Avatar Online Podcast Episode 15

110 Image
Listed as: Podcast

Avatar Online Podcast Episode 15 – August 11th 2012

110 Image

Morgan (Airspeed Prime), Callum (Badgermole1) and Rich (O.G.Sokka) are joined by new host Kelly (Gemini530) to discuss some Avatar Comic news including big spoilers, before getting into an indepth discussion on 110 Jet and answering some listener questions.

00:00:00 – Opening
00:00:48 – Introduction, Kelly’s introduction + Team Trivia talk
00:06:05 – News, The Search Release Date
00:08:40 – Spoiler news section, Β Talk of leaked pages from The Promise Part 3 including the last page. SPOILER WARNING.
00:40:13 – Intermission
00:41:48 – Discussion Topic on 110 Jet
01:34:10 – The next episode to discuss is chosen
01:35:45 – Listener Questions from: Lauren, Greg2B and Leland
01:59:27 – Outro

END

Download the MP3 hereΒ (Right Click -> Save As)

Or just click once to listen.

Podcast is just Over 120 minutes long

Podcast RSS Feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/avatarpodcast

Itunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/avatar-last-airbender-podcast/id512736597
Just search β€œAvatar Online in podcasts” Please give us some positive feedback to help spread the show. A 5 Star Review would be tremendous.

If you have any listener Questions or suggestions ask them here

Or the email address
avataronlinepodcast@gmail.com

Avatar Online Podcast Episode 26
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 49
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 96 - Book 3 Trailer Discussion
Avatar Online Podcast - Episode 206

1. Haikai Said: Comment by Haikai on August 11, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

Yay, nice to hear you Kelly

Kelly Reply:

Thanks! Glad to see I wasn’t awful on it I was pretty concerned but it went well. I hate listening to myself though. You know how when you hear yourself you sound different? Yeah its weird!

Cosmobender Reply:

Lol, been there before! You kinda forget about it after a few times.

OG Sokka Reply:

You did Awesome Kelly, I didn’t have much to contribute on this podcast, but you really helped me get threw it, even though I just stumbled over my own thoughts threw out.

Haikai Reply:

yep, just like how most people don’t like the way they look in pictures lol

Ricardo Reply:

I know what you mean. πŸ™‚

When people talk, sound waves vibrate through your skull and create resonance in your own head. Therefore, this paired with the sound waves passing through the air to your ears creates the sound that you hear as your own voice.
    However, when played back digitally, there’s no resonance in your head, so you’re hearing the sound that your voice actually is.

I suppose if many people knew this, we’d have a lot less contestants on Americal Idol…

Tea Bender Iroh Reply:

Thanks for that bit of info, and yeah, definitely less contestants on ANY singing show lol

2. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on August 11, 2012 at 7:25 pm | Permalink

i cant wait to listen to it πŸ™‚

3. Brandy Said: Comment by Brandy on August 11, 2012 at 7:49 pm | Permalink

This was a good podcast and you guys were great!
    Kelly, I definitely think that you should be on more often.
    I’ve only played “Into the Inferno” for the Wii and I can’t really form an opinion on it because I played it so long ago. I borrowed it from the library and only made it past the first mission because I didn’t have a lot of time to really play it.

Brandy Reply:

I just remembered that I have played the gamecube version, and I remember the Momo mode too. I guess since it was such a long time ago that I was slow to remember haha. I do remember loving it until I got stuck.

4. Admin / Jordash Said: Comment by Admin / Jordash on August 11, 2012 at 9:32 pm | Permalink

Glad to hear Kelly’s first podcast.

Another excellent podcast guys!

5. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on August 12, 2012 at 6:03 am | Permalink

I always thought the sudden transition between night and day on that particular scene where Sokka was discovered was due to the sun rising.
    Since the sun doesn’t rise steadily at dawn, it pops up and then slowly rises. So Sokka could have been following them for awhile and then the sun just happened to rise at that point when he was caught.
    This is also kind of backed up by the fact that the sun was still quite low in the sky when we next see it, when Jet meets Katara and Aang.

About Avatar Extras, not to defend it or anything as I agree that some parts of it are wrong. But perhaps we could see it as firebending is the opposite of airbending in terms of style? For instance, firebending is aggressive and offensive whereas airbending is more passive and defensive. Maybe they weren’t talking about the elements specifically.

That in itself is a slight against them, in that they should have been specific.
    There is a difference between the element and the philosophy behind the elements.
    Fire and Water are elemental opposites, but the mentality of Fire is more opposite Air.

Troy Reply:

Yes, it’s strange to think how diffrent air and fire are on a scale of passive versus aggressive but yet they are next to eachother on the 4 squre. The explanition is anthor scale other than passive aggressive, such as freedom and protection.

6. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on August 12, 2012 at 8:13 am | Permalink

Next episode Avatar Day- since you told us, I’ll post some points I have.
    This was a big episode for Aangs personality versus Kyoshis.
    Sokka and Katara tried to clear Avatars name, meaning Kyoshi killing Chin didn’t happen.
    Avatar Kyoshi bluntly saying she killed Chin, which she justified as a bad man.
    Aangs punishment was changed from Death when the Rough Riders attacked to community service, what he wanted to do all along. The Avatars honor was restored in Chin.
    Funny how Tong said “it’s justice, just-us” the actual exact opposite of justice.

7. Cosmobender Said: Comment by Cosmobender on August 12, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Great podcast! Just finished it and I loved it. Kelly, I agree, you need to be on this podcast more! (Less of my egotistical self! :P)

Ricardo Reply:

I agree, Kelly did an excellent job, and totally fit in. πŸ™‚

Ricardo Reply:

Oh wait, I agree that Kelly should be on more often, not that there should be less of you. O.o

The more the merrier. πŸ™‚

(And longer too :P)

Cosmobender Reply:

Bah, whatever, I’ll just admire myself in the mirror more! πŸ˜›

Kelly Reply:

AW Guys Thanks I was worried I wouldn’t be good At it I’m glad I did a good job! I Should be back next week So YAY!! Thank you The compliments mean A lot!!

8. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on August 12, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

Ugh, I’m not a big fan of Avatar Day.
    Mayor Tong is despicable and is the epitome of annoying. Even after changing Aang’s fate to ‘Community Service’, he then ended up with the idea of unfried. Seriously… >.>

Sokka and has antics make it slightly bearable though. πŸ˜›

Troy Reply:

Avatar day and Sokkas relief- this is when he said airbending slice. The un-fried doe showed how traditions get started like in Judaism they have fried doe for Chanukah (which makes 10x more sense), un-tasty Earth Kingdom traditions I guess.

9. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on August 12, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

OK I gotta confess one thing though. In Greg2B’s question on your thoughts on a story for an avatar game… I spaced out πŸ™
    Thats why I couldnt really answer the question and fumbled a lot Just making my conscious clear by admitting that.
    Other than that Great podcast And cant wait for next week! πŸ™‚

That is just something you realise when you do a podcast, that you are not going to have something amazing to say about everything.

When you listen to a podcast you often go “Why did they not say that” but when you do one, you realise that you can never cover everything.

Ricardo Reply:

You covered it up fairly well. πŸ™‚

All I noticed was that you seemed fairly surprised at being asked a question for the games ‘story-wise’.

Kelly Reply:

Well yeah thats when I spaced out Completely Ricardo… and yeah Your right Airspeed you cant have an answer for everything, but I sure wish I did LOL.

Ricardo Reply:

No one blames you, so don’t be too hard on yourself. πŸ™‚
    You did brilliantly in the first three-quarters, and not many people can manage to keep their concentration for that long a time.

10. Lauren Said: Comment by Lauren on August 13, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Permalink

Great job on the podcast Kelly! Thanks for answering my question by the way, I wasn’t sure if anyone had played the game, so I’m glad two of you have haha. As confusing as Momo mode was, it was great just running around hearing voices as Momo hears them.

Ricardo Reply:

After hearing the podcast, I now really want to buy the game.

Even if it’s just to try out “Momo mode”. πŸ˜›

Lauren Reply:

It’s worth the buy! You can find the game really cheap online now. The first time I played it I was just stunned then couldn’t stop laughing. Another thing in Momo mode is everything just kind of turns blue, kind of dream like if I recall.

Kelly Reply:

Thanks Lauren! Yeah I was glad I got a question I could actually answer! And yeah Its worth a buy or rent cuz its SO cheap now after so many years. The momo mode I think did have this weird blue green shading over it, a big reason why I was confused when I was in it LOL but It was accurate to the show so that was cool!

Lauren Reply:

Haha for sure! Eventually you’d always end up where you needed to be after a long head ache. I loved how it was always accurate to the show, I just wish it had stuck a little more to the story arc with the show. If it had happened in a show though, it might have a different feel and be more acceptable like Trojan People said below.

Troy Reply:

I liked that discussion about quility Avatar games. A game with a backround storys compares diffrently than an epasode with background storys in a good way. Because when an epasode premires everyone sees then and no sooner. In a game we have a take-off zone to compete to get background storys before others.

Lauren Reply:

That’s exactly right. It’s a little different feel when you have a video game spin off from the path the characters are taking in the show.

Troy Reply:

Spin-off, I nor not many like that. What I’m trying to say is things that are in comic books or we want to see like Irohs childhood that LOK will never get to would fit.

Lauren Reply:

I understand that, it’s just some platform games like that don’t really translate well. The Avatar game I’m talking about had Katarra getting kidnapped by the fire nation, which clearly didn’t happen or have a place for in the show in season 1. If they took another story like Iroh and did that, it would work. I’m also a huge fan of the comics. Look up the game and maybe you will see what I mean, but it did not work the way they made that story up in the game when a clear story arc was already in place.

Troy Reply:

It depends. If its done with wrighters of the show or if its done with game creatures. Agree.

11. Greg2Bender Said: Comment by Greg2Bender on August 15, 2012 at 5:29 am | Permalink

Great podcast, awesome job Kelly, and thanks for answering my question. It’s interesting that we had two game questions asked this week.

12. Tea Bender Iroh Said: Comment by Tea Bender Iroh on August 17, 2012 at 10:57 am | Permalink

I’ve got a game for wii called: Avatar:The Legend of Aang. If anyone was wondering, Avatar:The Legend of Aang is the European name for the show and was what it was called when I watched it for the first time on TV.