Avatar Online Podcast Episode 21…..Well some of it !

Guru_Pathik
Listed as: Podcast

Guru_Pathik

I am just going to get straight down to it I will paraphrase Callum, Skype Sucked today.

This episode is just the final 50 minutes of the episode, the skype connection was utterly atrocious the whole time. So much so that Callum could not be on. The bad Skype call affected the recorder and for some reason only recorded this much of the episode, there was nothing I could do to to save the rest of the episode as it was so bad of a connection.

So what you will hear on this recording is basically our Episode Discussion on 219 The Guru just focused on the Chakras and final thoughts, the rest was not recorded for some reason. Effectively you have a Discussion Topic on Chakras, which is actually very interesting.

I apologise for this happening, but there was nothing we could do beyond just cancelling the episode for a week. Listener Questions done here will be done again next regular episode and hopefully Skype won’t be as bad next episode or ever again.

Hopefully you can enjoy what is left of the episode πŸ™‚

Download the MP3 hereΒ (Right Click -> Save As)

Or just click once to listen.

Podcast is just over 50 minutes long

Podcast RSS Feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/avatarpodcast

Itunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/avatar-last-airbender-podcast/id512736597
Just search β€œAvatar Online in podcasts” Please give us some positive feedback to help spread the show. A 5 Star Review would be tremendous.

If you have any listener Questions or suggestions ask them here

Or the email address
avataronlinepodcast@gmail.com

Avatar Online Podcast Episode 55
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 107
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 118
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 175

1. OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on September 23, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

should just scrap this. and redo it another time. IMO

Obviously we will redo the questions and tiny bit of news. But yes the rest of the Guru will probably need to be redone also. No point in doing all of the Guru again since we covered the main part of the episode in such detail.

2. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on September 23, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

Yeah. But this one was pretty good. At least i got something out of it.

Oh and one more thing, This is the first podcast i completely listened to.

So yeah. let’s celebrate a new podcast, even though it’s not like a normal one πŸ™‚

3. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on September 23, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

You know what? I’m actually impressed. I don’t know how you guys do it: skype or recorder but either way, A job well done!

*claps* Flameo, Flameo

4. Jadely Said: Comment by Jadely on September 23, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Permalink

Finally got to listen to it, and over all, despite the technical difficulties, I learn a few new thing about Chakras πŸ™‚ I am looking forward to hear more.

5. momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on September 24, 2012 at 9:51 am | Permalink

so you guy use skype, is it easy and fun? πŸ˜›

It is easy and fun when it works, but when it has issues it is beyond frustrating.

6. momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on September 24, 2012 at 10:40 am | Permalink

@airspeed so will you use both of my question next week or just one? πŸ˜› and jadely question is great, so you have to answer that one. Mine can wait another week πŸ˜›

Next week will hopefully be The Promise Special, so no listener questions, if not enough of us can get the book we will be doing episode 22 and just doing the 4 questions we did for 21.
    Mariah’s, your one about bloodbending and earthbending, a tumblr q and Jadely.

7. Droc Plug Said: Comment by Droc Plug on September 24, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

A great discussion on Chakras

8. OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on September 24, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

Wow guys I’m really surprised and pleased everyone liked this, it really was so difficult to get through, the static got so bad I started feeling sick and had a headache by the end. I think that’s why I started getting grumpy about Aang unlocking his blocked chakra near the end. πŸ™‚

Callum Fryars Reply:

Im sort of glad I wasnt on this one because if I had went through a full podcast where I cant hear anyone clearly, only to find out only the last hour was recorded. I think I would have flipped my desk!

9. OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on September 24, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

Not to start a flame war but as far as me and Airspeeds disagreement about physically and mentally unlocking a chakra.

There is no such thing about “physically” unlocking a “chakra” or “meridian” it’s all a spiritual belief. You cannot hit your head on a rock to
    open a “chakra” either physically or mentally.

Chakras and or Meridians is a spiritual process. there is nothing physical about any of it.

I’ll be glad to explain how acupuncture is related to Qigong if anyone
    wants details, but …

I’m not hating on ATLA but for all the details they get right, there is a few things they messed up . I’m not one to tell you everything in avatar is 100% perfect but everyone should know the truth, Geez even Sifu Kisu messed up open palm style sometimes, and he admitted it . lol

momo2009 Reply:

Agree, but maybe they will try to correct it in the future. πŸ˜› But hey it was still a pretty good ending. πŸ˜‰

Neither myself nor kelly actually said that, we both were just saying that Aang had UNLOCKED all teh chakras in the 219 spiritual way, in 220 he was unlocking the final chakra in his earth tent thing and rose up out of it about to go into the Avatar State in control for the first time, before all the energy could properly flow and fully unlock the Avatar State he was shot by Azula and killed. Minutes later brought back to life by Katara, but as mentioned in the Escape from the Spirit World web comics he spiritually has the Avatar State, it is just his body physically that cannot use it.
    Aang has UNLOCKED all the chakras, it is just the the actual flow of energy around his body is interrupted by all the energy Azula’s lightning pumped in. Hence Katara’s line about twisted up energy.

So when he hits the rock in 321 he has spiritually unlocked all of his chakras from 219 and 220, hitting off the rock exactly where his scar is and all that tangled up energy allows it to flow fully, this continues the process from 220 and we see that happens when he immediately goes into the Avatar State defence mechanism as he is indanger, after the fight he can master it.

All explained, no physical unlocking of chakras, all spititual, the physical just comes in to untangle up that energy. The location does not matter come the finale as he has all chakras unlocked. He just has something physically blocking his “creek” (the scar) and the rock removes that.

So there is no issue as such with the ending, though wheter or not you consider the rock genius or a deus ex machina is up to the individual, personally I love the simplicity of it and how it links in to the explanation above.

OG Sokka Reply:

Um Sure.. Bryke can go in later and change things ergo the web comics to tie up loose ends but my point wasn’t to discredit cannon, it was to say that it is clearly fiction and not fact. (which they originally went for) when loopholes arose they fixed it which is nice but just not how qigong works in our reality.
    I don’t want to argue until eternity about this but I do have REAL WORLD experience with meridians or as some in “yoga” call them “chakrus” Jeez Morgan sometimes your like arguing with the walls of Ba Sing Sa hahaha

TOPIC CLOSED πŸ™‚

Did you read my post ? Just because your post did not seem to really address any of the things I mentioned specifically so it is a bit confusing to me, what are these loopholes and non facts, I just am confused as to what you are actually referring to in your post.

Again there is a big difference between a good discussion and an argument, you can actually have a difference in opinion with out having to argue, lol. Look at nearly any thread on this forum, all over the place there are discussions without them descending into arguments. So I am not sure why you consider this an argument, I am not angry at your views, yes I replied to correct a misinterpretation, but it was a complex discussion and something was bound to be misheard by someone.

The webcomics came out before Book 3. So there were in mind while Book 3 was being made. They did not retcon anything.

Also we seem to have gotten away from what I replied to you in the first place for.
    I replied because you misinterpreted what myself and Kelly were getting at on the podcast, you thought we said physically unlocking chakras when all we were saying is that Azula’s lightning caused a physical scar which twisted up energy as Katara says. This has nothing really to do with the chakras, as there is no Chakra where Aang’s scar is, the scar a physical issue with Aang’s body is interuppting the flow of energy through his body and when he hits the rock the energy imparted into his body unblocks this.

That is what we were saying and that is why I replied in the first place, because this is what we were saying on the podcast. We never said Aang physically unlocked a chakra, as he had them all unlocked by the time of the finale, the flow of energy was just interrupted by his scar and the energy related to the attack that killed him.

That said, I do agree that the rock is very convenient, I just don’t see it as a loophole of an error of any sort, just a convenient thing to happen.

I think there was just a small misunderstanding here that has led to some confusion.

Though I will say that you cannot just apply everything about Chakras from real life to Chakras in the show because there are differences between both. Most obviously that when you unlock all 7 you do not actually go into the Avatar State. Same reason you cannot just say that because the Avatar World is called Earth that that means that everything in our world will at some stage exist and happen in the Avatar World πŸ™‚

10. The Kappa Spirit Said: Comment by The Kappa Spirit on September 24, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

<3 Your too cool Airspeed πŸ˜€ <3

11. Greg2Bender Said: Comment by Greg2Bender on September 26, 2012 at 5:32 am | Permalink

That was a good podcast spitted the technical issues. When you warned there was problem in the beginning of the ep I thought it would be like 20 mins long but it has almost a whole hour long.

Keep up the good work

12. Cosmobender Said: Comment by Cosmobender on September 30, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

Oh blimey, look at what you guys have done while I was away! XD

You broke the internet!

and Skype broke us, it was pretty terrible on the call and then even worse when I realised most of the recording was lost because of it.

Cosmobender Reply:

Ugh, that’s horrible. For being such a reliable program, it sure sucks when it does break.

Yeah, the worst thing was that this episode marked 6 months since we started the podcast and before this we had some issues, but none so bad they affected the recording.

13. The Kappa Spirit Said: Comment by The Kappa Spirit on September 30, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

Not yet