Avatar Online Podcast Episode 19

Listed as: Podcast

Avatar Online Podcast Episode 19 – September 9th 2012

Β

Morgan (Airspeed Prime), Callum (Badgermole1) and Rich (O.G ZuZu) are joined by the returning Kelly (Gemini530) to talk about the little news there is before a lengthy discussion on The Lost Adventures Comic and finally some listener Questions.

00:00:00 – Opening
00:00:48 – Intro, we recommend some shows for listeners to watch to possibly ease the wait for Korra
00:06:30 – News, The Promise Part 3 new panels, some new info on the Korra animatics
00:14:19 – Intermission
00:16:36 – Discussion Topic – The Lost Adventures Comic, It is quite long, but considering it is a large book and multiple stories it needed it. I felt while recording that we did rush it a bit so it was not even longer.
02:10:00 – Listener Question from Ricardo
02:14:10 – Listener Question from Droc Plug
02:18:45 – Listener Question from Momo2009
02:25:25 – Listener Question from Anon on Tumblr
02:33:50 – Outro

END

Download the MP3 hereΒ (Right Click -> Save As)

Or just click once to listen.

Podcast is just over 155 minutes long

Podcast RSS Feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/avatarpodcast

Itunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/avatar-last-airbender-podcast/id512736597
Just search β€œAvatar Online in podcasts” Please give us some positive feedback to help spread the show. A 5 Star Review would be tremendous.

If you have any listener Questions or suggestions ask them here

Or the email address
avataronlinepodcast@gmail.com

Avatar Online Podcast Episode 41
K214 Light In The Dark Episode Review
The Movers Podcast Episode 42 - Eureka Seven
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 160

1. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on September 9, 2012 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

I’m sure I’ll love this. Especially as I chose it, lol. πŸ˜›

2. OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on September 9, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Permalink

haha you can hear my dog barking at the chinese food delivary guy at the very begining of the opening.

Ricardo Reply:

What did you order? How was it?

Not sure if you can notice, but I also love Chinese takeaways. πŸ˜›

3. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on September 9, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

Listening now! oh god I hope I dont stink after 2 weeks of not doing this

OG Sokka Reply:

You did a great job Kelly, You no stink lol

Kelly Reply:

thanks! I feel as though I talk too much though not knowing how and when to end.

4. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on September 9, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

Quick note guys! I Forgot to say something about the Lost adventures that I was dying to say on the podcast :/
    I feel as though Sokka OWNED this, not just his comedy, but I mean his characterization. His character is hit on the Nail and He is kinda the focus on parts of these comics, another reason I love the comics as Sokka is my favorite character.
    Though its important to note Every character is important. My mother and I were talking about The sitcom f.r.i.e.n.d.s the other day! and how the spin off of Joey wasn’t good and was canceled because of the latter. If its just about the funny guy it could be disastrous, you need that contrast with the whole cast to make one character personally stand out

Ricardo Reply:

I absolutely agree.

Wang Fire. 😎

What more needs to be said? πŸ˜‰

OG Sokka Reply:

YES Sokka pwned these comics, but Azula (to my dismay) was never drawn right and her characterazation was awful, to be polite.

Imagine a tv show called “Sokka” w/o the gaang 8pm fridays on NBC LOL

Ricardo Reply:

Probably a stand up comedy show, lol. πŸ˜›

Would definitely get top ratings. πŸ˜‰

To be fair she is done well in Going Home Again, sure her manipulations are not as serious as we expect with her trying to set up Zuko and Mai, but it is with the aim of furthering her plan of putting the blame on Zuko as she suspects Aang is still alive, which is perfectly Azula, at least for me. This fails and Zuko stays in the Earth Kingdom, either forces Azula to do something drastic in relation to Zuko or go with the plan with Zuko at a distance which leaves Azula in little control, which is not her.

She just happens to only be in the comics that have very different art styles, unfortunately πŸ™

OG Sokka Reply:

First off you, shouldn’t you be sleeping by now mate? lol

secondly as I said in the show she was spot on in character but she looked just god awful in every panel. Azula is my beautiful princess not a drag queen, which she looks like in Going home again.

**no offence to dragqueens I quite like a good dragqueen in a platonic funny sort of way πŸ™‚

I was just addressing your post
    “her characterazation was awful,”
    I was a bit confused with this and then you praising it on the show.

As for me sleeping, I don’t need that much sleep as I never feel that tired plus I am a bit of a night owl, lol

OG Sokka Reply:

I was just having a bit of fun Morgan, it was kind of a …in my head Azula is perfect joke. I tend to do that sort of humor a bit. just sarcasim not meant to be taken seriously ya know?

My sarcasm detector must be broken.

OG Sokka Reply:

Haha sometimes you remind me of Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory.

^^ thats a good thing btw πŸ™‚

5. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on September 9, 2012 at 5:47 pm | Permalink

39:35
    If you would like to Hear R2-D2 πŸ˜‰

Kelly Reply:

sorry 39:30

OG Sokka Reply:

what happened at 39:30…. did you fart?

Kelly Reply:

no LOL, I meant Its not 39:35 with R2-D2 it was 39:30 where you hear it, I put the wrong time

Hannah230 Reply:

that makes sense.

6. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on September 9, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

my voice is very choppy, Its because I kept looking down and reading instead of talking INTO my mike, so I apologize for the choppiness if you cant understand me

Hannah230 Reply:

Don’t say that, you did great.

Yeah, you were great, no need to overanalyse yourself πŸ™‚

Kelly Reply:

Thank you both!

Ricardo Reply:

I saw this comment before starting to listen to the podcast, and you know how it is when something is pointed out, one just can’t help but strain one’s ears to try to notice it. πŸ˜›

However, I hadn’t noticed anything strange about your voice or the quality (‘choppiness’). Rest assured, you were fine, to say the least. πŸ™‚

7. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on September 9, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Permalink

Another thing I forgot to mention
    Anyone else realize that for all of Book 3 Joodee is mostly the earth Queen?? I just kinda noticed And I find that kinda hilarious, and yet really sad for Ba Sing se πŸ™

Wow, never thought of that at all.
    Joo Dee number 1 in charge of Ba Sing Se until the OWL take it back.

As Callum would say, that is another thing that Sucks in Ba Sing Se.

Ricardo Reply:

Azula was also temporarily the Earth Queen. πŸ˜‰

8. Droc Plug Said: Comment by Droc Plug on September 9, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Permalink

Holy smokes you guys are the marathon runners of podcasts, heck I’m surprised you didn’t take a second intermission. Way to go!

Yeah we may need to change the time when we take our intermission in the future.
    With little news the Intro and News sections go by very quickly.

Plus we love the comics πŸ™‚

Ricardo Reply:

I agree, that intermission is quite skewed and out of place.
    Although two intermissions would work, you guys probably don’t want to be sitting down talking on Skype for too long. πŸ˜›

Perhaps an intermission in the middle, so no set place. For this one, an intermission just when you start the Book 2 comics would probably be a good place? You’ll also get to talk about the previous events, and what’s going to come with the other hosts.

Though for a set place, what do you think about an intermission just before the Listener Questions section? You do seem to be getting more questions, and the answers seem to be getting lengthier. πŸ˜‰

I would never want to do 2 intermissions, 1 is definitely enough, considering what you hear in the intermission is only a fraction of how long it actually is.

The problem with taking a break in the middle is that we never know how long a podcast will be until very near the end, final listener question territory.
    We probably will end up taking the break just before listener questions.

Ricardo Reply:

Oh right. I underestimated the length of the intermissions then.

Yeah, I see what you mean. It’ll also depend on how planned out the podcasts are. At the moment I just assume that you guys have a brief chat beforehand then get into the podcast, so without a schedule it’s hard to say how long the podcast will be until its nearly finished.

Though it’ll depend on whether you guys feel the need for a change in the intermissions.

Perhaps the current place when you have a bit of news discussion or something, then change it to before the Listener Questions section when you have less news to discuss.
    It should work out fairly well, since the podcast topic this week was a fairly long one.

9. Droc Plug Said: Comment by Droc Plug on September 9, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Permalink

Oh and thanks for reading my question.

10. Brandy Said: Comment by Brandy on September 9, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

I’ll try to give this a listen sometime soon. I’m sure it’ll be awesome!

11. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on September 10, 2012 at 3:24 am | Permalink

I didn’t expect Callum to name two British shows. πŸ˜›

I ended up with a list of a wide variety of shows to watch. O.o

Also, thank you Kelly! For suggesting FMA. I was just waiting for someone to say that, lol.
    There’s also a movie that goes with it which is canon. πŸ™‚

Kelly Reply:

Yeah i heard! I keep forgetting to watch it But when I get the time I will!

Ricardo Reply:

Did you also watch the original version, or just the Brotherhood?

momo2009 Reply:

i watched both, and i found the brotherhood to be more exciting and interesting, the original wasn’t bad, but the ending felt missing and the movie was okay. The brotherhood ended with a good ending showing how the main character was willing to lose his power for his brother.

Kelly Reply:

I watched FMA A really long time ago and only half way. I very recently watched Brotherhood and I agree with momo2009, Brotherhood was better! Very great ending too even though idk how FMA ends though. all I know is brotherhood is more accurate to the manga!

momo2009 Reply:

fma took a different route halfway through the anime, that was because the manga wasn’t finish yet so they created an alternate ending. thus i felt it wasn’t as polish and soul searching as the Brotherhood, which was close to the manga and the author message.

12. momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on September 10, 2012 at 7:50 am | Permalink

I like the mutant ideas. And an improvement on chi blocking is cool, but come on the increase in technology is way too easy. I shouldn’t had mention that, all you did was agreed with it. There wasn’t really much of a discussion. πŸ˜‰

Ricardo Reply:

Haha, that’s what I was thinking. πŸ˜›

But then I also have trouble thinking up anything that could defeat benders in a battle, constantly.
    I think that magic (bending) and just the supernatural are far too powerful. That paired with the fact that we don’t really understand it beyond what is told in the show makes it a difficult question to answer.
    Which would also mean that an answer could easily be given to us if they decide to add anything into the show that defeats benders easily.

Mutation is a way, but I don’t think it’s a reliable method, and I definitely wouldn’t want to see Avatar taking that approach.
    Imagine Amon recruiting tens of thousands of unique mutated humans. It’d be a horror film, lol. πŸ˜›

Ok, Momo, you come up with a new way to defeat bending that does not involve technology, Chi Blocking or Energybending.

Unless you introduce new powers as was mentioned there is not much else other than new tech. Or new Chi Blocking ways.

Even if you did not mention tech we all would have said that.

momo2009 Reply:

I bet that season 2 of lok will show that the “spirit” have some unique ability that can fight even with bender and the avatar. See, there one thing you didn’t mention! think outside the box πŸ˜›

Ah the things you can come up with by being completely non descriptive….

Maybe a flying lemur can do a thing that does a thing to a bender πŸ˜‰

Ricardo Reply:

Perhaps just extreme agility and swordsmanship.
    Jet did do quite well against Aang initially.

Though now that you mention animals, perhaps having a animal guide like a komodo rhino or polar bear dog could even the odds (assuming that the bender that you’re fighting doesn’t also have a animal with them). πŸ˜›

momo2009 Reply:

there is one more way to defeat benders, make them drink cactus juice. πŸ˜›