar was a female and now we get to see it.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah I think it’s going to be awesome!

20. TechMonk Said: Comment by TechMonk on December 31, 2011 at 12:47 am | Permalink

Korra looks so amazing!

AirBendingSlice Reply:

I agree

21. Admin / Jordash Said: Comment by Admin / Jordash on December 31, 2011 at 12:48 am | Permalink

That it does.

22. Abla Fuck Said: Comment by Abla Fuck on January 3, 2012 at 11:44 am | Permalink

That’s the Promise Trilogy’s job!

23. kotara Said: Comment by kotara on January 5, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

sweet that is great news

24. kotara Said: Comment by kotara on January 5, 2012 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

about the new series

25. LadiSadi Said: Comment by LadiSadi on January 8, 2012 at 2:38 am | Permalink

I understand why Aang has to be gone. Korra cannot exist as the avatar if Aang is still alive, but why does everyone else have to be dead? Boomy (probably spelled wrong) and other of Aang’s friends lived into their hundreds….

Part of it is so that the focus of the show is on the new characters and they are not forced/tempted to constantly bring in older Toph or Sokka.
    Katara is alive in Korra, we know that, and I think that is all that is needed really of ATLA characters in Korra.
    As for why the rest died much younger than some other characters, Bumi and Kyoshi are the exceptions not the norm, we know of like 3 characters who lived to be over 100: Bumi, Sozin and Kyoshi, technically Aang but physically he was still 12.

WaterKatara Reply:

I understand why they would have Katara be the one who is still alive. First, i think because of her healing abilities she would live longer just because she possesses that ability. Also the creators would keep her alive since she is a water bender who would help train Korra

26. AirBendingSlice Said: Comment by AirBendingSlice on January 22, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

AIRBENDINGSLICE was here 🙂 I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. AirBendingSlice Said: Comment by AirBendingSlice on January 22, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

as much as i would of liked that i would also like tp explore a new avatar