Avatar Online Podcast Special – San Diego Comic Con 2012 Discussion

ATLA Poster
Listed as: Podcast

ATLA Poster

Amazing poster, but unfortunately only available at SDCC 2012

The Avatar Online Podcasts is back for the second time this week to present to you a discussion and summary of the Korra information that came out of SDCC 2012 which is just finishing up.

Morgan (Airspeed Prime) is joined by Callum (Badgermole1) and Nick (Cosmobender) to talk and speculate a bit about everything Avatar at SDCC this year, from the book 2 news to out thoughts on the exclusive merchandise that people at the show could buy.

00:00:00 – Intro, Nick talks about his upcoming Avatar Community Game he is working on.

Check out his Tumblr page for Updates on how the game is progressing, http://cosmobender.tumblr.com/

and if you think you can help out with the game check out the thread about the game, http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com/groups/avatar-world/forum/topic/avatar-the-last-airbender-online-community-game/

00:05:10 – We discuss all the Korra comic con news SPOILER WARNING some Book 2 story is revealed though it is not too bad, Check out this news post to follow along with us. http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com/sdcc-2012-korra-panel-information/

Script Reading is here – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jJdMjYdTMM

Animatics here – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W62gTP0mEKg

END

Download the MP3 here (Right Click -> Save As)

Or just click once to listen.

Podcast is just under 70 minutes long

Podcast RSS Feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/avatarpodcast

Itunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/avatar-last-airbender-podcast/id512736597
Just search “Avatar Online in podcasts” Please give us some positive feedback to help spread the show. A 5 Star Review would be tremendous.

If you have any listener Questions or suggestions ask them here

Or the email address
avataronlinepodcast@gmail.com

Avatar Online Podcast Episode 48
Avatar Online Podcast Special - Book 3 Change Awards Results Show!
Korra Roundtable Podcast - K406 Battle Of Zaofu
The Movers Podcast - Dragon Ball Z Kai

1. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 15, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

oh God I just finished ONE 2 hour podcast, ill save this one for tomorrow, as much As I think u guys are great I cant listen to you for 4 hours straight LOL
    Cant wait to listen to this tomorrow!! 🙂

Ricardo Reply:

Actually, it was near 3 hours O.O
    But I was thinking along the same lines, can’t watch another 3 hour podcast. 😛
    Need to actually get some work done, try as I might, I just can’t focus on listening and typing up essays at the same time. I found that out earlier today, my head just tunes out whatever I’m not currently doing.

Oh my mistake, the podcast is actually only 70 minutes long *goes to edit post*

Kelly Reply:

LOL OK whoops now its midnigtht, Ill just listen tomorrow 🙂

2. Avatar Amanda Said: Comment by Avatar Amanda on July 15, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

I watched the script reading and I burst out laughing when David tried to kiss Janet!!! I bet the fans were thinking about how this should have happened in the scene.

Ricardo Reply:

Yup! If you read some of the Youtube comments, the majority are:
    “12:52 should have been in the series!” 😛

3. OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on July 15, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

just got home, starting my listen 🙂

4. Cynthia Mckitty Said: Comment by Cynthia Mckitty on July 15, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

I am listening now,I want to know all I can for Book 2.

5. vman95 Said: Comment by vman95 on July 15, 2012 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

pj byrne was awesome in the reading

Ricardo Reply:

Yeah, he was totally in the ‘mood’ as if in real life, he is also Bolin 😛

6. ilian124 Said: Comment by ilian124 on July 15, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Permalink

all I can say is….AWESOME POSTER!!!!

~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Reply:

i TOTALLY agree with u!!! who couldnt LOVE this poster?

theboulder923 Reply:

All of them look awesome! Especially Zuko!

Luca Reply:

Totally agree 🙂 (Aang and toph are the best though i have to admit)

7. Cynthia Mckitty Said: Comment by Cynthia Mckitty on July 15, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Permalink

Wow! It all sounds so great! I can’t wait to see all the stuff on the creation of the first Avatar and things like that, I think Book 2 sounds like it could be better than the first Book!

8. Lauren Said: Comment by Lauren on July 15, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Permalink

Oh gosh I will have to save this one to listen to a little later this week, I just now downloaded the other one to listen to! I’m not at all complaining though, I love listening to podcasts, and yours is one of the best! I can’t wait to give it a listen :D!

9. Lauren Said: Comment by Lauren on July 15, 2012 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

Oh, and that poster is amazing! I just stared at it analyzing every detail for about five minutes. It’s so amazing to see them all now. It seems like their ages are younger than when we see them in Korra’s flashback, but it may just be the animation.

10. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on July 15, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Permalink

i just got done listening and i must say that i wish i had changed my answer to the most emotional moment.. i put when korra lost her bending and didnt go into avatar state, yeah that was super sad but when lin sacrificed her bending to save the last family of airbenders, thats jusy a twist in your gut. but i loved the podcast and im ready for more!

11. Brandy Said: Comment by Brandy on July 15, 2012 at 10:29 pm | Permalink

Got finished listening not too long ago. Another great podcast you guys! Loved the in-depth analysis that I had never really thought that much about before. I really wish I could have one of those posters though. They look amazing!

12. emaralez Said: Comment by emaralez on July 16, 2012 at 12:28 am | Permalink

oh it’s so exciting… sadly I have no headphones on my work places… & opportunity to listen something longer then 5 minutes XD but first I’ll do when come home – listen ALL OF THESE !)))))))))
    now reading…

THANK YOU FOR OCCASION TO KNOW ALL THIS AWESOME STUFF!

13. Admin / Jordash Said: Comment by Admin / Jordash on July 16, 2012 at 1:44 am | Permalink

What programming language is the game being written in? Sounds interesting?

Ricardo Reply:

It’s being coded in Gamemaker using exclusively GML, which is a combiniation of java/C++/Delphi.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Nice that sounds awesome!

14. Haikai Said: Comment by Haikai on July 16, 2012 at 10:48 am | Permalink

Thats pretty cool to find out that you guys like Halo, i’m a huge fan.

15. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 16, 2012 at 11:45 am | Permalink

cool, theres a podcast for the comic con 🙂

16. avatarjavier Said: Comment by avatarjavier on July 16, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

incredible podcast enjoyed every minute of it!!! i am really impressed with airspeed he seems like a guy who really gets into what he is doing with such professionalism! keep the great work guys! 🙂

Thanks for the compliment, first time the word professional has been used to describe anything to do with the podcast 🙂

Kelly Reply:

Im surprised I never said it! You really do act professional on podcasts great job all of you!

17. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 16, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

LISTENING NOW 🙂

18. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 16, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

i cant wait to listen to the podcast. 🙂 🙂 🙂

19. Cosmobender Said: Comment by Cosmobender on July 16, 2012 at 11:21 pm | Permalink

Finally got around to watching the panel for SDCC, I have to say, I’m very impressed! Loved the script reading, loved the art display. Overall, I think that this has been a CC that we have all walked away from satisfied.

20. Luca Said: Comment by Luca on July 17, 2012 at 12:36 am | Permalink

LOVE that picture its so cool really wish korra would see more visions of Aangs past too

21. epicbender_01 Said: Comment by epicbender_01 on July 17, 2012 at 8:46 am | Permalink

The POSTER IS SO COOL I miss ATLA. GO TEAM AVATAR!!!

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

nice profile picture 🙂

22. ViSte Said: Comment by ViSte on July 17, 2012 at 9:05 pm | Permalink

I love how Sokka and Zuko seem to have really bonded in the poster. I also love everything else.

23. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 18, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

i love the poster!!

24. Narisa Said: Comment by Narisa on July 18, 2012 at 8:40 pm | Permalink

I LOVE IT! Wish I could have one…

Luca Reply:

Nice Profile Picture 🙂

25. dia14 Said: Comment by dia14 on July 24, 2012 at 3:39 am | Permalink

so cool i love avatar ad i wont to be avatar
    and i want be tofh

26. Peace Said: Comment by Peace on July 26, 2012 at 8:24 am | Permalink

Love it !

27. Hannah230 Said: Comment by Hannah230 on July 31, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Permalink

Okay I know that I should read all of this before I start to comment, but I just can’t get over Zuko

28. alenka Said: Comment by alenka on September 24, 2012 at 10:38 am | Permalink

i just love it <3!!