Avatar Online Podcast Episode 25

308
Listed as: Podcast

Avatar Online Podcast Episode 25 – October 28th 2012

308

The Cabbage face for anyone who had no idea what we were talking about.

Morgan (Airspeed Prime) is joined by Rich (OG Sokka), Kelly (Gemini530) and guest host Peter (Rabadoo) to talk about some small pieces of news, answer 2 listener questions before getting into out Halloween related episode discussion on 308 The Puppetmaster.

00:00:00 – Opening
00:00:48 – Intro – Peter answers “The Questions”
00:03:54 – News, Grey Delisle to voice a character in Book 3 and The Search up for preorder + book shop release date. + 2 listener questions.
00:16:36 Intermission
00:18:54 – Episode Discussion on 308 The Puppetmaster
01:10:40 – Outro

END

Download the MP3 here (Right Click -> Save As)

Or just click once to listen.

Podcast is just over 70 minutes long

Podcast RSS Feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/avatarpodcast

Itunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/avatar-last-airbender-podcast/id512736597
Just search “Avatar Online in podcasts” Please give us some positive feedback to help spread the show. A 5 Star Review would be tremendous.

If you have any listener Questions or suggestions ask them here

Or the email address
avataronlinepodcast@gmail.com

Korra Roundtable Podcast – K104 The Voice In The Night
Avatar Online Podcast - Admin Talk Episode 3
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 114 - Villain Discussion
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 131 - Korra Free Comic "Friends For Life" Review Special

1. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on October 28, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

So sorry I left in the middle of it guys, my mom was really worried and made me get off to buy a bunch of food if we were to get no power and stuff because of the hurricane

Eska Reply:

You’re on the east coast too?

Kelly Reply:

yep and Im in an area that you dont have to evacuate but its still really bad

Eska Reply:

I don’t have to evacuate either, but it’s still going to be really bad for me.

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

it seems like a lot of members here are at risk right now for a hurricane 🙁

DragonMoose134 Reply:

stay safe, my family’s prayers go out to our family members…

2. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on October 28, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

i have a lot of cousins on the east coast

Troy Reply:

In 2003 me and my family lost power for five days and some story’s then ranged up to two weeks. I’m in Virginia, just south of the area that is likely to loose power. So I may or may not. No power means no store which means no food restock, for a couple of days. Utility out means no water, for a couple of days. Going to get six inches which can’t flood Norfolk.

3. Rabadoo Said: Comment by Rabadoo on October 28, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

Great, my voice was glitchin all over the place. I’m gonna need to be closer to my router if I ever do this again.

It was not really that much of an issue, only 1 or 2 words were a bit scrambled and only at the start of the podcast.
    The rest was perfectly fine.
    Especially for a first podcast, it was great.

OG Sokka Reply:

Yea you did great brah

Kelly Reply:

yeah you were great dude no worries 🙂

Jadely Reply:

Yea! You did great 😀

4. Admin / Jordash Said: Comment by Admin / Jordash on October 28, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Permalink

Excellent podcast guys, sorry i’m so busy this time of year!

5. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on October 29, 2012 at 12:09 am | Permalink

My prayers go out to those on the East Coast facing Sandy. It is best to evacuate as far as you can inland to not face a lot of Sandy’s destruction, even though it’s 500 miles in diameter; nearly the length between El Paso and San Antonio (gulp).

Aww, Airspeed and Rabadoo. Thanks for choosing the next episode from my comment. ha.

Oh wait, i forgot my signature flameo.

Flameo Airspeed! Another great podcast and it was a surprise that Rabadoo came on.

6. Droc Plug Said: Comment by Droc Plug on October 29, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

Ha, great podcast, love the cabbage face

Also, my prayers go out to all u on the east coast. Sandy just grazed our little island

7. Rocket Axxonu Said: Comment by Rocket Axxonu on November 28, 2016 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

[Yes, this post is like, four years later.]

I loved this discussion, The Pupper Master is one of my favorite episodes, too. (Maybe my third favorite of the series.) I think as all was said, this is such an amazing episode in the way it brings in more information about the Southern Water Tribe, and seeing how the ship in the South Pole actually ended up there. You can definitely understand why Katara feels this instant connection with Hama, which makes the moment when Katara really realizes what Hama has been doing all the more powerful and painful. It reinforces the theme that has been building up throughout season three that the world isn’t really as simple as good vs. evil being the three countries against the Fire nation—and of course, Hama’s kind of horrifying, tragic backstory that made her the way she is adds another level of complexity. (And the Hama-Katara battle at the end was just epic.)

Haha, ah yes, the puppets. (A nice halloween element there.) Personally, I’ve always taken the puppets as being Hama’s tools which she uses to practice and further develop her skills at bloodbending. Seeing Hama’s hand movements in the battle with Katara, many of the gestures are very similar the way a puppeteer would move their hands when manipulating a puppet.