Avatar Online Podcast Episode 17

311 screen
Listed as: Podcast

Avatar Online Podcast Episode 17 – August 26th 2012

311 screen

Morgan (Airspeed Prime) is joined by Callum (Badgermole1) and Rich (O.G. Zuzu) to discuss The Day Of Black Sun Part 2 Eclipse, the latest reviews of The Promise Part 3 and answer some listener Questions.

00:00:00 – Opening
00:00:48 – Intro, A brief chat about the Irish dub of Avatar, the video in question can be seen here
00:04:23 – News, Confirmation on April Stewart voicing on Korra
00:07:14 – SPOILER NEWS SECTION, more The Promise Part 3 reviews.
00:17:20 – Extended Intermission, including our attempts to pronounce a large welsh word,  Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
00:23:05 – Discussion Topic, The Day Of Black Sun Part 2 Eclipse
01:15:12 – The next random episode is chosen
01:17:07 – Listener Question from Sensoka on Tumblr
01:21:30 – Listener Question from Anon on Tumblr
01:34:40 – Outro
END
Download the MP3 here (Right Click -> Save As)

Or just click once to listen.

Podcast is just over 96 minutes long

Podcast RSS Feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/avatarpodcast

Itunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/avatar-last-airbender-podcast/id512736597
Just search “Avatar Online in podcasts” Please give us some positive feedback to help spread the show. A 5 Star Review would be tremendous.

If you have any listener Questions or suggestions ask them here

Or the email address
avataronlinepodcast@gmail.com

Korra Roundtable – K111 Skeletons In The Closet
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 84 - 2 Year Podcast Anniversary
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 101
The Movers Podcast Episode 23 - Princess Tutu

1. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on August 26, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

yes! another podcast 🙂

2. momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on August 26, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

they never pick my questions. boo! 😛

Your Question will be answered Next week, I prepared our show outline before you posted your question.

momo2009 Reply:

sure! 😛

Luca Reply:

OMG great profile pic 🙂 LOVE IT 🙂

3. Haikai Said: Comment by Haikai on August 26, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

Yay thanks guys! 🙂

4. momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on August 26, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

great podcast. 😛

5. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on August 26, 2012 at 11:54 pm | Permalink

So sorry I couldnt be on this podcast guys! I was looking forward to this one too, I had a family thing to do.
    Im gonna listen tomorrow so I hope everything went well.

6. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on August 27, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

It wasn’t that amazing of an improvment to me with the adition of Kelly, but I noticed a deprovement with her gone for me. This one was longer than the others and it went in circles at the end like it had closing thoughts to many times for the epasode discusion. City of walls and secrets line that summurizes everything “Ba Sing Se remains a peaceful, orderly utopia. The last one on Earth.” Ba Sing Se also doesn’t have freedom even if things are perfect.

But we only had closing thoughts once ???
    I know We probably do a lot of checks to make sure we have not missed anything, but it’s better we do that than finish with half the episode not mentioned.

Troy Reply:

I don’t know much on effective podcasting. I will try to describe problems I felt best I can: It was confusing somewhat how the epasode was talked about out of order, which has been done before without the same confusion. It liked just kept talking about The Day of Black Sun two without much orginization. It also was more boreing than podcast 16, this could of been Kelly but the energy was broken up in this longer podcast.The Irish intermission comedy was like staged for that to be the topic and branches, I liked how I learnt from it.

Intermission was definitely not staged, just randomly came up. Yes in editing it I focused on certain related parts, but the intermission is about 7 minutes of 35 and that stuff was not all together, it was spread out over the 35

This was not a longer podcast too, it was under 100 minutes. Which is short compared to most we have had some go over 150.

At the end of the day there were only about 3 big talking points and the rest were random, it is just going to vary from episode to episode.

OG Sokka Reply:

If the podcast didn’t have its normal flare I apologize most times I try to add a comedic touch to the show . But it was a long week. I still thought it was a descent podcast. Mostly me Callum and Morgan have a great unforced natural chemistry. Thanks for your insight though. Oh and how many of our shows have you listened to?

Troy Reply:

The last seven. I already explained (the best I could!) problems I had, so you don’t need to change things on the podcast.

7. Droc Plug Said: Comment by Droc Plug on August 27, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

That Irish dub sounds awesome. The voice actors did a great job. But r some of the words like “prince” the same in both languages or was that just used cause it’s his name.

8. Tea Bender Iroh Said: Comment by Tea Bender Iroh on August 29, 2012 at 6:36 am | Permalink

Ahricard”o” See, I’m getting somewhere

9. Tea Bender Iroh Said: Comment by Tea Bender Iroh on August 29, 2012 at 6:37 am | Permalink

I believe Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch is the longest place name in the world!

10. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on August 31, 2012 at 8:34 am | Permalink

Got round to listening to this.

Great podcast guys! I especially liked this week’s episode discussion.
    Land splitting is just a part of life. Has any land ever split around you before? 😛
    Though of course an earthquake would be disastrous.
    All the poor fish…

I put ‘Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch’ into Google Translate from Welsh to English and it remained the same, I guess it can’t translate place names. 😉
    I just heard it being said and it sounded nothing like what you guys said. O.o
    My conclusion: Don’t trust Google Translate. 😛

@airspeed After hearing many long podcasts, this short podcast actually seemed quite nice. Perhaps over 2 hours isn’t the best idea, but of course all the points need to be discussed, etc.

It just depends on what news and how many listener questions there are.
    Like this weeks episode may be quite long as some important news is out and we have a few listener questions.

And some ATLA episodes have more to them than others.

A transformers and a star wars podcast I listen to rarely go under 2.5 hours, so I think we are doing well that only the odd one goes over 2.

Ricardo Reply:

I don’t think long podcasts are bad. I was surprised when the podcast ended whilst listening to it, and it just occurred to me that this one was quite short. At the time, I thought, “oh… now what?” 😛

The current podcast layout seems to be nice. If I have any ideas, I’ll let you know. 🙂

Quite looking forward to The Promise podcast special.

As am I, I love talking about the comics.