Avatar Online Podcast Episode 24

316
Listed as: Podcast

Avatar Online Podcast Episode 24 – 21st October 2012

316

Morgan (Airspeed Prime) is joined by Kelly (Gemini530), Rich (OG Sokka) and later Callum (Badgermole1) to discuss the latest news about The Search and Book 3 of Korra. 3 Listener Questions are answered before the team gets into an emotional and in depth discussion on 316 The Southern Raiders.

00:00:00 – Opening
00:00:48 – Intro + a brief report from Kelly about her New York Comic Con 2012 experience
00:07:40 – News. The Search Solicit + Release Date, Voice Acting for Book 3 of Korra begins.
00:21:34 – Listener Questions from KoolKorra, Greg2b and Leland
00:44:15 – Intermission
00:46:05 – Discussion Topic on 316 The Southern Raiders – Note Next episode is chosen by the first person to post in the comments below with an episode we have not done.
02:08:35 – Outro
END

Download the MP3 hereΒ (Right Click -> Save As)

Or just click once to listen.

Podcast is just over 135 minutes long

Podcast RSS Feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/avatarpodcast

Itunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/avatar-last-airbender-podcast/id512736597
Just search β€œAvatar Online in podcasts” Please give us some positive feedback to help spread the show. A 5 Star Review would be tremendous.

If you have any listener Questions or suggestions ask them here

Or the email address
avataronlinepodcast@gmail.com

Avatar Online Podcast Episode 75
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 117
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 124
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 168

1. Eska Said: Comment by Eska on October 21, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

Have you talked about” The Cave of Two Lovers” yet?

Yes we have, Episode 22 of the podcast, just a few news posts down πŸ™‚

2. Mario Kart Ninja Said: Comment by Mario Kart Ninja on October 21, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Permalink

304 – Sokka’s Master
    OR! For Halloween: 308 – The Puppetmaster

Thanks, I think we will go for 308 for Halloween, it is Callum’s favourite episode so I am sure he will be happy with that πŸ™‚

Mario Kart Ninja Reply:

YAY!

Callum Fryars Reply:

YES! YES! YEEESS! I am really excited!!! πŸ˜€

Kelly Reply:

Halloween Special, good Idea!
    Your call Airspeed

Kelly Reply:

lol you commented milliseconds before me.

OG Sokka Reply:

omg puppetmaster next week! helz ya!

KoolKorra Reply:

wow. You guys posted at the same time as i did!

3. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on October 21, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

YAY! Southern Raiders is finally here! *starts to listen*

hmm, i don’t know what episode though. *thinks for a few minutes*

1. Crossroads of Destiny
    2. Nightmares and Daydreams
    3. The Waterbending Master
    4. The Painted Lady

The purpose of the 1, 2, 3, 4 is that if Crossroads of Destiny was already recorded, then it’s the Waterbending Master, and if that’s already been recorded, then Painted Lady and so on.

KoolKorra Reply:

OH NO!!! Mario Kart Beat me! Oh well. He did have an awesome choice.
    The Puppetmaster since it was created for Halloween.

*sighs* Congratulations Mario Kart.

Don’t worry I am sure we will do something with your choices for the week after, you went to the effort of posting πŸ™‚

Mario Kart Ninja Reply:

Thanks Kool! No hard feelings? I like your ides too! I’d love to hear a discussion on Nightmares and Daydreams. Really freaky episode that one.

KoolKorra Reply:

no hard feelings Mario. there’s always next time. πŸ™‚

4. Callum Fryars Said: Comment by Callum Fryars on October 21, 2012 at 8:27 pm | Permalink

I apologize for only being on half the podcast. I feel really bad! I need a better alarm clock!

KoolKorra Reply:

It’s ok Callum. There’s always next week!

5. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on October 21, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Permalink

Flameo Airspeed! I have been once again distracted by my project just to listen to the review of the Southern Raiders and unfortunately, i think i forgot about Callum. Sorry Cal. I’m probably used to Rich’s voice now.

I’m ready for Le Puppetmaster!

OG Sokka Reply:

used to my voice? thats so sweet, thankyou

6. momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on October 22, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

we know there will be a book 3 since comic con.

What makes you think we did not know that, we did cover SDCC on this podcast.
    The news was that the Voice Acting for Book 3 has started. This was odd given that we have yet to see any official content from Book 2 beyond concept art and animatics.
    We only found out Book 2 voice work had started after Book 1 aired which shows a distinct change in production schedule.

Book 4 was also confirmed just in case you were unaware ;)……..

momo2009 Reply:

yeah i knew that to thanks for sharing

momo2009 Reply:

confidentiality agreement, is most likely why the actor can’t talk about the show. and what the rush, it be there on next year

It is less about timing and more about logic. Why can voice actors not say that they are doing their job, everyone understands that they obviously cannot give out details of episodes, but when they are not even allowed to say they are working it becomes an issue.
    That issue being that Nick seems to want to keep fans in the dark about Korra, Nick officially themselves are saying nothing and have given no official indication that Korra is more than 1 book.
    We are in the situation where if you are not a fan on a fansite like this or were at SDCC, then you would not know that Korra is even continuing.

Yes WE (the fans on fansites who find this minor news) know the show is coming back next year, but we only make up a fraction of the ratings that the show gets. How will the other fans not on fan sites find out about the show.

That is the issue, Nick relies on ratings, ratings require people to know the show is on. Nick are not putting out info.

momo2009 Reply:

okay this is what i think, nick doesn’t believe korra to be a long term thing, thus it was surpise by the rating it got for book one which made it decide to renewal it for 2 more book (3@4) And since it hasn’t shown any new info on it since comic con, then we have to assume that the show doesn’t have the full backing of everyone in nick. or they really think there other show are the future of the studio. well the lack of any merchandise for korra or avatar is a big sign that they are unwilling or unable to put more money into the shows. or the economy is still bad and they are afraid no one will buy anything.

like why didn’t they make all of atla into a collection dvd, yeah i don’t know.

ATLA does have a collection dvd

Nick asked Mike and Bryan for more Korra not the other way round, Korra is their highest rated show of late, they are completely behind Korra. Lets also not forget that our first piece of merch comes out in January, just before Book 2, that may be the start of more merch, now that the show is confirmed to have 40 more episodes. The issue is just that Nick do not seem to know how to release information beyond weeks before it is due to air.

momo2009 Reply:

i meant the Collector’s Edition. i think there only 1 for the first book. even the legos got cancelled. It a bussiness and if you want your product to succedd you have to promote and advertise it, since we haven’t heard anything since comic con officalilly from nick it either they are bad at promotion or they want to keep it a secret until 1 month before it premere πŸ˜›

7. Airspeed Prime Said: Comment by Airspeed Prime on October 22, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

Little bit of news, http://www.amazon.com/Avatar-Last-Airbender-Search-Part/dp/1616550546/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1350879

The Search pre order is up on Amazon.com and also .co.uk

I so called on this podcast the Book/Amazon release date of April 2nd πŸ™‚

8. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on October 23, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

One of my favorite episodes. Katara tasks Zuko to do things he can’t do out of anger, winning Ba Sing Se/ bringing mom back to life. Aang brings up he lost all of his people and he is not upset, Kataras emotions are not numerical. Katara had memories of a different and younger her when she was pathetic, lighting this battle of guilt for fire-nationers and making Aang proud of strong her. Katara while all emotional has problems finding Yan Rha. Zuko also tries to look strong to pretty Katara. Yan Rha was untouchable to Kataras strength because he was so pathetic. “Take my mother instead, that would be fair.”
    I did find this Podcast to be to long not because I got bored but because I wanted to do other things after ninety minutes but I decided to finish.

It just happened that we had a lot of news and indepth questions and the most thought provoking episode we have discussed so far in the same podcast
    Most will not be this long.

This weeks podcast will have little to no news and less listener questions.
    We never really know the length of a podcast until we have it recorded, if we gave ourselves a time deadline each episode they would feel rushed and it would not be as fun for us to do.

I know compared to last weeks show this one was very long, just depends on what we have to do.

momo2009 Reply:

i will make sure you have lot of question to talk about HA HA HA HA πŸ˜›

Troy Reply:

I enjoy talking Avatar more than less and I enjoyed this podcast. Evil Katara got old and didn’t say much. Two hours isn’t that bad if one were to listen to the first half for an hour while on their computer in the morning and again in the afternoon. Not many don’t have two hours from one podcast to the next. In theory they could be much longer if under the condition of interesting discussion.

Inkasrain Reply:

(Personally, I enjoy the long episodes. I listen during my commute, and am usually interested in what you have to say, so why not?)

9. Droc Plug Said: Comment by Droc Plug on October 25, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Permalink

I love how she freezes the rain in mid air

10. Inkasrain Said: Comment by Inkasrain on January 7, 2013 at 11:07 am | Permalink

Was Rich a little tipsy when you guys recorded this one?

No that I know of, it is just an emotionally charged episode of Avatar, we just got very into it I think πŸ™‚

OG Sokka Reply:

Nope I just tend to get emotional on the episodes I’m passionate about plus I slur my S’s sometimes its a lisp I’ve always had, comes out more when I’m excited

11. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on February 9, 2013 at 8:35 pm | Permalink

@gemini530 where did you get your naga hat?

OG Sokka Reply:

At the NYCC she went to, she was talking about it in this episode. I wish I had a Nagga hat