Avatar Online Podcast Episode 11

Avatar Kyoshi
Listed as: Podcast

Avatar Online Podcast Episode 11 – July 8th 2012

Avatar Kyoshi

The image will make sense once you listen to the show πŸ™‚

Morgan (Airspeed Prime) and Rich (O.G.Sokka) are joined by the returning Callum (Badgermole1) to discuss the little news there is. With the lack of news a summary of Book 2 info and some speculation takes it’s place. Then 104 The Warriors Of Kyoshi is discussed as the latest Random episode Discussion. Plus 1 listener question.

Vote in the Book 1 Air Awards here

00:00:00 – Opening
00:00:48 – Introduction, Callum returns, Avatar Trivia : Korra Edition, Book 1 Air Awards
00:13:49 – News, Korra: Making of Legend Coming up + more SDCC panel info
00:25:00 – Book 2: What We know + some speculation
00:42:20 – Intermission
00:44:41 – Discussion Topic 104 The Warriors Of Kyoshi
01:44:21 – Listener Question from Ricardo
01:50:08 – Outro, upcoming episodes
END

Download the MP3 hereΒ (Right Click -> Save As)

Or just click once to listen.

Podcast is just under 95 minutes long

Podcast RSS Feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/avatarpodcast

Itunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/avatar-last-airbender-podcast/id512736597
Just search β€œAvatar Online in podcasts” Please give us some positive feedback to help spread the show. A 5 Star Review would be tremendous.

If you have any listener Questions or suggestions ask them here

Or the email address
avataronlinepodcast@gmail.com

Avatar Online Podcast Episode 61
The Movers Podcast Episode 16 - Voices of a Distant Star
The Movers Podcast Episode 48 - Star vs The Forces of Evil
Voltron Online Podcast - Season 4 Review

1. Callum Fryars Said: Comment by Callum Fryars on July 8, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

OMG THAT PICTURE!!!

2. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 8, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

LOL that picture, and Im gonna listen to this tonight K? Im kinda busy now but Ill get the chance to listen as soon as I can! (still wishing one day I can give this a shot….)

Kelly Reply:

Oh hey Callum is Back YAY

Callum Fryars Reply:

Yea you need to get on the podcast! It has been too long of a wait!:) Thanks for the welcome back!

3. Lauren Said: Comment by Lauren on July 8, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

Can’t wait to give this a listen! That picture cracks me up!

4. Cosmobender Said: Comment by Cosmobender on July 8, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

I’ll listen to this tomorrow, but I can’t wait! πŸ˜€

5. Haikai Said: Comment by Haikai on July 8, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Permalink

I use amazon video and i don’t know if they would have the “making of a legend” episodes and i’m out of town when they air..anybody know where i could see them later on?

6. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 8, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Permalink

God I’m so upset I forgot about the korra trivia I probably would have done well πŸ™

I plan to be in all the next ones once I’m out of this busy week

7. OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on July 8, 2012 at 8:49 pm | Permalink

This is one of the funniest podcasts ever, Me, Morgan and Callum somehow just… “click” so glad the 3 amigos are back!

Callum Fryars Reply:

I know! I had a great time with this one. I think this was one of our best! πŸ™‚

8. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 8, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Permalink

… that awkward moment when Your asked to be on the podcast and your name is said omg
    Thanks guys, And next week Im gonna ask My mom if its ok…. but She wont like it probably…. Ill see what happens ok?

9. Avatar Andres Said: Comment by Avatar Andres on July 8, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Permalink

Awesome podcast! I’m listining to it right now! You guys do a great podcast! I love to listen to it!!!!!!

Callum Fryars Reply:

Thanks! Glad to hear that this was a good one!

10. Avatar Andres Said: Comment by Avatar Andres on July 8, 2012 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

Kelly, you’ve been on the podcast? I’ve only listened to the most recent ones.

Kelly Reply:

No ive Never been on it, but O.G.sokka mentioned me and said they would like a female perspective

I always thought being on it would be loads of fun but my parents wouldnt like it. Im gonna see what I can do!

Avatar Andres Reply:

Oh I’m like only half an hour into the show. Well it would be interesting if you could.

Avatar Andres Reply:

Oh now I heard it.

11. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 8, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Permalink

Oh my god callum, I’m dead guys I’m dead of laughter
    Really? The fish when you brought up the fish I though you were gonna talk about the elephant koi and the unagis origin but I.was not expecting
    So all those fish died when kyoshi made the island
    I CANT stop laughing are you guys seriously discussing the death on animated fish on a podcast for a cartoon I’m so sorry if this is sounding offensive, I love this podcast buy I’m still chuckling oh my god

Callum Fryars Reply:

Well when I first brought that up I was mainly aiming for a short discussion of the environmental changes for the fish having an island moving in. But because were us. It turned into Kyoshi Killing fish.

12. Avatar Andres Said: Comment by Avatar Andres on July 8, 2012 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

I know it was hilarious!!!!!!!! I laughed my a** off!!!!! And I do wonder if Aang really would have taken the fish out because he is a vegetarian after all!

13. Kenny Said: Comment by Kenny on July 8, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Permalink

She didn’t kill Chin the conqueror, he was to stubborn to move. She did kill some fish though…

She admitted herself that while she never specifically killed him , she would have if that was the only way. Though she is more or less responsible for his death, it was her in moving the Island that created the situation where he died.
    And in the end, she did tear a section of land away from the mainland centimeters in front of him, she could have done a lot more damage.

It goes to show more of Kyoshi’s style as the Avatar, she does not do explanations and reasons. She confessed to being responsible for his death, despite much of it being down to him.

14. Tea Drinking Uncle Said: Comment by Tea Drinking Uncle on July 8, 2012 at 11:13 pm | Permalink

Great podcast guys! Always enjoy listening, keep up the great work πŸ™‚

15. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on July 9, 2012 at 4:33 am | Permalink

Brilliantly done guys, and welcome back Callum πŸ™‚

About the podcast, it’s always great to know more information about upcoming Avatar stuff. Thanks Morgan for the pictures and info on ALOK book 2.

Suki initially being a sort of standalone character for just one episode is interesting, I never knew that before. Although I am very glad that they did later include her in as a main character, otherwise what would become of Appa? He would never have been found! πŸ˜›
    I do kind of agree with Rich, in that the rest of the Kyoshi Warriors aren’t nearly as charismatic or pretty as Suki. They seem like clones, with the exact same personality. Although later on the creators did add little gadgets here and there (like their headbands) which allowed us to differentiate between them.

Foaming mouth guy is a fan favourite and I can see why Morgan likes him. However, the man arguing with a pole at 12:08 was very funny indeed, and I hadn’t noticed him in all the various times I had watched the episode before. If Morgan hadn’t pointed it out, it probably would have been unnoticed for some time, so thanks Morgan πŸ˜€
    Ten seconds later, you can see the guy has lost the argument with the pole and is crouched on the floor – so funny.

Morgan’s analogy of the Kyoshi Warriors’ switching weapons, from katanas, to fans, to wrist shields, really made me laugh. It is a lot like in video games. The wrist shields would be my favourite, it looks so cool when being deployed.

About the fish, that was hilarious! Throughout the podcast, Rich is the casual unaffected morbid guy XD
    My view on it would be that Aang felt terrible for being the root cause of the village being in flames, so risked his life to restore it. I think, the way in which he could tell the Unagi what to do is that he grabbed the Unagi’s two barbels, then firmly planted his feet onto its head and pulled its head back. The Unagi probably has a reflex reaction where it automatically sprays a jet of water, therefore dousing the village (and the Fire Nations soldiers too πŸ˜€ ). But I’m not sure as to how Aang got the Unagi to flip its head so Aang could get back on Appa O.o

Another question was about Zuko, in the beginning, whether he was meditating or not. I believe that he was meditating, and not praying, judging by the posture he is in and the lighted candles, as well as their positioning. Not quite sure what the mask on the wall is of though.

One last note, the beginning music (intro), and the outro were great. When the podcast finished, I felt as if it was an Avatar episode that had just finished, then that’s when the penguins came on! Gave me such a fright -.-

Overall, great podcast guys!

Ricardo Reply:

Oh, another thing (I know I said ‘one last note’ previously, but bear with me). Thanks for using my question! It was a real honour being mentioned in your podcast πŸ™‚

Glad you enjoyed it, and I am happy that the intro and outro are liked.
    I will have to update them with Korra music and lines included too once we get some proper versions of most of the tracks.

Ricardo Reply:

Couldn’t you just use the unofficial tracks available on Youtube? It might be a long time until an official release actually comes out.

Also, purely coincidental, is that the episode that got chosen for the next podcast was actually the only one that Tom-Tom was featured in πŸ˜€

Only a few of the tracks are good quality, not edited to remove sound effects and dialogue from the episodes which messes up parts of the track.
    So I only really have access to the Korra Nation tracks that were released and the intro and outro of Korra.

With ATLA The Track team released a good bit of the music on their site so we have them.

Ricardo Reply:

Oh right, I didn’t know that The Track Team released some tracks. Are they still available?

Jordan collected all the released music here, pretty much none of it is for download, just to listen to.

16. OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on July 9, 2012 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

Unafected Morbid guy thanks everyone for all the questions and comments. We really do this for all u guys. I am just honored to be a part of it. I just do my best to make y’all have a laugh while u enjoy in depth analasys of our favorite show

17. Greg2Bender Said: Comment by Greg2Bender on July 10, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Permalink

This episode was great I was laughing to much on the bus/train and trying to hold it in. I’m sure people started to look at me funny but it was a to good to stay quite about. Keep up the good work.