Avatar Online Podcast Special – Book 1 Air Awards

Award image
Listed as: Podcast

Yes after weeks of voting and hours of vote counting the Avatar Awards Results podcast is finally here.

Award image

Put on your finest clothes and join Morgan (Airspeed Prime), Callum (Badgermole1) and Rich (O.G.Sokka) on the red carpet as the results of the long awaited Korra Book 1 Air Awards are revealed.

We first explain who we each voted for individually before the results are read out including the vote breakdown.

Tell us in the comments below, in the thread for this episode or via email your own thoughts on the results, was there something that shocked you that won or something you were sure would prevail.

Check out the awards post here for more of those votes,  http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com/legend-korra-book-1-air-awards/

Download the MP3 here (Right Click -> Save As)

Or just click once to listen.

Podcast is just under 170 minutes long

Podcast RSS Feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/avatarpodcast

Itunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/avatar-last-airbender-podcast/id512736597
Just search “Avatar Online in podcasts” Please give us some positive feedback to help spread the show. A 5 Star Review would be tremendous.

If you have any listener Questions or suggestions ask them here

Or the email address
avataronlinepodcast@gmail.com

1. Avatar of Ricardo
    Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on July 15, 2012 at 4:45 am | Permalink

Dun… dun… dun!

Great job guys, I’m going to listen to it just as soon as it finishes downloading :P

2. Avatar of Ricardo
    Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on July 15, 2012 at 7:44 am | Permalink

Callum: “We’re going to die on this podcast”.
    Does not one member of the team have a positive view on things? :P
    You should change the name to the ‘morbid podcast’.

At least the podcast ended with “That was fun” :D
    It was fun listening to it too.

Callum Fryars Reply:

I try and stay positive! :D

Same, I was the only one who answered the most attractive male properly and I stayed positive about Book 1 at the end.

Ricardo Reply:

I know, I know guys :D
    It was, as usual, very well done.
    I’m not overly surprised about most of the results though, but it’s still good to hear them finalised.

You know I was just kidding right? ;)

Yeah, just playing off the random moments of talking about death that seem to pop up on the podcast unusually regularly, lol

3. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 15, 2012 at 9:04 am | Permalink

LISTENING!! Ive been looking forward to this!

4. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 15, 2012 at 9:20 am | Permalink

LOL I chose a quote I only voted for too didnt I airspeed, I still wouldnt change it though I love that quote.
    “The arena may be shut down, but were stilla Team, THE NEW TEAM AVATAR!!” – Bolin
    YEAH TEAM AVATAR

I believe so, *Checks count* yes only you voted for that one.

5. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 15, 2012 at 11:59 am | Permalink

LOL awkward with the most attractive character. You guys need me on this podcast dont you LOL. Im just kidding, but Like I said maybe someday!!

Yeah I just tried to have a bit of fun with that one since we had no ladies on the podcast, I had a feeling no one would want to go into that one so I said “why not, it will at least be funny”

I was actually quite surprised how most votes just went out and voted for both male and female with very few awkward “Ehhhh” moments. Shows how open the fandom is that the fandom is willing to have a bit of fun with them :)

6. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 15, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

Rich, Asami and Mako are 18 just to clarify :)

OG Sokka Reply:

Yea sometimes its hard to think when you know your being recorded lol

Kelly Reply:

Oh I Understand, It I just wanted to let you know! :)

7. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 15, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

YES J.K simmons won!! I thought he did an amazing job, and I have to agree rich I didnt really love Janet as Korra at first, but She got better and it grew on me over time. My second vote would be PJ because he did such a great job.
    Also I felt JK had the most believable and Consistent Voice on the whole show as Tenzin

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

his voice, simply his voice is why i thing he is such a great actor / voice actor.

8. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 15, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

….. oh my god the vote for the most surprising part of korra I misunderstood… Sorry I took it as the most surprising moment of the show, I should have assumed you just meant what was surprisingly good about it :/

9. Avatar of Cynthia Mckitty
    Cynthia Mckitty Said: Comment by Cynthia Mckitty on July 15, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

I am listening right now! Can not wait to hear all the results!

10. Avatar of Brandy
    Brandy Said: Comment by Brandy on July 15, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

Haha you guys are so silly! This is the first one I listened to all the way through and it was easy to listen to because you guys are just coming together and having fun.

I mistook the most surprising and the most disappointing thing about Korra as about the character Korra itself, so my vote probably seems out there lol

Yeah we always have lots of fun doing these podcasts. I find the regular episodes the most fun to do because there is usually a wide range of topics, especially when we have a few listener questions.

Brandy Reply:

I should probably try to listen to these regularly then. I always got turned off at how long they were. How do you send in a listener question?

Brandy Reply:

Please ignore this comment *facepalm* woww…

Regarding Podcast length, quite simply good discussion requires time, a good podcast requires good discussion.

We could easily do all under 1 hour shows, but I would not be happy with putting out those shows as they would not be in depth.

Email is probably the best way to send in a question, linked at the end of the post as I think you just found out, lol

11. Avatar of Haikai
    Haikai Said: Comment by Haikai on July 15, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

Why so awkward? Korra looks really good.

OG Sokka Reply:

Yea Korra is super hot but I’m 33 so if it didn’t make me feel “just a wee bit awkard” I would have “Creeper type problems” lol

My niece is 16 so I guess its just an Uncle type thing buddy

Haikai Reply:

lol yea, but im 17 so its not awkard for me

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

lmao and you have to remember, shes a fictional character. but i completely understand where your coming from. for the awards, i wanted to choose Jinora for most attractive female, because she is so adorable! but again that “creeper” thing for her being a child, people might have looked at it the wrong way.

12. Avatar of Haikai
    Haikai Said: Comment by Haikai on July 15, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

Also i agree about the merchandise, but i’m optimistic that some will come eventually.

13. Avatar of Water-Tribe Heart
    Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on July 15, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

downloading as i type! (:

14. Avatar of Cynthia Mckitty
    Cynthia Mckitty Said: Comment by Cynthia Mckitty on July 15, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

First Podcast I have listened to, I think I will listen to more from now on since you sound like you have so much fun, I also want to say thanks for doing them!

I think it was great I liked the winners and runners up,some may have been suprising while others not so much but what can ya say it was exciting to listen to!

I do think you should think about adding a female to your podcasts thought because a female can give a diffrent look at things from a woman’s perspective like on the most attractive male thing for examaple, but you guys are great already!

I did not get to vote on this one but I will on the next one!

OG Sokka Reply:

^^ You = Female …. Would you like to join us? Lets get the AvatarWoman power thing going… like yesterday

Lauren Reply:

Haha I agree with that. Your comment still made me laugh! “AvatarWoman”

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

OMG. i would like to join! i have my daughter to watch and take care of sometimes but when i can get a chance i would love to record my thoughts and opinions about avatar and be that said female perspective. i dont want to say that i will and can do a podcast anytime because i work and take care of Katara and i dont want to let any of yall down so i will say when and if i can and if you guys will let me i would be soooo thrilled to join in!

Cool, just so you have an idea of when we record.

We record Saturday or Sunday, varies from week to week.
    At 11am Central time, though we can do 1, 2 or 3 hours later if needed.

All anyone participating needs is a headset or a mic and headphones (just make sure the audio quality of the mic is clear)
    Skype which is free.
    And the Audio recording program, Audacity, which is also free.
    And I guess just a good command of English, we are open to having people from not primarily english speaking countries on, but we want our shows to be easy to listen to :)

Thanks for listening, as for female hosts, we are open to having more or less anyone on the podcast assuming they have a mic, can record around the time we record and can speak reasonably well about Avatar.
    It has just happened so far that only guys have been on, we would love to have a female perspective on the podcast as this fandom is half and half, male and female. We had organised a girl to be on one a few weeks ago, but something came up and she has not got back in contact with me.

Lauren Reply:

I would love to do it too sometime. The only thing I don’t have is a mic, but I had planned on getting one within the next few weeks. I can record on the weekend any of those times. My only downfall are my nerves, but once I chat a little bit I get over that really quick especially if I’m talking about something I really enjoy haha.

OG Sokka Reply:

we will shoot the giggles with you for 20 minutes before we record. no worries Lauren you will get to know all of us and feel cool before u start

Yeah we always have a preshow chat, to talk a bit through the show we have planned and just get used to everyone on the cast.
    Once we start is it just some people talking about Avatar, I usually forget we are recording until we take an intermission.

Lauren Reply:

Okay then! I will hurry up and get a mic within the next week or so and message you all once I have it. The built in mic on my laptop isn’t the greatest. I’ve been wanting to be on the podcast for awhile, just never got my nerve up to say! xD I’m happy I did now though.

Cynthia Mckitty Reply:

I would love to but I do not have a mic or anything else you mentioned! Maybe someday!

15. Avatar of Lauren
    Lauren Said: Comment by Lauren on July 15, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Permalink

I’ve been looking forward to this, I will be listening to it as soon as it downloads :D.

16. Avatar of FireSageGuntur
    FireSageGuntur Said: Comment by FireSageGuntur on July 17, 2012 at 7:31 am | Permalink

Great podcast guys! This was the first one I listened to in its entirety because I was engaged, and it will definitely not be the last! You guys are really good commentators, props for giving your opinions, even if they were a little unpopular *cough*callum*cough* haha. It was very entertaining, Thanks!

FireSageGuntur Reply:

When I said this was the first one I listened to in its entirety, I didn’t mean I stopped listening to the others halfway, only that this was the first one I attempted to listen to and was entertained the whole way through :)

Thanks for listening and commenting, always nice to see.

FireSageGuntur Reply:

My pleasure! You guys are great commentators and give witty, intelligent answers that I think everyone enjoys. Thanks again for the awesome podcast(s) !

17. Avatar of Avatar Yangchen
    Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 17, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

great podcast :)

18. Avatar of Greg2Bender
    Greg2Bender Said: Comment by Greg2Bender on July 18, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Permalink

Took me a while to get to it and finish but I was fun to listen to. You three are just ridiculous sometimes, but in a good way.

19. Avatar of Tea Drinking Uncle
    Tea Drinking Uncle Said: Comment by Tea Drinking Uncle on July 21, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Permalink

Excellent podcast! was a lot of fun to listen to!

Hannah230 Reply:

I second that

20. Avatar of Hyriu 85
    Hyriu 85 Said: Comment by Hyriu 85 on December 30, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Permalink

@airspeed I just listened to the part of Most Attractive Male Character and started crying from laughing so hard lol and I didn’t chicken out either and said something like Pabu or anything I voted for Mako lol.