Avatar Online Podcast Episode 51

Combustionman23
Listed as: Podcast

Avatar Online Podcast Episode 51 – May 19th 2013

Combustionman23

Why is Combustion Man wearing a Chef’s hat ? Listen to the episode discussion and find out!

Morgan (Airspeed Prime) is joined by Callum (Badgermole1) and Troy (Trojan People) to discuss some announcements of announcements and some actual news. 3 listener Questions are answered before an in-depth discussion on 302 The Headband.

00:00:00 – Opening
00:00:48 – Introduction and Korra Book 2 Preview Question
00:05:15 – News – The Search Part 3 Preview and upcoming announcements
00:22:25 – Listener Questions from Katara’s Mommy and Trojan People
00:41:55 – Intermission – Callum reveals the first thing he says each morning
00:42:29 – Episode Discussion – 302 The Headband and Outro
01:23:42 – END

Download the MP3 here (Right Click -> Save As)

Podcast is just over 83 minutes long

Podcast RSS Feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/avatarpodcast

Itunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/avatar-last-airbender-podcast/id512736597
Just search “Avatar Online in podcasts” Please give us some positive feedback to help spread the show. A 5 Star Review would be tremendous.

If you have any listener Questions or suggestions ask them here

Or the email address
avataronlinepodcast@gmail.com

1. Avatar of Avatar Yangchen
    Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on May 19, 2013 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

@airspeed lol, thats a nice picture :) i can already tell that this is going to be a good podcast :D

2. Avatar of Water-Tribe Heart
    Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on May 19, 2013 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

good podcast! but i think i should have made my questions a little more clear lol. the main reason i chose Jinora was because with her relationship with Kya, it was rumored that Kya is extremely spiritual and i remembered Uncle Iroh’s trip in the spirit world. With all that is said, i believe that jinora ( at her age now or at age 30) can become more connected to her spiritual self than her wild little siblings. I also see jinora understanding her air nomad ancestry, she will at least be attempting to reach the spirit world to communicate with her Grandfather Aang.

3. Avatar of Water-Tribe Heart
    Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on May 19, 2013 at 9:02 pm | Permalink

not saying that eventually Ikki meelo or rohan will never grow up and become a little less wild, but just asking a question about the air babies and the spiritual ways of the air nomad philosophy, i just feel Jinora to be the first person to pop in my head. (:

4. Avatar of Avatar Yangchen
    Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on May 20, 2013 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

great podcast :D i loved the intermission when callum was reciting the fire nation oathe :P also, whos kitchen is that/or where was it found?

Callum put that image together during the podcast, not sure where he got the kitchen image from.

5. Avatar of OG Sokka
    OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on May 21, 2013 at 5:11 pm | Permalink

Funny Podcast guys.

Looks at bread, thinks, **poof** toast!
    nice suff with wangfire too.

6. Avatar of Admin / Jordash
    Admin / Jordash Said: Comment by Admin / Jordash on May 25, 2013 at 12:24 am | Permalink

Haha, the picture on this is AWESOME!

7. Avatar of Troy
    Troy Said: Comment by Troy on May 25, 2013 at 11:49 am | Permalink

Time to listen to this almost a week later. I forgot what I said LOL.

8. Avatar of BOLIN(combustion specialist).
    BOLIN(combustion specialist). Said: Comment by BOLIN(combustion specialist). on May 30, 2013 at 6:22 am | Permalink

let combustion man serve fire to its guests. Haha

9. Avatar of Rocket Axxonu
    Rocket Axxonu Said: Comment by Rocket Axxonu on December 8, 2016 at 6:04 am | Permalink

When I was watching through ATLA with my dad recently, when we got to Book 3, I kept saying, ‘Oh yeah, this is one of my favorite episodes’ and finally he was just like, ‘You say that about every episode.’ For Book 3, it’s kind of true, especially about these early episodes.

I like what you said about this one, I think those are all the reasons I loved this episode—Aang getting an inside look into what’s going on in the Fire Nation, especially with ordinary citizens/students, (as was said, it really gives a great start to the theme that runs throughout this season, that the enemy really isn’t the average Fire Nation citizen), the awesome dance party near the end with the kind of Katang moments, and so on. And of course, the many hilarious moments. (After listening to this podcast, I think it was either yesterday or the day before, today, I honestly just kept thinking about that scene of Sokka and Katara as Aang’s parents…so when I was at work, every time the manager walked by he’d see me chuckling to myself and he’d be like, ‘What’s the joke?’) I also really enjoyed seeing the Gaang in new clothes, particularly Fire Nation clothes. I’m not sure why, but I just loved that.

On that scene where Azula chases Mai off to talk to Zuko—I thought it was interesting you interpreted the scent that way, that Mai seems sort of defiant, like she’s not as afraid of Azula as we’ve been led to think. I actually got almost the opposite impression from this scene—Azula first tells Zuko, ‘I need to talk to you,’ but when Zuko basically ignores her, she next moves on to Mai, and basically orders her to leave (with an unashamedly unbelievable excuse), and Mai does so almost immediately, without argument or question. I didn’t interpret that pause where she looks up at Azula as anger or even irritation, but rather, worry for Zuko over what Azula could want to talk to him in private about. (Even though Mai doesn’t show much emotion here, her quick compliance followed by that look she gives Azula before and as she’s leaving had a more wary tone to me—and actually reinforced the idea that Mai does feel threatened by Azula, or at least, worried for what Azula might have in store for Zuko, even though she doesn’t really show those emotions in her expressions.)