Avatar Online Podcast Episode 16

205
Listed as: Podcast

Avatar Online Podcast Episode 16- August 19th 2011

205

Morgan (Airspeed Prime), Nick (Cosmobender), Callum (Badgermole1) and Kelly (Gemini530) fight through multiple technical issues to finish a podcast where stuff like 205 Avatar Day is discussed along with possible Korra movie info and even breaking news in the middle of the podcast. Listener Questions are also handled.

00:00:00 – Note from Morgan about the tech issues.
00:01:18 – Opening
00:02:06 – Introduction, New Mods and threads. We discuss Nick’s game Year Of The Comet
00:12:45 – News, Chibi game on nick.com and the first official news mentioning a Korra movie.
00:24:18 – Intermission
00:26:25 – Breaking news, April Stewart to voice a character in Korra and April possibly the book 2 release date.
00:29:40 – Discussion Topic – 205 Avatar Day
01:09:45 – Next Episode to discuss is randomly chosen.
01:11:00 – Listener Question from Ricardo
01:26:30 – Outro
END

Download the MP3 hereΒ (Right Click -> Save As)

Or just click once to listen.

Podcast is just Over 120 minutes long

Podcast RSS Feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/avatarpodcast

Itunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/avatar-last-airbender-podcast/id512736597
Just search β€œAvatar Online in podcasts” Please give us some positive feedback to help spread the show. A 5 Star Review would be tremendous.

If you have any listener Questions or suggestions ask them here

Or the email address
avataronlinepodcast@gmail.com

Korra Roundtable Podcast - K312 Enter The Void
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 102
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 103
The Movers Podcast - Transformers Animated

1. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on August 19, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

Aw, Rich couldn’t make it this time?
    I thought it’d be interesting with a 5-people podcast. πŸ™‚

He had planned to be on, but something came up, we knew about it early in the week and I could organise the 4 we got.

I don’t think we will ever really do a 5 way podcast, except maybe on a special occasion podcast. You eventually get to a point where there are to many people on the podcast and no one gets enough chance to speak, I think 4 is the most for most shows.

Ricardo Reply:

Ah I see.

I agree, too many would definitely have an adverse effect.
    Although… are you planning on hosting a special podcast anytime. πŸ˜‰

Yes, breaking podcast news.

Avatar Online Podcast Special – The Promise Mega cast

Featuring a review of Part 3 and a look back over all 3 parts and a brief Awards Section.

End of September into October.

Don’t think it will be a 5 person cast, probably 3-4 depending on who has the book.

OG Sokka Reply:

Sorry I wanted to take my nieces to their first demolition derby, and it was awesome.
    No worrys I’ll be back next week! feels good that someone missed me though thanks bro.

2. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on August 19, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

i β™₯ podcasts

3. Haikai Said: Comment by Haikai on August 19, 2012 at 6:21 pm | Permalink

i actually didn’t notice but one or two tech issues

Ricardo Reply:

Thanks to Airspeed’s @airspeed great editing skills. πŸ˜‰

If anyone actually saw the way I edit the podcast I doubt anyone would be saying my skills were great.
    In the end the recordings I had raw, were not too bad, I just had to cut out the parts where we were confused as the connection went.

Plus editing is really simple, when the connection is good there is more or less nothing in the middle of the show I need to edit.

Ricardo Reply:

Lol, hahahaha. πŸ˜›

I think overall it was pretty much the same as previous episodes in quality, apart from around the intermission, where things became slightly dodgy.

4. Callum Fryars Said: Comment by Callum Fryars on August 19, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Permalink

Im going to play Skyrim next podcast so you can hear me yell die every five minutes! πŸ˜€

Cosmobender Reply:

Could be worse, you could have me play CS:GO the whole time πŸ˜›

Callum Fryars Reply:

lol! Next time your on I will play Skyrim and you can play Counter-Strike! πŸ™‚

5. OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on August 19, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Permalink

Listening now

OG Sokka Reply:

You could leave Korra book 4 with a huge cliffhanger then do a movie to finish the story . Imagine ATLA ending then having to see the finale 6 months later in theaters with a 100 mill budget.

still listening..

6. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on August 19, 2012 at 10:53 pm | Permalink

i wish i had time to listen to it πŸ™ But i guarantee. I will listen someday!!

^yes i confess. Sorry but i do support it!

what’s with “Ricardo’s listener question”

He asked a question in the podcast question thread and in that part of the podcast you will hear us answer it.

7. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on August 20, 2012 at 4:22 am | Permalink

Poor Swamp Skiin’ Throwdown. πŸ˜›

Kelly Reply:

No no don’t take it like that, o loved each one and really love swamp skiing tgrowdown because it has sokka in it and some really great moments, I just feel the others made more sense and school time shipping was genius. And bending battle was cool

Ricardo Reply:

Yeah, School Time Shipping was a great one.
    Especially the ending with The Blue Spirit and Zuko’s last line. 😎

Troy Reply:

I liked all three because while they were cute they weren’t so cute it was attacking other structers of the show. The pros in them are that regular Avatar I never saw as cute and I had a void for seeing chibi. School Time Shipping was great with Kataras confusion on the changing persinalittys of boys she likes. It was vary cute liked all the chibis. “Words of love are difficult to express, They’re like the clouds, always changing and shifting.”

8. FireSageGuntur Said: Comment by FireSageGuntur on August 20, 2012 at 6:03 am | Permalink

Thanks for mentioning my thread guys! I can’t wait until it gets started next week πŸ™‚

This was very fun to listen to, despite minor technical issues. But overall, a great podcast!

9. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on August 20, 2012 at 7:45 am | Permalink

Don’t forget, Sokka used the monocle to partially blind Vachir. πŸ˜›
    Now that you mentioned it, I just realised how lucky all his attacks were.

Kelly Reply:

He really used the power of stuff!! Yeah i thought that was a great way for him to get rid of the detective stuff, it was a pretty cool scene!

10. Tea Bender Iroh Said: Comment by Tea Bender Iroh on August 20, 2012 at 9:41 am | Permalink

My team avatar still doesn’t work πŸ™ Are we having custom usernames and passwords or just betatest?

11. Droc Plug Said: Comment by Droc Plug on August 20, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Permalink

Loved the podcast guys. Keep it up.

12. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on August 21, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Permalink

The Day of Black Sun, The Ecplse -because you told us
    Other than Sokkas stay or go which I suspect you excellent podcasters will get to is the private conversation between Zuko and Ozia. When Zuko had a private conversation Ozia could tell him the real reason why the Fire Nation advanced.

13. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on August 24, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

thats where o.g. cranana came from πŸ˜›

Avatar Yangchen Reply: