Avatar Online Podcast Episode 22

202
Listed as: Podcast

Avatar Online Podcast Episode 22 – October 7th 2012

202

Morgan (Airspeed Prime), Kelly (Gemini530) and Callum (Badgermole1) discuss some small bits of news, answer listener questions lost from the disastrous Episode 21 recording before not only discussing 202 The Cave Of Two Lovers, but also the missing parts from 219 The Guru.

00:00:00 – Intro
00:00:48 – ย Opening
00:01:52 – News: Some speculation on Nickelodeon’s plans for Korra based on TMNT’s ratings and some The Promise info from Gene Yang
00:09:23 – Listener Question from Momo2009
00:15:00 – Listener Question from Jadely
00:21:40 – Listener Question from Anon on Tumblr
00:26:40 – Listener Question from They-Call-The-Wind-Mariah
00:33:05 – Intermission
00:36:00 – Discussion Topic – 219 The Guru part 1 Take 2
00:55:00 – Discussion Topic – 202 The Cave Of Two Lovers
01:29:05 – Outro
END

Download the MP3 hereย (Right Click -> Save As)

Or just click once to listen.

Podcast is just over 90 minutes long

Podcast RSS Feedย โ€“ย http://feeds.feedburner.com/avatarpodcast

Itunesย โ€“ย http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/avatar-last-airbender-podcast/id512736597
Just search โ€œAvatar Online in podcastsโ€ Please give us some positive feedback to help spread the show. A 5 Star Review would be tremendous.

If you have any listener Questions or suggestions ask them here

Or the email address
avataronlinepodcast@gmail.com

Avatar Online Podcast Episode 10
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 84 - 2 Year Podcast Anniversary
The Movers Podcast Episode 29 - Rideback
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 179

1. momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on October 7, 2012 at 6:56 pm | Permalink

i think the bloodbending causing people to fly through the air is a plot hole ๐Ÿ˜›

2. momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on October 7, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Permalink

Callum your answer all so honest and simple ๐Ÿ˜›

Callum Fryars Reply:

That just sums me up. Honest and simple.

3. Jadely Said: Comment by Jadely on October 7, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Permalink

Wow, great discussion ๐Ÿ™‚

The Podcast Team did and awesome job answering questions .It brought up many good points .
    When Callum said “Oh its a car ,what’s a building like what is that?,that contraption.”
    That made me laugh ๐Ÿ˜› (in a good way )

Jadely Reply:

Uh, why is my comment waiting approval ?

It just happens from time to time, sometimes if you have not commented on a news post in a while or if you change your screenname.

Even I have to approve my own comments sometimes, lol

4. Rabadoo Said: Comment by Rabadoo on October 7, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Permalink

Apparently I’m the only one who doesn’t see people being lifted and thrown with bloodbending as odd or outlandish. I think it’s perfectly logical. Hama and Katara were only able to bending the free-flowing water in a person’s body. But Amon, Tarrlock, and Yakone, benig far more advanced “bloodbenders”, could bend the water in a person’s body on a cellular level, effectively giving them control of every cell in a human’s body. So they could easily lift someone and throw them without all the messy side-effects you guys are talking about.

SCIENCE SAVES THE DAY, YET AGAIN. YOU CAN THANK SCIENCE LATER.

momo2009 Reply:

how can they lift it and float the body for like 4 min. yakone did that to toph to steal her keys to his cuffs, it wasn’t like he lifted her up and throw her away, she was floating like she could fly. But i guess your explanation is possible??? ๐Ÿ˜›

I had no issue with it, and said more or less that on the podcast.

momo2009 Reply:

yeah you worship everything korra, we get that ๐Ÿ˜› LOL

Huh ???
    Because I try to be positive about the show I now worship it…..

momo2009 Reply:

i guess positive is a better word ๐Ÿ˜›

Eska Reply:

I will not thank science because it is different in the avatar world and if science were the same in the avatar world,airbenders would also be able to waterbend too. ๐Ÿ˜›

momo2009 Reply:

agree ๐Ÿ˜›

Rabadoo Reply:

You guys obviously haven’t read my sciency-wiency thread on how bending works.

I believe a few podcasts ago we had a very indepth discussion on bending and how it works and the science behind it from an in-universe and real world point of view.

Eska Reply:

Which podcast?

I think it was episode 14.

KoolKorra Reply:

I actually thought you said Yue when you said Amon, Tarrlok, and Yakone.

Callum Fryars Reply:

Well the force of being thrown across in room like when we first discover that Tarrlock is a waterbender. And he tosses Korra across the city hall. I dont think that skin can hold up against that much pressure and force going against it. So the skin would burst open. And you would die. Not fly across the room.

5. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on October 8, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Permalink

hmm sorry Airspeed but since i couldn’t listen to it yesterday, i’m gonna have to listen to it this weekend.

hmm, i’m not sure if i’m ready for 2 podcasts in a row because i’m actually gonna listen in unlike the previous podcast with spoilers.

6. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on October 9, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

whoa. burning down the Earth Kingdom and suffocation?

This reminds me of Zhao.

Zhao wanted to kill the moon spirit and if that happened bad stuff would happen all over the world and burning down the earth kingdom would generally take out the plant life.

I think evil Fire Nation guys want to burn/kill something but, it will backfire in some way. Iroh told what would happen to Zhao if he killed the moon spirit (which he did) but no one told Ozai what would happen if he would burn everything down.

I never thought of this.

7. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on October 10, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Permalink

Flameo Airspeed!

Once again, nice podcast.

I wonder if the crew has to rewatch the episode for the review because if i was on the podcast, i wouldn’t be able to review it.

Yes, we do rewatch the episodes before we review them.

I think most of us have them on DVD.

That said we know what the episodes are about and could probably do it without rewatching. It just helps ๐Ÿ™‚

8. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on October 11, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

ha. if i was on the podcast, i’d either look the episode up on my recordings list, look it up online, or check when it airs on Nicktoons.

It’s kinda going crazy because it shows two books in one day.

KoolKorra Reply:

oh great. This was supposed to be a comment to Airspeed’s comment.