Avatar Online Podcast Special – The Promise Part 3

The-Promise-Covers
Listed as: Podcast

Avatar Online Podcast Special – The Promise Part 3 – September 30th 2012

The-Promise-Covers

Morgan (Airspeed Prime), Kelly (Gemini530) and Callum (Badgermole1) make up for last weeks Skype ruined podcast with this  feature length Podcast Special all about the newly released comic, The Promise Part 3, the conclusion to the Promise series. We discuss the book in depth, talk about the series as a whole and speculate about The Search, not to mention some Avatar Awards for the series.

00:00:00 – Intro
00:00:48 –  Opening
00:02:04 – The Promise Part 3 Review
02:01:10 – A look at the series as a whole
02:05:45 – The Promise Awards
02:27:05 – The Search Speculation
END

Download the MP3 here (Right Click -> Save As)

Or just click once to listen.

Podcast is just over  160 minutes long

Podcast RSS Feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/avatarpodcast

Itunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/avatar-last-airbender-podcast/id512736597
Just search “Avatar Online in podcasts” Please give us some positive feedback to help spread the show. A 5 Star Review would be tremendous.

If you have any listener Questions or suggestions ask them here

Or the email address
avataronlinepodcast@gmail.com

Avatar Online Podcast Special - The Search Part 2 Review
Korra Roundtable Podcast - K410 Operation Beifong
The Movers Podcast Episode 38 - Shirobako
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 154 - Top 5 ATLA Music Lists

1. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on September 30, 2012 at 7:23 am | Permalink

You’re not giving a ton of details on what happened to the Promise Pt. 3 right? I’m gonna listen to it after breakfast and can’t wait for speculation

momo2009 Reply:

“discuss the book in depth’ i think they will go over everything 😉

We effectively read through the book giving in depth thoughts on every scene, so this will completely spoil the book.

KoolKorra Reply:

hmm, maybe i can skip that part and once i get the Promise Pt. 3, i’ll play the podcast again

KoolKorra Reply:

wait, is the indepth thing in the review or looking at it as a whole?

2. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on September 30, 2012 at 8:00 am | Permalink

you know what? I’m gonna play the whole thing anyway. I’m working on my project so that’ll drag my attention from the podcast.

KoolKorra Reply:

wait, this book goes into the future? I heard something about Kelly talking about Kya and kiss

There is one panel in the book where Katara tells Aang that she has been thinking about her future with Aang and we get a lovely panel of an older Aang and Katara in their early 20’s or so holding their first child, which we assume is Kya.

momo2009 Reply:

duh it kya, cause she the oldest. 😛

KoolKorra Reply:

Thanks airspeed and Thanks a lot! Now i’m going crazy over this book. I’ve been listening in some parts while i was working and i heard the fan club got tattoos. seriously? I’m a fan of Aang but i would NEVER get airbender tattoos. I’m not allowed to anyway.

3. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on September 30, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Permalink

im so excited for this podcast 😀

4. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on September 30, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

O my gosh!!! I can’t believe the fan club became the air acolytes!!!!

When i heard Kelly say that, my jaw dropped and then i started clapping slowly (flameo, flameo)

Flameo Airspeed, Kelly and Callum! Actually, i’m not done yet. I had to start it over about 2 hours ago and now i can’t believe i’m listening to spoilers pfft.

KoolKorra Reply:

Now i actually finished. I’m listening to it again. I think i still have some work to do even though i’m sorta done with typing. I just need to get it ready for print.

Ink smudging? Aww i hope my book doesn’t get smudged ink. I’m getting it on amazon so hopefully, it won’t.

Kelly Reply:

Yeah part 3 was the only book I didnt get at amazon and bought at a legit comic book store, Its not awful just some slightly damaged panels here and there. maybe when you order it they take really good care of it.
    and thanks for liking the podcast 🙂

5. OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on September 30, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Great job you guys, wish I could have made it. One note the “spikey ball thing” from page 57 is also referenced on page 10 and is called a meteor hammer and IMO looks to be a predecessor of the metal bending chains the police use in Korra

momo2009 Reply:

i think it had a piece of rock in it, that why she could bend it toward her, and i don’t think she was a metalbender so… 😛

Kelly Reply:

You have a point, but What I think he meant was even though she bent earth to attack with it the actual weapon was changed and used by metal benders in the future. Just with metal instead.

momo2009 Reply:

okay 😛 so do you like my question for the podcast or is it to annoying 😛

Kelly Reply:

I remember answering a couple of questions, and we will answer them again next week. I dont remember which was yours, but I remember I didnt find any annoying at all. Questions are always welcome 🙂
    Unless its about if Korra is aang and kataras daughter because Ive heard enough of that mistake years ago lol

momo2009 Reply:

okay 😛 and how can korra be aang and katara daughter, cause aang would still be alive 😛

OG Sokka Reply:

Yes Kelly that is exactly what I meant. The meteor hammer evolved into the police chains once more metalbenders came into be.

6. OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on September 30, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Permalink

@ momo2009
    really?? what are you talking about?

…face palm